• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

old photographs

stardis

Member
I like to look at old photographs to try and imagine what life may have been like for people in the past. I have run across a couple of sets of photos that may be of interest to others. Maybe something in these will trigger a memory long forgotten.

The first set is early Russia.

The next set is early US.
 
Absolutely amazing photographs! I've only seen the Russian ones now, but I am absolutely amazed -- I don't think I ever seen colour photos this old. You quite forget and think that they're from the 70's or 80's, but then they're from the beginning of the 20th century. Amazing.
 
Wow! Thanks for posting and how I Love these old photos! I really liked the ones taken in Old Montana. Soooo Cool!
 
I watched the russian photo's, and they are so beautiful. Thank you for posting them !
 
Nice idea! Just a question though - how does one know if a picture touches them because it's memory related or if it's because it's sad? I'm not being cynical, just wondering. :)


If nothing else, these photos are fascinating. Even if they're not PL related, it does make one wonder who these people were and what happened to them.
 
Hiya Lookingbackwards,


I know it's not a very objective answer, but at least for me I just 'know'. However, obviously you shouldn't think that each time a photo/painting/etc. moves you, it's past life related, but at least for me it's a different feeling, a deeper one. It's more a feeling of deja vu rather than a feeling of sadness.
 
Back
Top