• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

My story

Hello everyone! I admit that I haven't gotten the chance to read Carol's book but I was happy to find this forum when doing research on reincarnation late one night. :) I have been apart of past life groups before but none of them were as active as this one.

First of all I am a 26 year old Gemini that was born in the United States but had felt more at home in other countries. Since I was a child the thought of being male in a different lifetime often crosses my mind. There's even proof of me wearing boys clothing in our family photo album although I am born a female in this life.

A couple of years ago I went to see a professional who performed a past life regression on me. This was after I recorded a number of dreams about a certain musician from the 1960's. It was a sad experience yet it got more complicated later on. I continued to write more dreams, and synchronicities that I'd find out of the blue. But what left me baffled was a vision I had one night about this musician. It was around 3 am when I was meditating in my bedroom. I wanted to see if I was actually this person or not.

Soon enough he came to me with a message saying, "We are all apart of God, so you are apart of me and I am apart of you." This was a pleasant experience and it didn't feel like I imagined it, but why did this person show up in the regression? Was I tuning into him or was he tuning into me for a different reason?

On the other hand, music seems to be the theme in my dreams. I woke up a few times before hearing the sounds of a harpsichord, and other instruments from the Baroque/Classical period. Sometimes I think I could have been a composer but I'm not much of a musician in this life. Not good enough to make a living anyway.

Anywho, enough about me! I'd love to know more about you and your experiences.
 
Hi Indigo, welcome to the forum :)


Thanks for sharing your dreams/memories, you might find this thread to be useful: Past Life Dreams - Common Characteristics


When you had the past life regression, did you see anything that matched the life you see in your dreams? When you saw this man who you believe you may have been in the past, it could have been your subconscious speaking to you. I've seen my past life self from a third person perspective a few times before.


Are you planning to have any more regressions, or maybe have a go at doing it yourself? There are plenty of audio cd's to help you with this.


Hope you enjoy your time here, feel free to jump in with any of the discussions.


Chris :)
 
Thanks for the link! I went over the list and found a number of parallels to explain in each column. Yet I can't help but wonder is it possible for a spirit to posses your thoughts? When I had the regression it showed common scenes between his life and my dreams. It even felt like I was in *his* body living the moments until his death. I'm not sure if I want anymore regressions. I can't tell if it's actually me or someone I'm tapping into, you know?
 
Indigo said:
Yet I can't help but wonder is it possible for a spirit to posses your thoughts?
From what you've told us already, it sounds more likely that you were this person in your past life, and if that is the case, then his spirit and your spirit are one and the same, so his thoughts are your thoughts. It can be confusing, but consider that although this man may have contained your spirit when he was alive, he's not you now. So I can imagine how easy it would be to feel that you are 'possessed' by the spirit of another person. I don't think that is the issue here :)


Stick around, I'm sure others will come along and be able to give you a better answer :o
 
Hello Indigo...Welcome!


I think you are on the right track. Cautious optimism and a mindful soul! I think as you read each of the stories of people here, you will find many similarities and common factors. I was very much like you in the beginning. I too went for a regression after all of my circumstances pointed to a past life. I went back to two lives and each was so real and so powerful that I was convinced beyond a doubt.


In regard to being possessed by another spirit... I can't tell you anything for sure, but only what I believe. I don't think what you saw was some other entity. I think what you saw was an intimate reflection of your own soul in another time. It is certainly a difficult concept to grasp, but there-in lies the wonder of reincarnation. While in that other place it, IMO, was you...your soul, just in another vessel of skin and bone. What lessons or information did you come away with? I think that is the key to past life work. It is all a progression, a series of lives meant to teach.


Stay on your wide eyed journey... certainly the Godly beauty of it all will manifest itself in good ways.


Tinkerman
 
Indigo said:
But what left me baffled was a vision I had one night about this musician. It was around 3 am when I was meditating in my bedroom. I wanted to see if I was actually this person or not.Soon enough he came to me with a message saying, "We are all apart of God, so you are apart of me and I am apart of you." This was a pleasant experience and it didn't feel like I imagined it, but why did this person show up in the regression?
Hi Indigo, glad to see you here!


