• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

My two year old's strange memories

Faygel

New Member
:confused:

Hi, I am new to the forum and this is my first post. Just wanted to share something strange and wondered if I was the only one to have heard anything like this. When my daughter was two, we moved house and I was trying to take her back in memory, and kept asking, 'where were you before that'. She told me in the end that she was in mummy's tummy. I then said 'and where were you before that?' not expecting an answer, and she said without thinking: 'I was in a river'. Strange thing is I had recorded the conversation and had forgotten all about it til I heard the tape again recently. I was amazed. For her it was a very clear memory.
 
Hi Faygel,

Welcome to the forum. :) It's quite common for children that age to say things that indicate a past life. I think most parents aren't aware of what they're hearing, so good for you for taking notice. ;)

Has your daughter said anything else that could be past life related? Has she ever expressed a fear of water, since mentioning she was "in a river?"

I would definitely recommend reading Carol Bowman's book "Children's Past Lives." You can read chapter one [thread=9831]here[/thread]

Enjoy the forum and please keep us posted!

Ailish
 
thanks for the reply Ailish. No she has no apparent fear of water, but I read something somewhere about children about to be born jumping into a river and wondered if it was a pre birth memory? :eek:
 
Hi Faygel,
It might even be a past life memory. I wasn't clear from your post, is she still two years old?
My son started talking about a past life when he was five. It seems like the best thing to do was to just listen and let him bring it up. I also try not to ask too many questions during the time that he is talking about a past life because for some reason, he doesn't want to answer questions. Talking about it seems almost cathartic to him and when he is done talking, there is no more to say.
Good luck to you.
Vicky
 
thanks Vicky. No, she is now 28, with two children of her own! But the tape survived and I was listening to it (nostalgia) and was quite taken aback to hear it. I think at the time I hadn't taken any notice, but now I am more aware of these things.:rolleyes:
 
Back
Top