• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

My son possibly reincarnation of my father?

dhaworth

Member
Hi everyone,

My father died when I was four years old, almost five, the same age that my own son is right now. My son's birth was sort of a matter of chance in that we had two failed forms of birth control and I was young at the time that I concieved him. I decided to name my son "Haden" after my own father who had passed away. Last night, I was on the computer and my son and I were talking. I mentioned something about him not playing this game anymore at school called "the run me over game," in which kids were pretending to run eachother over. I told him not to play that anymore because he was getting in trouble. Then, in a matter of fact tone he said "I was run over.." I didn't think much about it but he just kept talking. He said "There are two Hadens, a little Haden and a daddy Haden and the daddy Haden was on an airplane and it crashed and he died." I was shocked.

I had never told my son he was named after my dad or that my dad had died in a plane crash. I asked my mom, my husband and my in laws if anyone had mentioned it to him and they all said no. In fact, my mother in law said three weeks ago he was playing with an airplane and said the same thing to her. She thought I had told him something, which of course I had not. Today I sort of asked him some more questions about it. I asked him if he was the daddy Haden and he said yes. I asked if he was alone on the plane when it crashed and he said "no, there was a girl, and some guys and they all died," which is true. Everyone on the airplane died. I asked him what time of year it was when the accident happened and he said it was very cold. My dad died in January of 1991 during a snow storm. He then proceeded to tell me that he was big once and now he's little again, and that he's going to grow up again. I asked him if he remembered anything from being big and he said "Yes, I loved you." and then he looked at my mom and said "I loved you too Granny, and when you left me, I was bad...and I cried." Which is so weird because my mom and my dad were seperating when he died.

This all came to a huge shock to me, as I'm agnostic bordering on athiest but it made me really wonder if there is life after death and if perhaps my son is my father reincarnated. What do you make of this? Is it a possibility and if so, how can I help him deal with the memories he seems to be having. When I asked him how he knew about all this he said "I just know." Is there a possibility he could be dealing with some trauma and unresolved issues from a past life or should I just leave it be and not push it? Thanks in advance for any replies!
 
Welcome to the forum,


Your sons expressions show all the signs of a child's past life memory. Please look into getting Carol's books. The second one - Return from Heaven is about same family reincarnation.


The first book -Children's Past Lives will be very educational for you and show you the history behind reincarnation and Carol's own journey.


Both books are listed here.


PLEASE - write down everything your son says - keep a journal. You would be surprised how quickly we forget. Even when we think we won't.


Also - if you feel you need help with your sons experiences - contact Carol directly or I can on your behalf. Just let me know.


Chapter one of her first book is here.
 
Thank you for sharing your story with us. As Deborah mentioned, I wrote a book about reincarnation in the same family, because it happens more often that we realize.


It is totally possible that Haden is your father reincarnated. He is at the age when these memories are still accessible. Something--perhaps the game at school--triggered his memory, and he felt the need to talk about it.


Since your father died traumatically, and left you as a young girl, and left your mother in the middle of the separation, Haden may be trying to express something that he couldn't as your father. Maybe he's trying to let you know why he has returned as your child, and wants some closure on his other life.


I usually suggest that you wait for the child to bring up the memory spontaneously, but it seems that your gentle probing is bringing up more of his memory, and he is willing to talk about it. Just continue what you're doing. Let him talk.


Also, I think it would be most helpful if you acknowledged to him that you are happy that he's back as your son. That might help him let go of the trauma of the plane crash and of having left you as a young child. It would also be helpful if your mother could acknowledge him, too. I know this may sound a little crazy, but children often carry unfinished business from previous lives into their present lives. In Haden's case, he may still be carrying some sadness and guilt about the separation. If your mother lets Haden know that she is happy that he's back, and that she loves him (and whatever else may be relevant to their former relationship--forgiveness?), I think Haden will be at peace.


