• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Past lives in the early half of 20th century

Astrolabe

Member
So, I should start by saying this is the first time I have bothered to record this down in writing before. This subject has meant more to me than I can describe. Yet I have been very private about it. I have trusted information about my past lives with a few, very close friends.

When I was very, very young, I can remember my mother took me camping, along with my stepfather. It's one of my clearest early memories. In Southern California's desert (this will be important later) where we slept in sleeping bags out in the open air. It was warm enough to do so and we were at some campsite. I got up before they did and started wandering around the trees. I wandered to a field and I can't remember much, except what everything looked like and I knew that I had lived somewhere else before. It is really impossible for me to describe what I felt deep down on an instinctual level. I didn't have any concept of living before but I knew there was a time "before" my mother. Since I had no idea where babies came from this was to me, a huge piece of the puzzle. I remember coming back to where they slept and later when I said I went for a walk without them they didn't believe me and insisted I imagined it. I don't remember if I said anything about another house but if I did they probably assumed I meant the house my mother lived in before (with her mother until I was two). I've gone over the possibility that I did mean that, but throughout my childhood I had a decidedly "wrong" idea that got corrected as my mother told me it was impossible I did anything before she had me, when she explained where babies came from. I remember telling her I was somewhere else before she knew me and she laughed and said that was impossible. Later as I grew, I heard about reincarnation for the first time and as I was playing around in our back yard I mentioned it to her casually. She told me I must never, ever say that again because it was Satanic.

I won't go into the details of my childhood. But it was bad. My mother died when I was 13 and I do not mourn her. Some people shouldn't be parents.

I did have a close relationship with my grandmother up until her stroke left her mind only a fragment of her former self when I was 15. I lived with her periodically. She told me so many stories but one that really (and I mean really) clung to me was one she told me of a boy she fell in love with. She grew up with him. She told me of his interest in cacti. He became a biologist and marine biologist.

Here's where things start to get interesting. I felt a connection with that name throughout all my childhood...just some funny feeling, an interest and in all of the things that you forget as a child, things that don't hold your interest at all, that did. As a child, I was a prodigy. I don't say this to brag. It's just true. At the age of 4, I could read on a 7th grade level. Grade 6 I was at a college level.

I would literally memorize entire books of scientific names, checking out dozens of books on marine biology. My interest in all sea life was intense and as I look back on it, permeated every day of my life, even though I almost never got to visit the ocean. When we did, I only cared about finding specimens.

Without going into detail, my life this time around is different. I am not a scientist now. But I was before. I remember one very specific episode where I pretended to be on a search for desert plants with a friend, and we went up to the railroad tracks so I could look at all the cacti someone had planted there. My interest was intense and I felt like I was doing something familiar. I liked to pretend I was exploring and discovering plants that had never been discovered or written about in scientific journals. At this point I wasn't thinking of my grandmother's friend. I suppose there is the possibility that this influenced me on a subconscious level. But it doesn't explain a LOT of other things. I never knew how he really died until I started my search for who he was a few years ago and discovered he drowned. All through my teen and 20s I suffered from depression and suicidal thoughts and always, always dreamed of drowning myself. I should mention I harbor no such thoughts now, because once I made the connection I knew why that was, why I was drawn towards it.

Another vision, very strong: a woman in Edwardian era skirt with a lantern looking for me in the gloom of dusk and a house beyond and the colors of the desert, a desert that I have never glanced on in this life. It's an image that popped into my head when I was 16 or 17 and wouldn't leave me, of a mother that was not my mother. I thought of her as an imaginary mother for a while.

The dreams started in my mid 20s. The first when I was maybe 26. I am gay so the fact that I dreamed about being on a dock and clasping a woman's breasts from behind, somewhere in Asia, alarmed me. It's one of the clearest dreams I have ever had and I absolutely knew upon waking that this was a memory. I held her there in my arms, in the morning dawn, looking at some hills on the opposite side of a bay, possibly in Japan or the Philippines or Indonesia. Who knows? If what I read later was true, I went to all of those places.

