• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

my past life regression

I had written a little bit of my first memory from my past life regression as background to my two son's past life memories. I'll talk about it in more detail here.

Ever since I can remember I have felt a sense of loss and sadness over shadowing my every day life. I have been told on numerous occasions that even when I am smiling brightly and laughing I have a sense of sadness. Nothing particularly sad has happened in this life that would cause this. I am very thankful for all that I have. I've always had a sense of distance or coldness from others (besides my husband and children and a few select friends) or that something doesn't quite fit or that I must've done something in a past life that I need to "pay for" in this life.

When I was in my early 20's a good friend (at the time) and I decided to do past life regressions. I went back easily and my first "memory" was looking down at myself as a 7 year old girl named Louisa. I was wearing a floral dress typical of the turn of the 20th century for a little girl. I don't know the exact year. I had bare feet and I was wiggling my toes in the mud, which I knew was improper but was doing it anyway. I remembered the feeling of love and peace and security. I looked up at my family home and saw that I was in a wooded area. I began hearing the frantic sound of my father calling my name over an over like he was trying to find me. I could hear other men as well who I knew were family members and neighbours. I wasn't scared but I didn't answer back because I felt like I was going to get into trouble for playing in the mud.

I went forward to what felt and looked like the early 1940s. I was in my mid 30's. I lived in or near Chicago. I was standing on the stoop of a brownstone looking at first at the cars across the street which looked exactly like you would expect in that era. I looked up and down the street which curved gradually to the left. I remember taking a deep breath and realizing just how amazingly clean the air smelled and how bright and clear everything looked. I looked down at myself and I was wearing a basic brown button down dress with sensible brown shoes in the style of the era again. I could even feel the coarseness of the dress. I then became distinctly aware of the absolute feeling of loss, devastation and utter despair and emptiness. It felt like I had the weight of an ocean pressing down on me and I couldn't breath. It was awful! My friend said that as I was describing this to her I had tears coming down the sides of my face but she didn't think it was right to wake me up with that so fresh. I knew that my husband in that life, who was my soul mate, had decided to join the airforce to fight in World War II. I was so upset that he had done this as we had three small children (2 boys and a girl). I felt like he abandoned us. I remember knowing that I had recently been told he had been killed in action. I felt like an empty shell just going through the motions of life. When I had taken that deep breath on the stoop I remember thinking to myself put on a smile and get through the day. I was on my way to work.

I went ahead to my death and I was laying on a hospital bed. It was 1964. I could see my three children (and a couple grandchildren but that is fleeting). I looked at all three (the two older ones were boys and the youngest was a girl) and they were looking at me with such coldness, like one would look at a stranger and I remember realizing in that moment that I had been overcome with grief that not only did my children lose their beloved father at a young age but they lost their mother too. As I actually died I remember the sadness I felt at what I had realized too late. I then remember standing on my grave reading my headstone. I read Louisa Billingsley and the year I died but not the year I was born. I then remember a sense of energy coming up from my grave and me willing myself to go up to get away from it. I was floating over my grave and then had a sense of being pulled up really fast.

About a month later I had a very vivid dream that I was standing in a public or work washroom that looked like it was from the 1930's. I felt the coldness and dampness and could hear people around me. I was holding a typed letter in courier type on what looked like a U.S. military letterhead. I felt like I had just read that my husband had been killed in action and I had gone into the washroom as to not make a scene and to have privacy. I remember my knees buckling and not being able to breath. I seemed to have blacked out and then I woke up. I sat up in bed on the verge of tears and shaking and I had to remind myself over and over that it was just a dream but I felt disorientated and not like I had just woken up. I don't know if it was just a dream or if I had brought out more memories of that time.

Incidentally, in this life I have 3 children. Two older boys and my youngest is a girl. I tell my kids that love them all the time (my oldest rolls his eyes and says we know we know) and I am very affectionate and maybe too soft with them. I feel like I need to make up for something or pay atonement if that makes sense. Maybe the fact I emotionally abandoned my children in my past life is what I have to make up for and learn from in this life. Hence the feeling of loss and sadness in this life (but not to the extreme of my last life).

I know without a doubt that I have had past lives with each of my children as well as my husband (who is my soul mate) and two childhood friends who I've known since I was 4 and 6 years old. My friend who did the regression with me was another that I know I have had many past lives with but am unfortunately no longer in touch with. We met in Grade 11 and as soon as she walked in the classroom door I knew I knew her. There was a familiarity. That we both felt. We were best friends for many years from that day.

I feel like the negativity from my last life still has a hold on me now. Any suggestions on how to release it or is this my lesson to learn and carry with me?
 
