• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

past life lover or figment of my

i had a dream where i was still me as i am now and everyone in my dream were people that are from my life today. the only weird thing was that i feel like i met my life’s love from a past life.

i am a tarot card reader, and every time i have asked about my past life it always tells of a great love with a great tragedy.

all i remember now about my dream was that me and my current boyfriend were angry with each other and doing things to get back at each other. one of the things i did was to see other people. so i’m laying in bed with someone who seems to look like my boyfriend now from the side (same hair, same build) until he turns to look at me and i focus on his face and eyes. then my dream turned more into a memory even though i was still me as i am now. i remember vividly what his eyes looked like and the detail of his face. i knew for sure that i had never seen this person before in my waking life. i felt at home and happy and comforted and all i could do was tell him how beautiful he was and how happy i was to see him, and he was smiling from cheek to cheek. then i woke up.

i start recording a video almost immediately to send to my friend and tell her about this crazy dream i’ve had. when i start to describe what the person looked like i just started to cry and i couldn’t stop it. it wasn’t a frantic cry or a chaotic cry, i was still very calm. i’m not a person who cries very much at all, it takes a lot for me to cry which is another reason why this was so weird to me. i just felt like i knew who it was without proof.

someone please help explain. i’m not sure how past lives are really connected to dreams since most say that they are actually more like memories that you have as a different person. i was still me i just feel like i was visited.
 
Don't panic! Sometimes, past life information can come into play within seemingly regular dreams (or at least in ones where a person is their modern self). A lot of times the best way to tell is to see if you just "know" certain information about parts of the dream or if you have a strong emotional reaction to it.

I once had a dream which took place in the present, at I place I know well, while I was still my current iteration. Someone was telling me some important information and I was listening when a young woman approached. My attention was immediately lost. I knew her. We haven't met in this lifetime, but I knew who she was, and that we were together hundreds of years ago. The dream itself was not all that fantastic or interesting, but I found myself getting emotional when I awoke.
 
Hi Sarah,

First and foremost I know just what you mean. It's been a few months now but I've had to question my sanity a few times over memories of a love from a currently unknown time period or place. I agree with Spirit Sword that you have to listen to what your emotions tell you in regards to the dream/memories attached to it and what you feel you automatically know about the person/place/situation. I'm not a very emotional person and my memories came to me on a bus commute to work one morning due to some music I was listening to- the emotions attached to it were so strong I was left sobbing and unable to breathe followed by months of a want and longing for someone I've tried to convince myself doesn't exist in attempts to make it easier for myself. I've taken some time away- trying to make sense of things and see what I could learn. I'm trying to let things come to me organically and I found an artist who had drawn this person perfectly down to a scar he had on his face and even reached out to the artist to learn about the inspiration behind her work (still waiting to hear back...)

To answer your question about how dreams are linked- I've done TONS of dream studies as I've learned a few important things from mine in regards to reincarnation and past life memories and part of the alternative religion I've chosen for myself. Dreams are messages from your subconscious-things your brain wants/needs you to know as a result of things happening in your life and you should always listen or try to understand them as each aspect of your dream has a meaning (if you can remember them.) Your mind houses all your memories, and who is to say those memories won't carry over from a life lived long ago? It's probably the easiest way for your mind to awaken this for us aside from going to a specific place, or physically meeting someone that triggers a sense of time long since passed. Those memories are still yours, and if you have a strong emotional response to them- try to understand what those emotions are telling you. Write down the dreams in as much detail as you can, take note of feelings, atmosphere, setting, geography, color, you name it. I have had both dream dreams, and many visions while I was awake. Since mine are more than likely of my soul mate some form of mental link to this person (some bizarre stuff has happened) despite my attempts at brushing it away- I understand feeling crazy all too well.

Have you had any more dreams or visions since?
 
Back
Top