• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

My son and his "other mother"

Sandie

New Member
Good Morning,

I am so thankful to have found this forum.
My 5 year old son has been telling us stories of his "other family" since he was about 3 years old. I never really thought of it as anything more than just his imagination, and figured it would stop one day. But it hasn't stopped, only gotten more descriptive. I really wish that I had paid attention more closely to all of his stories, but I didn't realize what he was telling me.
Recently, though, I started paying attention.
He talks mostly about his "other mother". He has told me her name, but I can't remember it now. He actually has described her to me very vividly, I am so sorry I didn't pay close attention. One day recently, I asked him about his "other father" and he told me that he was in a car accident. I asked him if he was in the car with his father, and he said no, that he was in another car behind his dad when he crashed. He rarely talks about his "other father". It seems to me that his "other family" was very much involved with cars, because Christopher has a very extensive knowledge about the different cars. He can pretty much name any car that goes by, the make and model, and has been able to do that since he was about 4 years old. He LOVES cars and everything about them. His father now is a mechanic and I always thought that was why he had that interest, but now I'm thinking that there is more involved.
Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and to get more information so that I can really start listening to Christopher when he talks about his "other mother", and even ask some questions.

Sandie
 
Hi there Sandie and welcome to the forum :)

Please do not feel bad or wish you had done things differently for your son at the time when he first started voicing these comments - a lot (in fact nearly ALL) parents in your very same position would do exactly the same thing if their children started spurting information up that did not seem connected to their child’s present life and experience, it is only natural for anyone to think that it is the child’s imagination. Unless you have been opened to the possibility beforehand, why would you think anything else of it???

And no matter what you think or feel, you cannot change what you did in the past anyway, so instead work on the present ;) You have already done the best thing you can do by researching and looking up information to help your son (a step a lot of other parents may never get to take).

There are quite a few threads in our FAQ section that I think you would find particularly interesting in regards to your son and his experiences, so I have bought them up here for you, so that all you need to do is click through to read them, rather than search all through yourself :)

How can you tell the difference between a child's fantasy and a true past life?
How do I talk with my child when she talks about her Past Life?

It might be a good idea now to start journaling whatever your son brings up from this point, so you have your own little reference library and can slowly put the pieces together for yourself. Also, jot down anything that you remember from the things he has said in the past and just let what comes forward, come forward. If your son needs to voice or express any of these things, he will do so and the best thing you can do for him, is let him know you believe in him and are there to listen whenever.

Hope you find the threads I have pulled up helpful, they have a lot more information and thoughts on ways to approach your son in the future in the area of past life memories. Most of all though, there are many threads from mothers like yourself that fill this section of the forum, that I’m sure you will find a good read also and may even work to spark your memory into other things that you have since forgot about yourself. Thank you for sharing your story here, I look forward to hearing more in the future ;)
 
Thank you, Kelly, for responding.
I was so excited yesterday about finding this information, that when I was on my way taking my children to school, Christopher said something about having a particular movie at his "other house", I asked him about it. He said that it was invisible (both the house and the movie). Then he started to tell me things that he had never said before, and his sister put her own little information which he agreed with. So, from that, I'm thinking that it wasn't the right time to talk about it, he clearly was making things up, and even admitted to telling me a big story. The information in the links you gave me helped me to realize that, in this situation, it was fantasy. I don't think it is fantasy at other times though, he is just too young to sort it out. His sister wasn't helping much either because, although they are twins, Alison doesn't speak of her "other family" anymore at all, she stopped that about a year ago. It seems from what I can remember, that they were not in the same immediate family, they had different experiences, different descriptions of their "other mothers and siblings".
Christopher doesn't speak at all about how he could have possibly died previously. He said something yesterday about his "other mother" getting in a car accident, just like he had said before about his "other father". I asked him if he was with her and he said no.
One time, though, he came to me, out of the blue, and very upset and said, "Mom, I don't want to die". I just comforted him at the time because I had no idea why he would say that, and still don't know why.
Maybe he was remembering something, I really don't know.
I will be paying attention and writing things down that both of them say. Who knows, Alison may still be remembering things and I'm not catching it. She seems to be very in tune with everything, she knows things that I have no idea how in the world she could know it. She has wisdom WAY beyond her 5 years here.

Sandie
 
Hi Sandie

Well I’m so glad the links helped. Because children can so easily make stories up on the spot due to their wonderful imaginations, it’s easy to understand why some parents can easily overlook the difference between these stories and real past life memories – you can obviously define between the two though, so wonderful :)

When children are making things up from their imagination, their eyes often roll around and they may pause and accentuate words a lot more as if telling a tale almost. Memories are told so matter of fact though and that is often what is so shocking to the parents, the way they just spurt forth the information, sometimes without even looking up from what they are doing…no pause - nothing ;)

Sounds like you are about to open your mind to an adventure or two with both Alison and Christopher, I wish you luck and hope you keep us up to date…
 
Back
Top