• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Recognition in the reunion of past life friends or lovers in this present life

Netta

New Member
Hei people!

I'm sorry if there is already many threads about this subject, but I would be very interested to know about your opinions of recognition of past life contacts in this present life, and I don't mean only the romantical ones.
After your opinion, is the recognition usually mutual, or is it even possible that the other person doesn't feel any connection at all? Is it very much related to the importance and character of the former relationship, or has it more to do with the sensitiveness and opendness of those people in this life?
I would be happy to hear some stories as well, if you were willing to share them!

Netta
 
Hi Netta,
Although I haven't met anyone that I was romantically inclined with in other lives I have met up with many people who had been friends, family, and even enemies. In one case, the person has been all of the above. lol In most most of these we have both remembered and been able to discuss the possibilities of why were together again. In a couple of cases the people didn't have full memories but knew there was 'something there'.

I think in the cases where people didn't have memories it was because reincarnation isn't something that's a large or regular part of their lives or normal consciousness. In the cases where we both remembered we most usually found something that we wanted to resolve and learn from.

One interesting experience happened with a total stranger. I was in a bookstore and rounded a corner to find a man looking over books. I was instantly shivering and sick to my stomach and my body wanted to freeze on the spot. But being the pigheaded and curios creature that I am I began looking at books and allowing my feelings to explain themselves. I realized the man was someone from another life who had tried to harm me but was prevented when my father stepped in to defend me.

As this settled into my awareness he straightened up, walked right to me and bent down since he was very tall and I'm vertically challenged. And he looked me right in the eyes and said: "I'm sorry about what happened before. I'm not like that any more." Then he walked away.

I watched him go and didn't absolutely didn't believe him. I saw him several times after this at the book store. I tended to go at the same time on the same day of the week. And the idea of running into him every time I went creeped me out so I stopped going to that store.

It was one of the weirdest experiences I've had as far as reincarnation.
 
Hei Netta,

I've been blessed to meet up again with several important people from past lives, although none of them are in my current family. For the most part -- the recognition has been a mutual thing. Some of my friends have no past life memories -- but they just "know" we've been together at some point in the past. ;)

One of the strongest connections I've felt -- was with my friend's daughter, Saskia. I knew -- as soon as she was born, that we had known each other before.

So did she -- funny little creature used to make me "ask my mum" before I went over to her house so I wouldn't "get into trouble -- again!" : angel Both of her parents used to find this hilarious....

Wow, Wulfie -- that bookstore experience is *creepy* :eek:

I had a similar experience with my mum's friend's husband. I've never cared to be around this man -- he makes me almost physically ill. I recognized him the first time I met him -- but I never thought about him recognizing me.

My mum's friend started speaking about reincarnation and her husband looked at me with this awful smirk on his face. I knew he knew -- and he knew I knew...and at one point he leaned over and asked "Are you still scared of the water?" :butbut:

I've avoided him ever since!


Ailish
 
Thank you Ailish and Wulfie!

Those two stories were creepy, they really were... I have now idea of how I would react in that kind of a situation.

But the thing you Ailish told about your friend's daughter was very cute! It's quite a strange feeling to meet a child, especially a baby that yet can't talk, and just read from the eyes that we have met before... I have one experience of that kind, with the son of my friend.

The most of my own experiences have been much less shaking. You meet a person and istantly like him (or even hate), and you know there is something more than that in the situation, something that reaches far beyond this present life. Then the other person just thinks that you're nice (or not that nice at all), and that's it. You become friends (or enemies), but the other party doesn't think that there SO much more in that than there actually is.

I have one life (the Florence-thing of mine), from which I can recognize people easily, it's some specific energy. But the rest of my mates, friends from other lives, are just familiar and I recognize the connection, but I don't know who comes from where.

For those Florence-people I have also received a bit of help, some signs. Once I was wondering if one man (a teacher of mine, actually), came from our group. And instantly, in the following sentence, he began to tell about a trip he had just made with his daughter, to... Florence. The same with another person, I had just thought that he needs to be 'one of us' and after that he gave a concert with the theme of Medici -music in renaissance Florence... It felt quite funny. I went to the concert, naturally.

I was wondering, would it be possible that you would find the connection and recognize the other person and he/she would just consider you as insignificant or not at all special or even not that nice? That he/she couldn't at all reach the energy you had in common? because that would be quite sad, actually...