The second dream I was in a truck, driving on the right hand side of the vehicle (American vehicles will always be driven on the left) and it is very dark at night. I am driving on a road (I never learned to drive due to poverty and my parents dying so young...I've usually just survived in life so a car was out of the question and I have very little notion of how to drive but I knew how in this dream) and I can see my reflection in the window. I am on a dirt road. I can barely see because the headlights aren't that strong on the truck. It is very spacious in the front seat. Almost military, definitely 40s era.

I found a file on this man, who I was most likely, and have now read my/his biography. I know he grew up in the California desert. I am reluctant to say more about his life because someone else might find this, so let me just say...I have felt SO many things over this. Am I crazy? Am I just lonely? Am I looking for a family in the past because I was left on my own so young in this one? Is it in my imagination? Or is my vision of who I was accurate? I've seen the photo and it felt overwhelmingly familiar. The reflection who was not-me and yet me at the same time, that memory I have haunts me.

One more dream: by the ocean. I am at a dock area and parking lot and it is the 50s. I am standing next to a car, pointing to a map and giving a woman directions. A song is playing on the radio "Que Sera Sera" of her car, which would place this after 1956. She thanks me and she looks familiar. Everyone's clothing is much more formal. Men in cars wearing suits and hats. I walk along the shore and through a thicket of short palm trees and some scrub brush and I see my friends waiting for me on the beach. It is extremely beautiful and I am filled with love. The swimsuits are very modest, but colorful, with stripes.

Was I him, I ask myself? I have read only portions of some of his books and I am filled with overload. I took marine biology in college and got a 99 in the course. My instructor told me he would write a personal recommendation if I pursued it as a career. But for some reason I didn't think I was good enough in chemistry and math and opted to go for English. I didn't have a lot of confidence. But I did have artistic skill. He said very few students of his had the ability to illustrate scientific fauna the way I could. It was a long lost skill.

The books he/I wrote I can barely stand to look at, and I have found them out, it was easy enough. The first time was in junior high. I noticed that name on a book of flora, with black and white illustrations. I remember taking it in my hands, looking through it and thinking "I've read this before". But I hadn't. So familiar. So powerful. Chill down your spine familiar.

Since I know what my name was and what my legacy was I am haunted even further. What does this lifetime mean? Will I ever have the love I had before? Will I meet someone that means as much to me as I had then? I must have cheated on my wife if what the bio says is true, and no one knew. I had children (which I don't remember) and the photos I found of my/his childhood home were again overwhelmingly familiar.

I think my last lifetime was about exploration and accomplishment in the field of science. It was my Camelot. I was happy. I know that. I was also involved so heavily in my work it took me around the world. Again this is so hard to say. Was I him? It would explain so, so much of how I feel. Of how I would horde 25 cent National Geographics as a child and pore through the pages, wanting to go to those places and feeling it was who I was, but it never was to be in this life.

I think this lifetime I am able to commune with others perhaps in a way I couldn't or didn't before. I think I am able to empathize with people far more than previous lifetimes. I'm not sure. I only have impressions. I had so much in my last lifetime. Is this wish fulfillment? Do I just want to picture myself as having been happy? With all of the things I was "supposed" to have had in this lifetime, or is it all just flotsam in my mind, detritus from the last time around? I tend to think it's the latter but I thought I would share my haunted thoughts with all of you, who do not know me. Maybe it will be worth something to some one.

One thing I will say. I will never contact the descendants. I could. I won't. It's crossing a line. I can't do it. It's like that movie Birth with Nicole Kidman (which btw was not a good movie) only more so because as an adult I know what I am capable of dealing with emotionally and I have no desire to pursue that road, I have no place on it.
 
Wow. All I can say is wow. These sound like vivid past life memories! It's a good thing you chose to get an English degree and live on different terms. Is the person your grandmother fell for the same scientist? Do you remember any of your other lives? I'd try the different PL methods on the site. Definitely keep a journal and record it all.
 
I am pretty sure that I was him or at the least someone that knew him, but I still find it unsettling. His mini biography is available for scholars. Not that many people outside of his specific arena of study would even know who he was.