Your memories are very compelling. I have to ask - have you ever gone on ancestry.com to see what you can find out about Louisa Billingsly? It should be easy, because records exist for people in that time. That may not be a type of confirmation that you seek, but I would be happy to look, and see what I can find. I could PM you if I find anything.
 
Thank you BriarRose. I did a search on the internet on the name back when it happened (about 11 or 12 years ago). I am not very good at researching things like this so if you have the time you may be more lucky than I was in finding something. I think it would be kind of exciting to find some sort of confirmation and not that I've made a big deal out of a dream or two (although deep down I know these were not dreams). Please feel free to PM me with any type of findings (or not). Thank you :)
 
The census records have been opened up to 1940. Because you were born before then you should be able to find the name. It will also tell the parents names and location. If your husband then had not volunteered for the Air Corps he likely would not have been drafted. I worked with a guy in the 1970's who was born in 1910. He married in the late 30's and had a child before the war started. He told me the men who were being drafted were single and younger than age 30. Men older than 30 who had prior military service, such as in the 1930's, would also be called back to duty. The death notice you received was probably a telegram and not a letter. Many people in those days did not have telephones so telegrams were sent. Most people got upset when they saw the Western Union telegram person, usually a man or teenage boy, coming to the door. They knew what it meant.
 
In the Korean War era my Dad signed up before he could be drafted. Perhaps he thought he would get caught in the draft and wanted to choose which branch he served in?
 
I did a little research, 3butterflies, and found a few possibilities. The trouble I'm having is connecting Louisa with her husband's service record. Was Billingsley her married name? Is it possible that she married again after her husband's death? I'm thinking that's what may happened. The second marriage, if it existed, may not have been a success. Are you aware that the Air Force didn't exist as a separate branch of the military, until after WWII? It was called the Army Air Corps. I'm sure Louisa is in the records - we just have a puzzle piece missing. That's usually true in my own research - I think, "Now why did I do that!" :laugh:
 
BriarRose - This is why I would love to do another regression and try to get more information from this lifetime. I don't know if Billingsley was a married or maiden name and I don't remember feeling like I was married again but my regression points besides childhood were right after his death and at Louisa`s own death so the grief seemed very new. I've often thought about whether Billingsley was in fact Louisa`s married name since "Louisa Billingsley" came to mind at the start of my regression when I was remembering being a 7 year old girl. When the name came to mind there was a sense of family pride. Although I did see my first and last name as the same on my gravestone. I can't say I know for sure at this point. You may be right about the second marriage and it not working (considering the immense grief) but I can't say for sure. I've also wondered since my memory was of standing on the stoop of a brownstone and looking around felt like the early 1940's if the year was indeed 1940 exactly or even 1939 then the U.S. would not have declared war yet. If I'm not mistaken the U.S. joined the war at the end of 1942 (please correct me if I am wrong). I wonder if it possible that he enlisted with another country if he believed in the cause so deeply. Especially since as argonne1918 pointed out he, being a married man over 30, would not have been drafted and would have had to volunteer. That would account for the feeling of him abandoning Louisa and the children. Regardless, I can't really say anything for sure without having another regression. I'll have to start looking for someone who does past life regressions in my area.


Just out of curiosity, did you find anyone with the last name Billingsley(ly) in the Army Air Corp who was killed in action in that time frame who was married to a Louisa or none at all? Whenever I think of his of the regression and his death I think of England. Or maybe it was Louisa who was from England originally. I don't know for sure if it is because that was were he was sent or that is who he enlisted with or if that is just me adding my own thoughts.


I was not aware that the Air Force was not a separate branch of the military until after WWII. I was born and raised in Canada so I don't know that much detail in that regard and high school history was awhile ago :) . I have learned a lot more about the U.S. since meeting my husband though :) .


Thank you for doing some research for me. Please keep me posted if you find more. If I remember anything else from the regression or have another regression done (which I would love to do) I will let you know.
 
I found lots of military Billingsleys out of the Chicago area, but they were all single.However, men sometimes went to other states to enlist. I found two Billingsleys who were Army Air Corps, killed in action. One was in France, and highly decorated. I got really excited, but they were again, both single. Well, of course we know the government never makes mistakes in the records! :laugh: There was a Helen Louisa Billingsley born in Illinois at the right time. I really thought that might be you, as so many people then were called by their middle names. I suspect that Billingsley was your maiden name. I think you actually got a lot of information from your regression. Maybe you could try a self-regression? Many of us do them, and get good results. You are obviously a good subject.
 
I think Billingsley is your maiden name because it came to you at the beginning, when you saw yourself as a child.


Check into facebook groups. I have had great success joining them lately. You might find out more about the Air Force there.


Good luck and please keep posting. I find your tale fascinating.
 
Back
Top