• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

My very very old mom he said

Belle

New Member
Hello, my names Belinda or Belle for short
I have a 3 year old son who has been sharing the same kind of stories with my husband and for the last year now. It started out one night we were all sitting around the tv and he said I had kids once, lots of kids 3 girls and a boy. And I had a truck. He went on discussing about how he and his kids drove in the truck and it was so much fun. Then from then on out he talked every once in a while about his children. My husband and I didn't know what to do so we would say " what children" we would joke,your making mommy and daddy so old.
Well as the months went on conversation would come up everyon in a while about him being a grown man once. He says " when I was a grown man I did this"
And from there th conversation and went to his Parents his very old old old parents, and him walking home all by himself.
These have been normal conversation that have been happening. It wasn't until last night when my husband made a reference to Recarnation and our 3 year old that I decided to look up stuff expect ally after he told me that his old old old mother made him eat things and she was crazy, and that he never listen to her but he would listen to me because he loved me. I'm just Intrested now what should I do and how do you cope and help with this
 
Welcome to the forum. :) It's not unusual for children between ages 2-8 to talk about their past life memories. Start keeping a journal and write everything down. After awhile he will forget. You can ask him open-ended questions like "Do you remember your name? or "Do you remember your kids' names?" Best times to ask are when he is sleepy or riding in a car. Maybe while he is watching TV is another good time. They have to be in the right mental state or they won't know what you are talking about. Have you read any books about reincarnation? Carol Bowman has written two: "Children's Past Lives" and "Return From Heaven". Her own children talked about their past life memories. Another good book is "Soul Survivor" by Andrea and Bruce Leninger. Their son is the one who remembered being a WWII fighter pilot. Carol Bowman is the one who advised them when their son started having nightmares at age 3. There has also been a TV program about children who remember past lives. Years ago parents thought their kids were just imagining or making up fantasy stories. But thanks to the internet you can research what they are saying and it often turns out to be true.
 
Hi Belle


Welcome to the forum.


This happens much more than you might think. It is not so uncommon for young children to remember past lives and to talk about it. But, often parents don't understand and assume the children are making up stories.


It is nothing to worry about and the best thing to do is just to listen to him. Just let him talk about it when he feels like it. Just say 'uh huh' 'oh yes, then what happened' etc. without making a big deal out of it. It doesn't sound as though he's remembering anything particularly traumatic, so that's a good thing.


Little kids will be more likely to talk about these things when they're feeling a bit sleepy, like at bed time or when they are riding in the back of the car. Sometimes they will act things out when playing with their toys or drawing. Make a note of what he says in a journal. He may be very interested to find out more about it when he's older. Children often start to forget by about age 6 or 7, when they go to school.


Have a look at the first chapter of Carol Bowman's book here. You may find it interesting. Chapter One


Feel free to ask as many questions as you like. People here are very friendly and helpful.
 
My very old old dad part 2


Hello again, I am very thankful for all the replies I have gotten back and defiantly the warm welcoming on the forum. This topic cannot be easy to talk about, just because of so many peoples opinions ont he issue. So just starting to talk about it I e felt a little crazy. It's become awesome though through all of my research and findings that I am becomming to realize this is really a normal thing. Which strikes so many questions in my mind. Obviously.


Tonight, I hope you all don't mind me using this as a journal sort of day, at least for now until I get use to the topic.


Liam and my husband tonight we're sitting to play their normal 'bro time' kind of thing. And Liam brings up more conversation. This time in terms of his "Old, Old, Old Father."


Liam: Dad remember when you took me to my Old Old Fathers house and you dropped me off?"


Daniel: " Liam what do you mean Old father, I'm your only dad."


"Liam, No dad your not, I have a Old Old dad and he died"


So I over heard the conversation, as I walked out of my bathroom, I started asking the questions?


" Liam what happen to your really really old dad?


"Liam, he died, I don't know why he had to go, my father he just died. "


Me: Liam does that make you sad."


Liam put his head down.


Liam: yes.


Me what was his name Bubby of your dad.


Liam: Jim James.


So we have a name, I'm not for sure now if it was imagination especially since he has a vivid one. Or if this could really be a step further.
 
Now you have another piece of the puzzle. He'll probably be telling you more details as they bubble up in his memory. A name like Jim James sounds European or at least western. It's also possible it could be a case of same family reincarnation. Grandparent, great grandparent, aunt or uncle, etc.
 
Feel free to jot things down here, in this thread. I've done that, and it helps, when you look back on it later. You would be amazed at how quickly you can forget some of these unusual moments ever happened.
 
Back
Top