My grandmother was friends with him growing up from junior high up through college. She was into him but he only wanted to be friends. He married someone else. She married my grandfather and when you look at photos of them they are actually similar looking enough so that I think she might have gravitated towards my gf because he reminded her of her first beau. She divorced my grandfather (which was still an unforgivable sin back in the early 60s) and he died still young a few years later of a heart attack (from smoking too much). But she had no contact with him (her original crush) after college. She told me the story of how she found out about his death and how it saddened her, but all she told me about was how they burned the body because it was traditional in that part of the world, which I cannot verify in his very short bio. And it's strange because the woman never spoke a word about my grandfather her entire life. She hated him that much (for having an affair, my uncle and I believe).


She remarried and then later divorced her high school sweetheart in her later years before the stroke, and the reason I didn't live with her was because her second husband and I hated each other but we kept our peace in front of her. I am pretty certain he sensed something in me but didn't realize it was because we had known each other before. AND hated each other. Of that I can be certain. I would hate him in any lifetime. Vain, selfish, mildly racist, ignorant, dismissive and petty, and emotionally abusive. She eventually left him.


I used to have the pdf file about the scientist on my old computer (which died) and when I tried to get it online again I found out I couldn't download it, only "borrow" it for a fee and only for a day. I'm hoping they change that from the storage files available, but it's so obscure I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who would really desire it.


There was more than one anecdote where he and his father would go out into the desert and look for plant specimens. His relationship with his father was very good and all my life I've had this ghost feeling of a relationship with a father I never even had. I had a stepfather in childhood but never really saw him as a paternal figure. He was a drunk, and didn't really do anything with me. But it's like...I had this vision of a life in the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s era America all my life, in bits and pieces. The only movies I ever wanted to watch growing up were old movies from the 60s or before. Modern entertainment never appealed to me a great deal. The trips with a father in the desert were an especially vivid image, like remembering a dream or memory. I purposefully stay away from the books because it's too much. The little I've read (mainly about sailing or trips in the desert) was indelible. It really was like reading prose I would write today and I can't describe that feeling at all. It's just otherworldly.


Most of my exploits in the mental world revolve around lucid dreaming and getting in touch with my subconscious so I'm very aware of what my dreams symbolize most of the time, but I don't get "dream" vibes off of the dreams I've listed. It was more like excerpts, more like peeking through a window in time. It has left me in the moments when I wake feeling as though a veil had been lifted but only temporarily. I honestly am not sure how much I want to remember.


MY OTHER lifetimes, however, interest me a great deal. I feel like I get my last lifetime. The others are just a jumble.


Ancient Egypt - this one threw me for a total loop. I am a fervent student of history. Always have been. But there are certain places and cultures which give me "vibes" that I was probably there and Egypt was NOT one of them until I had that particular dream memory.


In this dream I was part of a royal court, and I was one of the few scribes, or at least that is the impression that I got. I was wearing a simple robe and sandals. Huge complex around us, with huge columns. NO crumbling. They were not decayed. The ceiling was there for part of the construction so it might not have been finished or that complex may have just served as a form of monument. I'm not sure. I think there was shade from either a massive wall or a tarp or something.


Anyway, a rumor filters to us via messenger that the Pharaoh has decided to kill off the royal court, or at least create a purge of all of us standing there. Old men and young alike start debating it. He would never do such a thing! But my total instinct is to run because I know he's capable of it.


A few scream after me. I bolt. I remember the details of my feet hitting the dirt. The smell of the rushes and tall grass, dry and green, the river in the distance and me desperately pushing myself to make it there and hide, or swim and the entire time I'm thinking of all the scenarios of the Pharaoh's men hunting me down along one of the few very traceable roads. The smell of the dust and how it felt between my toes (my sandals fell off) was very vivid.


When I woke from this dream I knew I had a very strong feeling I had been caught and killed. That I had some inside scoop on the king. I don't think I made it. Or did I survive longer and just felt like I was going to die, or did I die at that time via some other calamity? I'm not sure. Scribes probably wouldn't have fared well on their own in the wilderness.


But several months back I started thinking about it while running, where I get into a very zen like phase. The words "Ekh Semet" came to me. I googled it without any success until I found one mention. A Queen Semet did exist, wife of Her-hor-si-amun of the XXIst dynasty, of which we know very little. Ekh or Ek means first as it turns out (and I don't speak ancient Egyptian) so the Queen's name was Semet the 1st. Her name translates to "nasturtium".


