LimePoLkaDot
New Member
My daughter is almost 2 and is only really just starting to talk a lot more now, after seemingly taking everything in around her quietly until that point.
Lately, she's been parroting everything she hears which is normal developmental behaviour, so lately when she started saying "a beer, a beer, a beer" over and over again, I wondered where on earth she had learned that as she doesn't see anyone drinking beer or talking about it.
I just dismissed it as a part of language development - repeating and playing with sounds until she kept saying it and would then say what sounded clearly like "a beer, a beer.. stubby." The other night she started saying it right as we drove past the liquor shop (that she's never been to) and pointed out the window as she said it.
I said jokingly "Geez, which one of your grandfathers have you come back as?" As she has both grandfathers & a great grandfather deceased who all enjoyed a beer. This was sort of the moment the realization struck that maybe there is more to this. Her paternal grandfather & great grandfather died after she had been born and my father many years before that.
I also like to think maybe it's one of them looking over her, telling her to tell me that to let me know they're around.
I've always believed in same family re - incarnation. My grandmother told me that when my mum was a little girl she came into the house from playing outside and told her "I used to be your grandmother". (Her grandmother had passed away during her pregnancy with my mother).
Lately, she's been parroting everything she hears which is normal developmental behaviour, so lately when she started saying "a beer, a beer, a beer" over and over again, I wondered where on earth she had learned that as she doesn't see anyone drinking beer or talking about it.
I just dismissed it as a part of language development - repeating and playing with sounds until she kept saying it and would then say what sounded clearly like "a beer, a beer.. stubby." The other night she started saying it right as we drove past the liquor shop (that she's never been to) and pointed out the window as she said it.
I said jokingly "Geez, which one of your grandfathers have you come back as?" As she has both grandfathers & a great grandfather deceased who all enjoyed a beer. This was sort of the moment the realization struck that maybe there is more to this. Her paternal grandfather & great grandfather died after she had been born and my father many years before that.
I also like to think maybe it's one of them looking over her, telling her to tell me that to let me know they're around.
I've always believed in same family re - incarnation. My grandmother told me that when my mum was a little girl she came into the house from playing outside and told her "I used to be your grandmother". (Her grandmother had passed away during her pregnancy with my mother).