• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Mission Statement Revisited

Steve

Grand Poobah
Super Moderator
I just reread the mission statement for the first time in at least ten years; I think I wrote it 20 years ago. I was looking to see if it needs to be update or revised as part of our new push to modernize and re-focus the Forum. (It's in the section Forum Rules and Guidelines.)

What I discovered is that it hasn't gone out of date one bit. It's all still true. It's what we still believe and describes what we want this Forum to continue to be as we carry on for another 25 years.

Our first priority is still to help families who suspect their child is experiencing a past life memory of some sort. There's no other place on the Internet that does this well. This is our mission.

Second is to provide a safe place for adults to discuss their own memories.

Third is to provide a positive environment for anybody with an interest in reincarnation to discuss and learn from each other. And to share resources.

The emphasis on civility, respect, open-mindedness is just as important as ever. This will not change. We suspect it's the reason we've survived more than 25 years when so many other forums have imploded in downward spirals of negativity. Our moderators over the years deserve as much credit as the policy itself. You can't imagine how much time and effort they spend policing the threads and making tough decisions to keep discussions civil and welcoming.

When I do get around to rewriting this, I'm going to add a new emphasis on healing. This is to reflect the evolution of Carol's thinking based on her 35 years of experience with both children and adults. Healing is the point of past life regression, but it's also the first reason for acknowledging spontaneous memories, in both bchildren and adults. Carol is concerned that the therapeutic benefit of working with past lives has gotten lost among the rush by professional past life researchers to provide "proof" of reincarnation. So adding to this Forum's mission is to keep alive the idea that past life memories can heal.

Steve

Back