I'm curious: What kind of relationship does Haden have with your mother? Did they have a close bond from the beginning? Any difficulties?


Please feel free to post any further questions on the Forum, or email me directly. You may have a very small window of time in which to help Haden process this memory. This is really a precious opportunity for all of you.


Carol
 
Thank you very much to Deborah and Carol,


I will be ordering your book soon or looking for it at my local book store. I am interested to see if this is indeed a past life recovery and how to deal with the situation. If it is so, I believe I know what triggered Haden's memories. When he was little, he and my mom were automatically close. He was also very very attached to me as a baby and still is to this day. Well, my mom helped move me and Haden back to New Orleans from Oklahoma shortly after Katrina (my son's father who is now my husband is from New Orleans).


When my mom left us in New Orleans, Haden cried for two days straight. After that, every time he saw her he would sort of act indifferent towards her. Then, I went on a study abroad trip to Belgium for college and Haden spent a month with my mom during which they bonded again. Of course, I had to bring him home, and again with the seperation came his resentment. For a while there he acted as if he didn't like my mom, he would tell her he didn't like her and he would hit her, and it sort of seemed weird to me because he said he loved her but would be mean to her.


Well, this past year my mom fell on hard times and lived with us for nearly 9 months. During that time Haden and my mom became incredibly close again. His resentment faded and he would tell her how much he loves her, they would play video games and generally they spent a lot of time together. Recently my mom had to go back to Oklahoma and Haden was very upset. He constantly told her on the phone he wanted her to come back, that he missed her. She was in town this weekend and he told her that he was really sad when she left and that he thought she loved him but she doesn't because she left him.


I think the inconsistency of my mom's presence in his life and the recent departure of her after so long has maybe triggered some past life feelings of resentment and abandonment in that my father and mother were seperating at the time of his death. It wasn't a mutual seperation either, my mother left my dad because he had a drug problem, it was after that that my dad acted out even more, even boarding a small airplane to go to Las Vegas in the middle of a snow storm (which killed him.)


Haden insists that he was on the plane and that the plane crash turned him little again. He seems to not remember anything else from that life other than his death and that he loved my mom and I. He's never mentioned any of this before, and it was sort of a shock...and of course, this mention of the airplane is sort of fleeting in that it only comes up every once and a while. Last night we told him we loved him and that we were happy he was here with us and that even though Granny had to go to Oklahoma for a while, she would be back and she wasn't leaving him forever.


We also opened up communication about my father, telling him what the "Daddy Haden" as he calls him was like. I've never told him about my father before because I think he had just assumed I didn't have one up until I told him the daddy haden on the airplane that he was referring to was my daddy. I still don't think he grasps that the daddy haden is my dad but that will come in time. I appreciate your help and will continue to research this and update if he says anything else about the subject! Thanks again!
 
"I think the inconsistency of my mom's presence in his life and the recent departure of her after so long has maybe triggered some past life feelings of resentment and abandonment in that my father and mother were seperating at the time of his death. It wasn't a mutual seperation either, my mother left my dad because he had a drug problem, it was after that that my dad acted out even more, even boarding a small airplane to go to Las Vegas in the middle of a snow storm (which killed him.)"
I think you hit the nail on the head with your observations (above). That would account for Haden's feelings towards your mother. It seems that he now knows that she will come back and will continue to love him.


Many children's memories are about the past life death, especially if the death was traumatic and there was "unfinished business". The soul can return to the same family if the pull is strong enough to finish what it couldn't before, make amends, or just be with the same loved ones again. There is a beautiful logic to all of this that is beyond our wildest imaginings.


Hopefully, because he is now talking about it, and has reassurance from your mother that she loves him, he can move forward in his life. The memory should begin to fade soon. (That's usually the case, but not always.) Sometimes past life issues resolve fairly quickly if they're addressed when they are coming up early in life, as Haden is now experiencing.


Please keep us posted.
 
Back
Top