Could you tell more about this particular vision? I think the message you got was from one of your guides or an angel and you can receive that in meditation. Maybe you even asked for it, consciously or unconsciously.


The message is positive, it was a pleasant one, so you shouldn't at all be afraid that someone/something is tapping into your mind because then it wouldn't be pleasant nor positive. Maybe these guides are helping you to show fragments of your past life? Be sure if they do that's for a good reason. If not, then it can do no harm and then you're probably mixing up somewhat the memories of a past life and the guiding messages of guides/angels.


Hope this helps
 
Indigo said:
Thanks for the link! I went over the list and found a number of parallels to explain in each column. Yet I can't help but wonder is it possible for a spirit to posses your thoughts? When I had the regression it showed common scenes between his life and my dreams. It even felt like I was in *his* body living the moments until his death. I'm not sure if I want anymore regressions. I can't tell if it's actually me or someone I'm tapping into, you know?
Hi Indigo! And, welcome to the Forum. As Chris said, you may have been the man that you sensed that evening, and his voice could have been his. You are you, now. And, as you suspected, I would guess the message is what's important here.


Let me suggest that you read the link that Chris offered, so that you can establish the most likely features of Past Life memories. When I first came here last year, I was a very wary and skeptical believer in reincarnation. But, when I read the many different threads on this Forum, I actually discovered more about my own past lives. In other words, I discovered that I already had memories that I had dismissed many times throughout my life. It's all there, just under the surface.


I'm sure you'll find inspiration, friends, and discovery here, especially if you continue to interact. Have fun!


-Nightrain
 
Welcome to the forum Indigo.


I have a few questions. When you did the regression were the emotions yours? Or were you viewing from a 3rd persons perspective? Did you ever look down to see your body? What kind of questions did the regressionist ask? I am curious. ;)


I look forward to hear more about your experiences.
 
I felt the emotions, yes. The first thing I remember seeing when I looked down at my feet were two black boots and a pinstriped suit. This was the mod style back in 1960's London. When I played back the regression I noticed she would ask me questions in that persons life. Like she would address me as that male musician instead of my name in this life. The doctor didn't know too much about the musician so she asked standard questions for me to answer.
 
Indigo said:
There's even proof of me wearing boys clothing in our family photo album although I am born a female in this life.
CLIP


...I continued to write more dreams, and synchronicities that I'd find out of the blue.
Hi again Indigo! In your first post you mentioned that there was proof of you wearing boy's clothing in your family's photo album, which confused me a bit. Is the photo of previous generations of your family? Or, are you just saying that you wore boy's clothing when you were posing for a current life family photo?


You also mentioned "synchronicities" that you experienced. Could you elaborate on that a little bit? It sounds very interesting.


-Nightrain
 
Hi, Indigo! I love your screen name ;)


I too was a lot like you when I first started having memories of past lives. It frightened me, because the unknown frightens everyone, and because this stuff can make you feel like you're going crazy! But, trust me, there's nothing to worry about.


Anyway, it sounds like the life you're remembering is a positive one, so that's good. The first past life memories I had were not very pleasant at all, so much that my mother took me to a past life therapist when I was 15, which only further traumatized me, confirming that these bad things did happen. But, eventually, I got a hold of myself and now some memories still bother me, but not as much as in the beginning. So, it only gets easier from here.


Have you considered the possibility that this musician could have been someone you knew in that life? Just throwing that out there...


If he was in fact you, I have a quick story that may help. A few years ago, I started having these visions of a woman in a white night gown, the front of it covered in blood. When I would see her I would get such a feeling of sadness and sickness. I figured she was a ghost because she was so creepy. She really frightened me. And every time I would see her, I would start coughing. It took a while, but I eventually found out that she was actually me in a past life. I died of tuberculosis. It was just the only way to get through to me with that one I guess... So, maybe you were him and you are just having a similar experience?


Welcome ;)


<3
 
Back
Top