Other lifetimes are more vague yet still powerful.


I know that I have been a sailor several times over. It's where my screen name comes from. The 19th century is something I have a very strong impression of. I have a very strong pull towards the whole of tall sailing ships from that era. I have a very huge feeling that I was a sea salt, and that I did a great deal of traveling. Any books that deal with nautical fiction from that era leave me feeling...with familiar imprints.


China - this was my only female lifetime that I know of. I've mostly been male. I think I died violently. I could see my reflection in dark water somewhere. It might have been during the age of the Taiping Rebellion, so I might have died pretty young and not lasted very much. 20 million people lost their lives during that uprising. A vast number of deaths and untold suffering. I nearly threw up while reading The Hundred Secret Senses by Amy Tan (if you've read it you could guess as to why) but the era is something I can't even read about without getting really uncomfortable and avoiding it, but on a scholarly level I should go back to it.


I might have had other lifetimes in China. Especially Ming era. That "rings a bell" whenever I see artwork from that era, like the huge tapestries of life in the streets and villages. They have some seriously impressive art with a huge amount of detail and it always kind of just felt very familiar as a teenager but I haven't had any recurrences in memory as an adult.


Native American -I think I was Native American several times.


When I was seven or eight my uncle took me to a museum in LA (not sure which one now) while they were showing an exhibit on rugs from Navajo, Ute, and other tribes of the Southwest and I was FLOODED with something. I just knew I'd seen rugs like that up close, in person somewhere before but couldn't explain it because I hadn't. And I knew I'd been where they had been, and again, this was kind of right before I ever even heard of reincarnation. I had no idea what I was feeling or experiencing.


Longing. I would find books on Native Americans and read vociferously about them, especially looking at illustrations of their canoes, snowshoes, fish-hooks, looms, all of the different tribes and how they viewed the world. I really need to reread all of these things. I have a few books on NA culture I've been meaning to read.


I also had a LOT of unexplainable RAGE over NA history that my school wouldn't go over. Other children pretending to be Indians, or any cartoons showing Native American Indians would literally just send me over the edge at a very early age when no one else cared. At all. I was just incensed at the forgotten history, at the callous way white people dismissed their beliefs, which I thought were so beautiful (especially when I read folktales). I read folktales from all over the world as a child, they had a collection of them in my school library. I was obsessed with these tales but certain cultures felt like I knew them, or had been told them and I could even hear the voice in my head as that of a storyteller. I remember this stuff and experiencing it at the ages of 6 and 7. I was REALLY not socializing for a variety of reasons and lived in my imagination for a long time. It actually damaged me not to have that as much (I had a few neighbor kid friends but nothing lasted and I was always seen as pretty odd) but that makes me question all the more if it was my imagination or not.


If I was Native American, and I think I was, it was also more than one lifetime. At least two. I don't know if I had any interaction with white people at all but I get the impression that at least one was before the migration.


Culturally speaking, I really rebelled against consumerist vanity in junior high and high school. Growing up for me I constantly had the feeling I was something else, someone else, someone much, much older than the children around me or even the teachers. And I was always under the impression that things "weren't right". They were just off. The architecture, the cars, the way people dressed, the value they placed on buying things at the mall (this was during the first half of the 90s) just made me angry. Both because I was dirt poor and I just felt deep down inside that I remembered the way the world was and mourned it while they plodded on ahead completely blind to it. It caused me to feel a great deal of disconnect with everyone around me. I longed to wear a fedora or just go to a cinema and pay a nickel to see some grainy black and white movie. This was NOT acceptable like it would be today. Today young people can be curious about anything and find likeminded kids on the Internet. Not back then. It just made me feel alone.


As an adult I feel like I pushed the bulk of what I was feeling about past lives because of this and also my evangelical Christian church period in my teens (which would never validate such a thing as reincarnation and my pastor was explicitly sarcastic when the subject was broached by other people), which ended when I left the church at 15.


