Mammatus
A Squid With a Rocketship
Welcome to the forum Angelafly hug2.gif
I cannot say I understand what it's like to lose a child, as I have none of my own at the moment, and won't for a long time. I have lost loved ones in the past, but it doesn't exactly make up for the grief you must be feeling at this time.
I really hope that things get better for you, and that you are able to sort things out and find answers to any questions you have. It's painfully and impossibly difficult to let go of someone you loved so much and who was very close to you, my deepested condolences.
I think in the end however, I think your son would want you to be happy. I think a lot of people seem to forget that even though someone isn't there physically, it doesn't mean they're not there at all. They are. They are all around you. In the house, in your garden, the playground, the wind. And most importantly, they are in your heart.
I understand your confusion with carrying such pain into another life, but I think if we take it in doses, the pain gets much easier to handle. From a personal stance, I think trying to forget about it and act as if it never happened is more painful and more difficult than anything else in this type of situation. There's something to learn and to gain as well as lose in every situation. And what doesn't break us down, cut us up, tear us apart or kill us, makes us stronger.
Death is just another beginning. Everything is always creating, destroying and recreating itself. Without death, there is no life. And without life, death cannot exist. Destruction vs. creation. Day vs. night. Yin vs. yang. The circle of life.
Nothing is ever truly lost. Ever.
I really hope you get through this and come out a stronger person than before hug2.gif
As for my own experiences with the loss of a love one in this life and in PLs....
My paternal grandfather was probably my closest family member. When he died, I didn't know what to think. What to say. What to do. My mind went blank. My face went blank. Eventually, I came to the realisation that he was gone (although not truly) and broke down in tears.
The one loss from a PL that still tears me up was from WWII. I felt hopeless, lost. As if I were drifting in some sort of endless white abyss. No color. No sound. Just me, moving along at a mile an hour, going no where. And then it came crashing down on me in an instant. What I have come to realise is that this individual has returned today, and is also my "guardian angel" in a sense.
As much as I dislike the Allies firebombing Dresden, I have to thank them for their timing. I wouldn't have woken up from the trance that I was in had it not been for imminent danger.
Something I learned from that life and countless others is, you cannot give up. Giving up solves nothing. It leaves you behind and feeling worse than ever. I do stupid things sometimes. I've done stupid things. I'm going to do stupid things. Sometimes I feel like the whole world has turned against me, and everything I do, they're pushing back. Sometimes I'm afraid to push back. But I have to. I have a very important mission in this life. I have the world balancing dangerously on my shoulders, and I cannot give up and let it fall off because if I do, we're all doomed.
The weight hasn't crushed me yet. And I'm not going to let it.
I cannot say I understand what it's like to lose a child, as I have none of my own at the moment, and won't for a long time. I have lost loved ones in the past, but it doesn't exactly make up for the grief you must be feeling at this time.
I really hope that things get better for you, and that you are able to sort things out and find answers to any questions you have. It's painfully and impossibly difficult to let go of someone you loved so much and who was very close to you, my deepested condolences.
I think in the end however, I think your son would want you to be happy. I think a lot of people seem to forget that even though someone isn't there physically, it doesn't mean they're not there at all. They are. They are all around you. In the house, in your garden, the playground, the wind. And most importantly, they are in your heart.
I understand your confusion with carrying such pain into another life, but I think if we take it in doses, the pain gets much easier to handle. From a personal stance, I think trying to forget about it and act as if it never happened is more painful and more difficult than anything else in this type of situation. There's something to learn and to gain as well as lose in every situation. And what doesn't break us down, cut us up, tear us apart or kill us, makes us stronger.
Death is just another beginning. Everything is always creating, destroying and recreating itself. Without death, there is no life. And without life, death cannot exist. Destruction vs. creation. Day vs. night. Yin vs. yang. The circle of life.
Nothing is ever truly lost. Ever.
I really hope you get through this and come out a stronger person than before hug2.gif
As for my own experiences with the loss of a love one in this life and in PLs....
My paternal grandfather was probably my closest family member. When he died, I didn't know what to think. What to say. What to do. My mind went blank. My face went blank. Eventually, I came to the realisation that he was gone (although not truly) and broke down in tears.
The one loss from a PL that still tears me up was from WWII. I felt hopeless, lost. As if I were drifting in some sort of endless white abyss. No color. No sound. Just me, moving along at a mile an hour, going no where. And then it came crashing down on me in an instant. What I have come to realise is that this individual has returned today, and is also my "guardian angel" in a sense.
As much as I dislike the Allies firebombing Dresden, I have to thank them for their timing. I wouldn't have woken up from the trance that I was in had it not been for imminent danger.
Something I learned from that life and countless others is, you cannot give up. Giving up solves nothing. It leaves you behind and feeling worse than ever. I do stupid things sometimes. I've done stupid things. I'm going to do stupid things. Sometimes I feel like the whole world has turned against me, and everything I do, they're pushing back. Sometimes I'm afraid to push back. But I have to. I have a very important mission in this life. I have the world balancing dangerously on my shoulders, and I cannot give up and let it fall off because if I do, we're all doomed.
The weight hasn't crushed me yet. And I'm not going to let it.