I believe I've seen this dream twice, and it may be a past life. I do not promote violence at all, nor do I tolerate it. Could it be that I was a murderer in a past life and that is why I hate violence today?
It is very possible. It is also possible that you took part in violence in your past life and have overcome that lesson? Im sure you could think of plenty of theories. We hear a lot about how people have their biggest fears or/and dislikes wiped out as soon as they have been regressed to their past life to the source of their thinking. Most people try counselling and other sources of help first, resorting to past life regression when everything else fails. This could also be something that you experienced as a child in your current life and has left an imprint on you, even if you dont remember it, this is possible.
Hi, verbosewriter! interesting question. I thought this for a while myself and decided to ask the question I feared most, "what did I do wrong?" and I was shown as a Nazi working in a camp. I always had this fear of being "evil" or someone that didn't appreciate violence, because although I was a Nazi I was unhappy about the situation. If you are ready to find out the truth, just ask your higher self and the answer will come to you in meditation (or dreams) when the time is right.
Update: I think I was meant to be a healer in this lifetime. Inner turmoil and kayaking have made me think that there's only me to save myself.
When I was little, my paternal cousin around the same age as me, as well as my only neighborhood friend back then, had a stepping spree of ants. We were kids, we didn't know any better. I think that's why I've been stepped on metaphorically for most of my life thereafter. The two kids that were with me back then are respectively in different states than me. Learning to forgive myself is tough. I will try.