Reading this forum is helpful to me because part of me does feel like I'm crazy to believe in it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Astrolabe, it sounds to me like you have quite a handle on your entire situation and seem to be open and prepared to properly place the clues you are so clearly getting. Your dreams are what I call "lucid dreams" and are often not really dreams at all, but rather "memories" allowing you a view to those other lives. My understanding is they come to explain or to provide a direction for what you face or struggle with now...the key is to find what or how it all fits together.


In my mind, it seems you were clued into the sense of happiness and love in that last life, and while it may be an indicator of something to focus on now, there may be another point to follow...only you can find that. I have had great success with past life meditation and researching my akashic records...both of which have given me understanding and direction regarding my "dreams".


Your informative posts are very intriguing and I look forward to reading your updates and findings if you care to contribute them. Thank you.
 
I really enjoyed reading your posts, Astrolabe. Some very powerful and convincing memories there! Being a part of this forum is helping me too, I know what you mean about feeling crazy. Most days I think I'm just being over-imaginative and making everything up... although the lives I recall seem incredibly dull! You'd think I'd invent something more interesting. I look forward to reading more from you! :)
 
I found your memories very moving. Writing them down, and having them read by a caring and sympathetic audience is often a help. You write with a great deal of clarity about your situation, and it makes sense that the man that you were would choose to reincarnate into your grandmother's family. Members of "soul groups" tend to stay together through many lifetimes, although the nature of the relationships change. I hope you continue to post, and keep us abreast of new developments. Blessings on your "journey"!
 
Thank you, everyone. It helps a lot to have found this website. I think separating your instincts and gut feelings from your imagination is a sort of very primal thing that I have encountered. I just "know" things upon waking up from dreamstate or I have moments where things just "click" into place.


Another thing that really "rings a bell" is docks. I've always been drawn towards any ship docking area visually but anything modern (big metal ships) doesn't. Smaller ships or boats, or tall sailing ships? Yes yes yes.


The visual I have most frequently, and this has happened to me several times looking at any dock in real life, will be a sort of visual image of a dock in near evening, with the orange glow of the sun streaking the rough wood planks, lots of coils of rope everywhere. Sailor imagery from the 19th century, every movie I've ever seen has always just felt like "home". But not really any adventure stories, it's just the visuals. Books like the ones written by Jack London (the Sea Wolf) felt like reading something from my life, especially. Not the messed up relationship between captain and crew but just some of the minor characters. Or Haakon Haakonsen. Those books were very familiar feeling.


One of the only people in my life I've shared any of this with is one of my best friends. He is older than me by about ten years but I have always trusted him from the minute I met him. I originally fell for a mutual friend of ours who never returned the feeling but then I became much closer and better friends with him. I have thought of him as the brother I never had for years. Almost within the first few months of meeting him. Eventually I just started telling him he was my brother and he loves hearing that. We share everything.


The thing about our relationship though, is I am always looking out for him. In any way I can. He is very muscular and attractive but he has a surprising problem in finding people who will be honest with him. Which I've always done. I can pinpoint things about what he's going through that no one else can seem do. And it just seems to be this role that I am completely okay with...I am ten years younger but something I only recently realized is that I was his older brother. And I'm pretty sure it was from a sailor lifetime.


I just have this vibe whenever I think of him and me. I can see him tagging along behind me and eventually learning the literal ropes of life at sea. He is someone who I love intensely and I think of him as my brother and always will.


I have told him we were brothers in another life and I was very hesitant to do so at first but like I said, we can tell each other literally anything. He says he thinks its possible. Quite frankly, ever since I realized this, I realized why a small part of me always feels like I'm "home" when I talk to him.


It's possible he was connected to me in the last lifetime but I have no idea how. I don't know if I had a brother in that lifetime. I kind of get the feeling he will be my brother in whatever lifetime we find ourselves in.
 
So, as I've been opening up very slowly to what it is I've experienced all my life, I've been making some realizations.


In another forum, someone asked about things you carry with you from past lives, mainly things you hate. I discussed my absolute hatred for loud noises, any loud noises, whether it's music or guns or anything in between. I've always been like this, ever since I was a small child. My sister was always the exact opposite. She was the one that reminded me of this. Someone brought up the fact that this was an important clue.


