• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Past Life Dream? - New Member

CarolLynn

New Member
Hello all. I am new here - I have been reading the board for a while but this is my first post. I have been open-minded about reincarnation for a long time - not fully believing it, but not disbelieving it either. But I had never given it much thought or spent any time researching it until fairly recently, after my son asked me if I remembered when he was big and he was my father. Unfortunately, so many things were going on in the house when he said that, that there wasn't a chance to talk further about it. Since then, I have had a couple of dreams that were quite different than my normal dreams, and I wanted to describe one here and see if you all think that it might be past life related.

I normally don't remember my dreams, but this one has stuck with me. I think about it often. I didn't see myself or anyone else in the dream. I am standing in a green, grassy field and in the distance is a line of trees. I know that I am a fairly young, married, Native American woman. I hear a female voice to the right of me, as if someone is standing there. She says "He is going to kill you because of what your family did."

Upon hearing this, at first I am shocked and a little scared, but that doesn't last long and gives way to more of a feeling of "yes, that's right, now what can we do to change it." The "he" that the voice talked about I feel is my husband. Suddenly a large white book appears in front of me and I open it. In the book is information on all of the families that are in the community I am a part of. It shows family surnames and how the families are interrelated. I couldn't read any of the names clearly in my dream, just parts of names. I remember thinking as I open the book that I don't want to be killed, so let's find another woman for him to marry instead of me whose family he is not ashamed of. But as I start turning the pages, it becomes less about finding him another wife, and more about finding out what it is that my family has done, because I have no idea. Right as the dream ended, I found my family group, but then I woke up.

What do you all think of this? Is this just some crazy dream I had or is there an element of past life memory to it?
 
Hi CarolLynn and welcome :)


Thank you for sharing your dream. It could possibly be a past life dream, but by the end of the day only you can judge it Past life dreams - common characteristics :)


I'm curious if you have had any other experiences that could relate to the dream? Do you feel strongly connected to the Native Americans, perhaps a particular tribe or area?


:)
 
Hello CarolLynn, and welcome to the forum. :)


I'm glad you found us, and it's very interesting your son seems to have (had) past life memories, too. :thumbsup:


I found your dream fascinating, and although only you can say if it's a PL dream or not, I know I would consider it PL related, if I had had it. ;)


There's possibly and probably symbolism there, too, but do you yourself think it's likely you've had a Native American past life? Does the thought seem "right"?


I hope you enjoy the forum, and I'd be curious to hear about your other "different" dreams. :)


Karoliina
 
Hi CarolLynn, welcome :)


Thanks for sharing your dream, and like Sunniva said, only you can really know if it was a past life experience, but the link she provided is a good one to help you find out what the signs are.


I've read about a few cases where the child remembering a past life can also start triggering memories for the mother as well. If you do much reading then I can recommend Carol's book: Return From Heaven: Beloved Relatives Reincarnated Within Your Family and from that you'll see that it's not so unusual if your son was your father in his past life ;)


I hope you enjoy the forum, and please keep us updated if there are any developments between you and your son.


Chris :)
 
Welcome CarolLynn.

CarolLynn said:
What do you all think of this? Is this just some crazy dream I had or is there an element of past life memory to it?
I think that you can mix past life memories with dream elements that are meant to guide you in your spiritual growth in this lifetime. In my opinion, the human being dreams and the soul provides meaning and context to the dream.
 
Thank you all for your replies and welcomes.

I'm curious if you have had any other experiences that could relate to the dream? Do you feel strongly connected to the Native Americans, perhaps a particular tribe or area?
I have had one other experience relating to the dream. I was at a park and saw a blue jay feather on the ground and had an image pop into my head of sitting with a group of women sewing feathers on clothing. Then I was walking through the village wearing the clothing. I do feel a connection to the Native Americans. I keep thinking the location in the dream was Virginia, although there was nothing in the dream to indicate that. The Native American place names in that area do seem familiar to me in some way, and the partial names that I saw in the dream reminded me of those names.

There's possibly and probably symbolism there, too, but do you yourself think it's likely you've had a Native American past life? Does the thought seem "right"?
It does seem "right" to have had a Native American past life. I have always been interested in Native American history and culture. When I was a child, I used to sometimes pretend to be Native American.
 
Back
Top