When I was a kid, I had a fear of water.
Repeatedly I had this nightmare where I walk on a small pathway in a wood on a hillside very close to the house of my grandparents. The pathway is close to the border of the wood, beyond there is a grain field. In my dream, there is a lake instead. I struggle, I fall and I roll down the slope into the water, and I drown as I see the daylight breaking through the water. I wake up horrified, I open my eyes and I see the light of a breaking day coming through the curtains.
We often made one day trips to the mountains, The road would lead beside a lake for some kilometers. There was nothing but some posts of stone and one or two meters of field between the street and the lake. I was always terrified when we passed by the lake. I feared that our car could fall in the water and that we might drown. I sat on the backseat, unable to move, and I felt my guts being squeezed just of terror. It was horrible, and I never was able to tell anyone.
So far I found out that my last life finished as I drowned. I was about 30 years old. We were sitting in a Volkswagen, me and another woman on the backseat, two young men on the frontseats. It was about five o’clock in the morning, we were all pretty drunk.
The driver got confused with the lights of a crossing car or truck reflecting on the wet street and on the raindrops on the frontshield of our car. He lost control, the truck hit us and our car was thrown into a lake. We were all very badly hurt, and I was squeezed in the backseat. I could hardly breathe and finally I drowned. That must have been in the 1950’s.
Repeatedly I had this nightmare where I walk on a small pathway in a wood on a hillside very close to the house of my grandparents. The pathway is close to the border of the wood, beyond there is a grain field. In my dream, there is a lake instead. I struggle, I fall and I roll down the slope into the water, and I drown as I see the daylight breaking through the water. I wake up horrified, I open my eyes and I see the light of a breaking day coming through the curtains.
We often made one day trips to the mountains, The road would lead beside a lake for some kilometers. There was nothing but some posts of stone and one or two meters of field between the street and the lake. I was always terrified when we passed by the lake. I feared that our car could fall in the water and that we might drown. I sat on the backseat, unable to move, and I felt my guts being squeezed just of terror. It was horrible, and I never was able to tell anyone.
So far I found out that my last life finished as I drowned. I was about 30 years old. We were sitting in a Volkswagen, me and another woman on the backseat, two young men on the frontseats. It was about five o’clock in the morning, we were all pretty drunk.
The driver got confused with the lights of a crossing car or truck reflecting on the wet street and on the raindrops on the frontshield of our car. He lost control, the truck hit us and our car was thrown into a lake. We were all very badly hurt, and I was squeezed in the backseat. I could hardly breathe and finally I drowned. That must have been in the 1950’s.