New story. When I was six, I was with my grandmother and it was late at night. We were coming back from a day trip she took and I was staring out the window. The sun had set and the electric dim glow of the city (Los Angeles in the 80s) took on a heavy reddish glow in the distance. I just remember looking at the reddish ruddy colors of night and not being able to see the stars and just this brownish murky sky and I blurted out:


"It reminds me of a battlefield in France."


My grandmother and aunt turned to each other. My aunt wasn't driving at the time and she said "Oh did you see that on TV?" and I just said "No," very assuredly. And I still remember this. I hadn't seen anything to lead me to that conclusion. I know this.


I have thought of this story before but didn't include it in my pantheon of memories because I thought it must not be true. I don't have any WWI memories.


I do, however, have a HUGE aversion to the subject. I always have. And I love history. But when we covered it in school I couldn't get through it quick enough. I remember reading All Quiet on the Western Front and I felt a hatred of the main character, who was German. And his friends. I didn't even care that he died at the end. I was really glad that the war ended in the book. I didn't really have any reason for this anger or reaction because that is like, the opposite of the reaction that most people have and it never struck me before until just now. I think the thread that someone pointed out my huge gun aversion got me to thinking maybe the incident when I was six combined with my aversion means I died in the First World War.


I have told this story before to a few friends but I was confused by it and for the first time I'm piecing it together. It didn't match my life before but I have read through the evidence I described above. I wasn't in WWII and got a free pass as a scientist to enroll in the army but stay in America. That was the last life. I was born in 1918 for that life, which would correspond to the tail end of the war. I think now that the boat life I had, where I was a sailor, was the same life where I died in WWI. I am pretty sure I lived in the era of the clipper ships. Any book of the history of sailing gives me pangs of feeling like I'm at home.


But yeah, examining my feelings about WWI, I have always felt a desperate need to not know anything about it. It STILL makes me SO claustrophobic to think about trench warfare. Like, shudders down my spine as I'm writing this.


Also, when I was a child I had to have a number of surgeries (for my eyes). I reacted as children will and refused to go, but when they told me the doctor was going to give me gas I would always yell out "He's going to kill me!" and I specifically remember thinking I was definitely going to die when they gave me the knockout gas. Smelling anything described as a gas to me filled me with terror.
 
Astrolabe, do your memories of being a sailor come from traveling on a troop carrier to get to the front? I don't think that the infantry worked in the actual functioning of the ship. You have bad memories of being gassed, trench warfare, and the battlefields of France. I don't see how a sailor would have had those memories. I don't doubt at all that you were a seaman at some point, or that you died in WWI. I'm striving for clarity on your timeline. I know that you have clarity - I'm trying to grasp your story! ;)
 
Briar, no, I'm pretty sure my memories of life at sea come from before the war. I think I had stopped being a sailor by that point. From the few fragments I have I am sure I was on clipper ships. I think that I must have been a grown man well into my 30s at least by the time the war came.


I am pretty sure I had multiple lives at sea but again, only a profound sense of belonging and familiarity with everything associated with sailing. Not sure of more specifics other than that.
 
Thank you Astrolabe. That's what I thought I was "getting" from your story. Do you have any idea if you volunteered to go into service? Both my grandfathers had to register for what was called "The Old Man's Draft" during WWI. Neither of them served, and one at least was in his 30's. It would be interesting to know if you were a career military man, and if the friend you think of as your brother was your brother in that life.
 
Astrolabe said:
New story. When I was six, I was with my grandmother and it was late at night. We were coming back from a day trip she took and I was staring out the window. The sun had set and the electric dim glow of the city (Los Angeles in the 80s) took on a heavy reddish glow in the distance. I just remember looking at the reddish ruddy colors of night and not being able to see the stars and just this brownish murky sky and I blurted out:
"It reminds me of a battlefield in France."


I do, however, have a HUGE aversion to the subject of WWI. I always have. And I love history. But when we covered it in school I couldn't get through it quick enough. I remember reading All Quiet on the Western Front and I felt a hatred of the main character, who was German. And his friends. I didn't even care that he died at the end. I was really glad that the war ended in the book. I didn't really have any reason for this anger or reaction because that is like, the opposite of the reaction that most people have and it never struck me before until just now. I think the thread that someone pointed out my huge gun aversion got me to thinking maybe the incident when I was six combined with my aversion means I died in the First World War.


