• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

My son remembers drowning

Sebanna

I have an eight year old son, when he was three and a half, I had a very strange conversation with him and have been wondering if he could have been reincarnated. When he was a baby he was much harder to settle than his twin and had a massive phobia of water. One night I was putting him to bed when he said " I drowned", he then looked at me puzzled and asked "did I know that he had drowned?", I replied no, he then got into bed and looked up at me and said in a very serious tone " I got trapped under water and I couldn't get out" he then kept repeating these three statements " I drowned" " I died" "I went up to heaven" he said this as he was still a bit surprised by the sudden death. He then tried to tell me what had happened but unfortunately I can only remember him saying the place where he was suddenly filled up with water.
The next day I asked him " what was your name when you drowned?" Now at the time he had a bad stutter so struggled to answer saying " del del deleus" I was confused by his answer and said " deleus" he then looked at me and said "yes Delius Delavier". I had never heard of the name Delavier but it sounded like a surname so I googled the name with the term drowning. I got back an old newspaper article from 1893 called " sixteen dead in the ringolets" which reported how captain Delavier had drowned in new Orleans during a hurricane.
Now I find several points of this story really weird, one my son was very honest and factual and I don't ever remember him lying to me or making stories up. Two we live in the UK and Delavier is a French surname which according to my research doesn't appear to be in use in the UK, there only appears to be one currently living in the USA, there seemed to be five at the time when Delavier drowned. In France there is more (about 700) but as I don't speak French I cant research if anyone with that name drowned. Three my son had difficulty talking at three and struggled with some speech sounds such as v and l so why make up such a difficult name.

Hi, sounds like he has tragically died like that. From my understanding when death comes suddenly, unexpected, in a horrible way it can transcend in the next or future reincarnation/s. My child used to have a nighmare of drowning too, now only rare, think in cases studied it goes away with age, my own past life death experience about 6 or so. Our child has given us lots of indications, descriptions that she was a man before, but never a name or year or place. Take good care of your little one, hope it gets better with time.

Hi, me again. I have searched old newspapers myself from a life that I think ended in the 1920's, at some point I got some indication it was connected to New Orleans.

This page costs nothing, it is free from beginning to end, and you can chose to search all states or chose state, chose simple search or advanced. If you haven't already you could try it out? When I was searching for drowning accidents I found many, many.

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/

Best of luck!

I don't know how to best approach children about this if you were to find him or if to do that at all. I leave that to the experts?

/Jaimie

Last edited:
Back