RedSky
RedSophia
Celia was living around the 1960's. She lived in a place with lots of sun, and her favorite activities were walking and singing along to the radio.
Celia was tall and thin with light blonde,wavy hair that was cropped short.
She had non-verbal autism and lived with her grandmother before moving in with her cousin. He was a short, fat man who was not very attractive and wore a lot of brown suits. His apartment was also brown and he was amazed when one day I said
"Everything is brown."
He then proceeded to fill my room with color-bright shades of orange, yellow, greens, pinks and a little blue and purple.
When I heard the colors making sounds similar to that of someone banging on piano keys, I said "move the colors". (I could hear colors).
I then proceeded to move the colors into certain categories that made a song that I began to sing to. He stood in my doorway, perplexed at my behavior but still interested, nonetheless. He was glad I had said something.
My cousin had a girlfriend that I had always felt held something against him. It was the sort of thing were you could tell the woman was mad at the man but not for any wrong doing on his part. I believe they were engaged and had a baby but it died. When she found out that he had taken me in, she was betrayed emotionally because it appeared that I was his new "baby" or distraction from their pain and at first it made her distant, but then she too began to love me.
We were like a family and would go to the park together. I liked her a lot, more than most people.
My cousin and I ate a lot of pork and broccoli. It was his favorite meal. I did not really have food preferences. He was a sort of depressed man, going to work every day at the same time, and coming home only to sit in front of his tv.
One evening, I saw him filled with light in front of his tv.
I went to sit down across from him to watch. I had never seen him so happy. He was becoming the light. I must have stared for quite some time because he laughed and said "what are you looking at, Celia?"
I could not explain: I saw people as light beings. Some were dim and some became the light.
There was this gold cat that used to come around the first floor of our apartment-we lived on the second.
I would sit there on the bottom of the stairwell and pet it.
I did not think like other people and did not understand gender. I would see males and females together and wonder why they were so broken that one would need the other. I was more androgynous. I never once wanted to be attractive or do other things that women did, like dress pretty. I wore the same white t-shirt and loose-fitting light blue jeans and white tennis shoes every day.
One day I realized that my cousin thought his fiance was pretty.
I went to my bedroom mirror and stared at myself for a long, long time. Why did I not have these instincts? Did he think I was pretty?
I did not care that I had no mate, only that I could analyze it. That was when I first realized I was different and I was in my late teens or 20's.
I do not know how I died.
Celia was tall and thin with light blonde,wavy hair that was cropped short.
She had non-verbal autism and lived with her grandmother before moving in with her cousin. He was a short, fat man who was not very attractive and wore a lot of brown suits. His apartment was also brown and he was amazed when one day I said
"Everything is brown."
He then proceeded to fill my room with color-bright shades of orange, yellow, greens, pinks and a little blue and purple.
When I heard the colors making sounds similar to that of someone banging on piano keys, I said "move the colors". (I could hear colors).
I then proceeded to move the colors into certain categories that made a song that I began to sing to. He stood in my doorway, perplexed at my behavior but still interested, nonetheless. He was glad I had said something.
My cousin had a girlfriend that I had always felt held something against him. It was the sort of thing were you could tell the woman was mad at the man but not for any wrong doing on his part. I believe they were engaged and had a baby but it died. When she found out that he had taken me in, she was betrayed emotionally because it appeared that I was his new "baby" or distraction from their pain and at first it made her distant, but then she too began to love me.
We were like a family and would go to the park together. I liked her a lot, more than most people.
My cousin and I ate a lot of pork and broccoli. It was his favorite meal. I did not really have food preferences. He was a sort of depressed man, going to work every day at the same time, and coming home only to sit in front of his tv.
One evening, I saw him filled with light in front of his tv.
I went to sit down across from him to watch. I had never seen him so happy. He was becoming the light. I must have stared for quite some time because he laughed and said "what are you looking at, Celia?"
I could not explain: I saw people as light beings. Some were dim and some became the light.
There was this gold cat that used to come around the first floor of our apartment-we lived on the second.
I would sit there on the bottom of the stairwell and pet it.
I did not think like other people and did not understand gender. I would see males and females together and wonder why they were so broken that one would need the other. I was more androgynous. I never once wanted to be attractive or do other things that women did, like dress pretty. I wore the same white t-shirt and loose-fitting light blue jeans and white tennis shoes every day.
One day I realized that my cousin thought his fiance was pretty.
I went to my bedroom mirror and stared at myself for a long, long time. Why did I not have these instincts? Did he think I was pretty?
I did not care that I had no mate, only that I could analyze it. That was when I first realized I was different and I was in my late teens or 20's.
I do not know how I died.