I wasn't in WWII and got a free pass as a scientist to enroll in the army but stay in America. That was the last life. I was born in 1918 for that life, which would correspond to the tail end of the war. But yeah, examining my feelings about WWI, I have always felt a desperate need to not know anything about it. It STILL makes me SO claustrophobic to think about trench warfare. Like, shudders down my spine as I'm writing this.


Also, when I was a child I had to have a number of surgeries (for my eyes). I reacted as children will and refused to go, but when they told me the doctor was going to give me gas I would always yell out "He's going to kill me!" and I specifically remember thinking I was definitely going to die when they gave me the knockout gas. Smelling anything described as a gas to me filled me with terror.
Thank you for sharing all of this. Talking about it is causing you to remember more and now the pieces are falling into place. Riding in a car often puts children in the right mental state to remember past lives. It sounds like you may have been either French or British in the World War I life. The Americans arrived late in 1917. The British and French were first exposed to the gas in 1915. Chlorine and then later mustard gas. Because they were not expecting it they had no gas masks at first. I think the Canadians were also among the first gas casualties. If you were reborn in 1918 it's likely there was a few years in between your death and rebirth.

Astrolabe said:
I think now that the boat life I had, where I was a sailor, was the same life where I died in WWI. I am pretty sure I lived in the era of the clipper ships. Any book of the history of sailing gives me pangs of feeling like I'm at home.
The sailor life sounds like a different life. Maybe it was right before the WWI life. I think the era of tall sailing ships "clipper ships" ended a few years before WWI started in 1914. But there were many sailors in WWI who had started out on the sailing ships. The helmsman who was at the wheel on the Titanic in 1912 had started his career on a sailing ship. You can probably look up when the last sailing ship sailed. It's like when railroads converted from steam to diesel. The transition started in 1939 but there were still many steam engines running in the 1950's. The last regular steam locomotives used in the U.S. was in 1958, but Canada kept them until 1960 and England used them until about 1965.

Astrolabe said:
And I love history.
That's another common thread in this forum. Most of us here are also history buffs. It seems people who like history also remember their past lives at some level. Even if it is an unconscious memory.
 
Hey, all. I have been absent for few months because I had an experience and needed to really take time out to let myself just adjust to it.


About two months ago, I basically used a Youtube video to hypnotize myself. I didn't like the video. I didn't watch it because I didn't like the visuals. It went way too fast and brought me out of the vision before I'd had a chance to explore it so I really need to find a much better hypnotic tape before I venture forth again. If anybody has a recommendation please give me a link.


Basically the voice in the video/trance told me to go back to when I was fifteen in my last lifetime. I found myself in a field. Very specific. There were old barns and farmhouses behind me. Very typical turn of the century types of buildings. Either late 19th or early 20th. I'm not sure if this was from my lifetime that began after the war or one that started in the late 19th and ended in the war. It's confusing, any time I remember anything those lifetimes tend to get muddled.


Anyway, I didn't remember much. But I remembered details like wearing something with a different fabric than I'm used to. Much more canvas-like and thick for the top I was wearing. Definitely male. I was wearing a hat of some sort. Again, very typical for that era.


I remember there was a dirt trail, a small one, running through some prairie type plants that stood straight up, with small grains attached. Wild plants dotted the landscape. Not weeds per say. It was picturesque. Then the video brought me back abruptly and it was so jarring I did not want to re-experience that. This is the first time I have ever tried to initiate a memory retrieval and the fact that it worked somewhat freaked me out so I have tried to remind myself of the fact that it is a gift, that I'm not crazy...etc.


Location wise I get California. Not near the LA area. Either Central or one of the hillier rural regions. I feel like I've actually lived in California several times over. Like, many times, including Native American possibly. Just a repetition there that tends to cling to the outside of my memory.


Last night I had a dream which was, though disjointed, still fresh enough to probe questions. It was definitely Old West times. I'm not sure exactly when. All I got was technologically the era of trains and before automobiles. So, 1880s at the least.


