• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

My 5 year old son says he died in a house fire

JYN

New Member
My 5year old son, who since the age of about 3 had started talking casually about his other house and his other mummy, he used to get very frustrated when we didnt understand what he was going on about, he would say 'you know !' He used to get so annoyed with us. He has described a fire in his home, where his sister, himself and his mother perished.(we dont have a daughter)He describes that his mother was in bed and he was outside in he garden. His father was not around, my son says he was called harry, he describes the windows blowing out and says that he went back into the house to try and save his sister, when we ask him when this was he just says 'you know before I was in your stomache' He now says that the fire was his fault somthing to do with a fire and not putting water in it ????. There are a lot of things he cannot remember, like his mother's face and where he actually lived. WE will aks him things but are very careful not to confused him or put things in his head, we find it fascinating and he was recently telling a plumber friend of ours about the fire and how it started,he described the pipes etc and our friend just went white and said that what he has described is definately not something a 5 year old could know.Our friend knew excatly what he had discribed, we certainly didnt. He used to draw pictures of where he lived, and he often has bad dreams He also seems so grownup sometimes, always calling us 'my darling', 'my sweet heart' and 'you are my angel, my sweetheart'It just seems very odd terminology from a very small child. We dont use that terminology So I am just curious to know if there could be any truth in this, and if so is what we can do about it I would really appreciate any comments Thankyou
 
Nice to meet you

Welcome to the forum JYN,

I am running to work in a few minutes but wanted to welcome you and ask you a few questions before I leave..

Have you read any of Carol Bowman's books? Are you familiar with Ian Stevenson's work? Have you gone over the check list on the FOUR SIGNS of children's past life memories? ( A thread in this section.)

I hope others respond and reflect on what you have shared. Thank you - we appreciate your post and your willingness to share with others - the possibilities and "happenings" in your own life. :)
 
Hi JTN and welcome to the forum! Besides Deborah's suggestions, check out others' stories in this section of the forum about the unexpected things their children started saying. You'll start to see that you son's behavior isn't as unusual as you might think.

You're doing the right thing by not asking confusing questions or those that would just lead him on. You may never get a full answer from him as to where he lived, but I know that others here have suggested that the parent or caretaker begin keeping a journal of what the child is saying, in order to keep a record of
saying.

Is your son able to say what his bad dreams are about? Are they connected to the fire recollections?

Aimee
 
I was so surprised and pleased to get such quick replies, thank you

I have read with interest some of the other emails etc, and although still a little sceptical about my son, I have found this forum and the web site really enlightening, and am quite releived to have found it, no actually very !!!

Last night my son was talking about watching the twin towers being built, he said he watched it in black and white and it was the 70's and the TV was red it had lines on it, we think he is referring to the speakers on old TVs , he went on to describe police cars being blue and white and the fire engines being big with bells hanging down, he went onto to say he knows what the hotels were like the beds were really big. Everything he says looks old now to him., incidentally we live in the UK, .This time we had the camcorder handy and filmed him talking about it. He refused to discuss the fire so we didn't pursue it.

He keeps going on about a town called Colwyn Itis, (Kol win eye tis ) he draws pictures of this town all the time tells everyone and anyone about this place, but we are not convinced that it has a connection with a past life, but then maybe it is , it could sound similar to a place and he is pronouncing it wrong. It is like a riddle we try to work out what he means, we thought possible he is talking about the USA, when he mentioned the vehicles and the beds (kingsize), and may be this town is just in his head or does he mean Koni Island (sorry dont know how to spell it)sounds a bit similar.
But once again thank you for your replies
 
Hi There Jyn

Thank you so much for sharing your son's memories here. I'm glad you've found the forum so helpful, I know there is not a lot of information readily available on the subject unless one chooses to search for themselves (as you have)...your son is a lucky little boy :)

You do know of Colwyn Bay in Wales??? My partner comes from Merseyside and used to have a caravan as a kid in Colwyn Bay, so the name jumped straight out at me. (There are a LOT of hotels and bed and breakfasts in Colwyn Bay, I believe it is a coastal holiday town).

Fire engines DID have bells fully visible around the 60-70's era, (in keeping with the older designs) so he is perfectly correct with this observation. An example can be seen here or here.

As to police cars, they were light blue and white during the 60's and 70's ("Z-Cars" style for example, or even in the "Heartbeat" programme now, they were black before that as far as I'm aware). There's an example of an old panda car here

I also thought the following information might be interesting to you...
The World Trade Centre, also known as the "Twin Towers," was built as a result of a massive urban renewal project sponsored by the Port Authority of New York. Building begun in 1966 and was completed 4 years later in 1970, the 16-acre site was the centre of international trade and commerce.
That said, there have been many "twin towers" built all across the world (such as the twin towers in Wembley's old stadium site for example), but I guess the World Trade Centre is the most obvious and it's date fits in perfectly.

A few questions...When he does talk about perishing in the house fire, does he give any indication of his age??? I'm going to do a little more searching and see whether I can find anything else that matches what you've shared here...but I hope the above helps a little ;)
 
Great post and so detailled,
although I hope your son just talk about it
and that all these memories don't bother him too much.

I also have the impression that he talks about America,
about New York or Chicago.
Police cars, sirens, big red fire engines, Hill Street Blues :)

Let us at least find some pictures of old tv's and police cars.
And that mysterious town Colwyn Itis,
perhaps it's a tiny little suburb somewhere.

Btw, did he said "the 70's" or is this what you think?

I'm gonna ask Google anyway.

Curious Girl.
 
A lot of American towns have British names (I think there are about four Birmingham's for example), so it's certainly possible that Colwyn is a town both over here in Wales and in America :)
 
Twin towers

The towers in New York were finished in 1970, and it was on the TV news. A red TV with "lines" could mean several things.

When older TV's started to develop power supply problems, white horizontal lines would sometimes appear, especially near the top or bottom of the picture. Also some of the older sets from the 50's (still quite common in 1970) had textured designs in the metal outside of the set, or as designs on the speaker grille.

The fire engines and blue/white police cars do seem consistent with many parts of the U.S. at that time, and perhaps the U.K. as well.

I cannot identify the town from the description you gave, but it could be a mis-prounounced version of many possible names.

...Rod
 
Back
Top