JWF
Member
Hello. I have read this forum for a while. I still do know if what I remember is real or just a dream fantasy. But here it is, I have dreamed (remembered?), being in combat. I am alone on a cold, dark night, on a hill, but no snow. I feel that we were being overrun, at least attacked again, and had to retreat. I was staying behind with a B.A.R. (Browning Automatic Rifle) to cover the other guys. I may be injured or wounded in some minor way. I don't think I did a good job...something feels wrong with it... I feel I have something to be ashamed of. Another less frequent dream/fantasy was making a beach landing. Not much to go on, just the landing craft door going down and the vision of the beach.
My birthday is June of 1953, just as the Korean war was ending. I spent 5 1/2 yrs in the Marine Corps, during peace time (no combat). I was an artilleryman and a small weapons armorer in the Marine Corps. All Marines are trained to be an infantryman, so we are all familar with hand weapons. But I was so familar with the M1 rifle that it surprised my instructors. I have always been drawn toward military type things. My favorite games involved military fantasies. When I was given some WWII issue gear at about 9 or 10 yrs old I loved it and played every day as a combat soldier. I would "guard" the doorways in our home. at attention, until my father would tell me to knock it off and go play. As a child, I was always fascinated by the Marine Corps, the soldiers of the sea.
Just wanted to tell someone about my dreams/fantasies.
My birthday is June of 1953, just as the Korean war was ending. I spent 5 1/2 yrs in the Marine Corps, during peace time (no combat). I was an artilleryman and a small weapons armorer in the Marine Corps. All Marines are trained to be an infantryman, so we are all familar with hand weapons. But I was so familar with the M1 rifle that it surprised my instructors. I have always been drawn toward military type things. My favorite games involved military fantasies. When I was given some WWII issue gear at about 9 or 10 yrs old I loved it and played every day as a combat soldier. I would "guard" the doorways in our home. at attention, until my father would tell me to knock it off and go play. As a child, I was always fascinated by the Marine Corps, the soldiers of the sea.
Just wanted to tell someone about my dreams/fantasies.