In this dream, which I believe represented something (but I'm not sure what), I found some small fingernail sized clams in a duck pond. I brushed them off and opened them up. Ducks came up to me to see and I found fragments of silver amongst the silt. This is where it gets odd and really disjointed. I remember this the best. Little bits of silver in my hand.


A man approaches me and chases me insisting its his silver, and he chases me throughout the town. There is a complicated scene of someone trying to buy the house I was in, suddenly, for a magnate of some sort, some kind of rail baron employee. I temporarily had this notion of who he was. Not too high up but rich enough to make or break people like me. I decided to give the man who had chased me back his silver because it turns out it really was his and he was keeping it in the shallow pond for safe keeping. This, if it happened, was a metaphor for something. I don't remember this part well. i just remember giving back the silver. What was with this pseudomemory? It felt so real, but it felt like a struggle I went through before. It's almost like my mind had to coat this particular dream so I didn't remember everything, so it wound up just being convoluted.


The man and his brother, a man in a top hat, they tell me a secret about the magnate, something about the property. I go home to find my mother, not my mother from this lifetime, but apparently my life back then in the 1800s. She is a woman I've never seen before but I recognized her as my mother, definitely, and she has just inherited a house but it is going to be worth a lot less if it is taken from her by someone or three people. I don't know how I knew it was three people, I just did.


I remember being told I was inheriting the house before I woke up. This part was extremely important, but I'm not sure how. The entire thing just seemed to revolve entirely around survival and finance. I always tend to romanticize that era without thinking of the details of how people survived so it's kind of interesting I had a dream where everything revolved around money.


Did I steal someone's money? Was I in cahoots with someone? It seems like it was all a plan of some sort. In this dream I was a younger man, in my early 20s (I am 35 now in this life). I also wore very plain, drab clothing with a hat I remember very well, very weatherbeaten. I remember the shape of the house, and the property, the fence, the general layout of the town escapes me now except in bits and pieces.


The overall dream sense is strange. I have had past life dreams before but they were more specific. This seemed to be moving fast and covering a number of things that happened over a long period of time and condensed them, so maybe that's why it feels like a sort of crash course on that lifetime.


Anyway, I thought I'd update. Not sure if any of this makes any sense to anyone else...I'm still trying to take this slowly and not rush anything.
 
I read your post over, Astrolabe. I will take time to read it again. It seems to be significant, and would appear to have bearing on the lives that came after, but I'm not sure yet how the threads tie together. In other words, I feel about the dream much the way you did. There is a lot of detail, and it seems to be a life condensed into one dream. I thought it was interesting when you pointed out how often we romanticize the past, without acknowledging the difficulties life had then. So true!
 
Thanks, Briar. Your input on this board is always invaluable!


I have been thinking...I was a biologist in the past life...there were clams and when I dug further I got to the bits of silver. Clams...claims? Maybe my mind is playing wordplay there. It just now hit me that could be it. That there was a claim and a dispute of some kind.


Also I remember being extremely worried about my mother's safety. And that we had a very close relationship. I was very protective of her. And time period wise, there were wagons with horses. But I saw some specific images. Like the colors of the horses under the sun dappled shade of the oak trees, the colors of the houses, the inside of our house, which was bare and somewhat ramshackle in comparison to today's houses, of course. I get the feeling we built it ourselves.


Sometimes I also get the feeling where I don't seek details, but my mind feeds them to me and when I am not seeking something specific or concentrating on anything in particular, if I'm fed something via dreams it's just this RUSH of information. All these pieces I get to sort through, like a bunch of clues in a box found in someone's attic, if that's an apt analogy.
 
I think your idea about "clams/claims" is right on, particularly when coupled with the fact that they contained silver. I find that the sub-conscious uses word play of that type in PL dreams. My own dreams often use that type of symbol to convey an idea. I wonder if you could have been near Rand Camp (now Randsburg) in Kern County? I live fairly near Calico Ghost Town in So Cal. Many tons of silver were mined in that area, I think starting around 1881. Try "googling", and see if any terrain looks familiar.
 
Some of the tin mines in England extend under water. That was why James Watt invented the steam engine, to pump water out of mines.
 
Back
Top