Netta
 
Hiya Netta,

I was wondering, would it be possible that you would find the connection and recognize the other person and he/she would just consider you as insignificant or not at all special or even not that nice? That he/she couldn't at all reach the energy you had in common? because that would be quite sad, actually...

I think if it's truly a soul connection -- you would both feel it on some level, no matter what.

I think it's hard for us to understand how someone we feel a connection to -- may not feel the same connection to us -- but we have to remember that each person has something they are working on -- and it may be for the betterment of the soul's journey -- that we are not together at times.

It's odd -- but the people around me, who are my biological family now -- are all new souls to me. I have no connection with any of them.

When I was small -- I used to wonder "Where are they?" meaning the souls I'd been with before. I couldn't understand WHY I was stuck away from everyone I had ever known and loved -- but now I realize that I had a lot to learn about compassion and unconditional love, and this was the very best way to accomplish that.

Once I came to understand this -- was when I started meeting my "important people." ;)

Aili :D
 
Hi Ailish!

I have the same kind of feeling (and hopes as well) about the soul connection, that the both parties do experience it at least in some level. And yes, it's totally another thing if the other person doesnt want or can't stay in contact with you, it has propably more to do with the present life of you and the person than the past lives.

It was very interesting what you told about your family. I can somehow imagine the feelings of a child who is wondering where all the loved ones are...

I had a bit same kind of feeling at the school time, i just felt so different from the other class mates; exept for one person I didn't know them at all. Sometimes I even thought there was something wrong with me because I didn't connect with them. I had friedns, but some level was missing. Until I went to the high school, and started to meet "my people"! And yes, it was challenging.

My mother is quite a new acquaintance to me, but with my father we have been around quite a lot.


Netta
 
Well, I have to admit that there have been a select few that I've recognized from PL but I don't know any details, I just recognize them.
 
Hello MoonDansyr!


Nice to hear!

Has your feeling of recognition always been positive? Have those people felt very close to you instantly? Do you know if these past life contacts of yours share the same kind of thoughts of the recognition?


Netta
 
So far, my experiences have been positive. My husband and I recognized each other, but we really don't know any details. My youngest daughter and I have a definite PL connection, but again, not sure what that is.

I once had a hair dresser that, as soon as we met, we both knew we knew each other, but didn't know where, and we both believed it had to be PL-related. (:( she moved away :(

Just last week, a guy approached me in a parking lot (I was loading mulch into my car) and he said, "I swear this is not a pick-up line, but I know I know you from somewhere." We discussed possibilities from this life, but couldn't come up with anything. While he didn't say anything about the possibility of it being PL-related, I have a feeling he was thinking it!

There have been a handful of other experiences like that. (Brief encounters.) I'm actually happy to report I've not experienced the "creepy" encounters.
 
It was nice to hear your experiences, MoonDansyr! It is especially beautiful, that you have recognized these past life connections amongst your closest people!

I have also had a couple of these brief encounters, with people I propably won't be seeing anymore in this life.

and I'm not waiting for the creepy ones, either...


Netta
 
Hei!


One more question about this subject, for all of you; what do you think about recognising past life connections just basing on a photograph? I have had a couple of these experiences.

And do you think it would be propable for a person, who hasn't got so much experience or information of past lifes, to recognize some very close PL connection without meeting him/her, just because of a photograph?

Would be very interested to know, if you have some experience of this!



Netta
 
No escaping yourself...

Hello everyone. …I haven’t posted here for well over a year, though I do browse from time to time. Glad to see it is still going strong, though sorry to see restrictions added, specifically no talk of alien/other world lifetimes ( I know this cuts Zetascair out of a lot of sharing opportunities :butbut: ), and that the spirituality board is gone.

I composed this last night, to place in the “Circle of Souls” thread, by Kateet, in the Reincarnation Questions board, but I guess I took too long to complete it, and I was made to log in again, and the long post was lost. I’m being smarter now and composing it and then pasting it.

I’ll go ahead and put it here, though there are several threads dealing with these subjects.


For me, it seems I haven’t been able to escape having to tie up the many karmic loose ends my soul has apparently created.

Regarding recognizing from photos…I was looking at photos in a book about an historical figure I sense my soul inhabited—this was five or six years ago, during a period of a year or so, during which all of this past life recognition tumbled into my consciousness—and for a brief moment I went into a semi-altered state and quickly saw how many of the faces, of people in his life, I could recognize as being in my current life. The resemblances were uncanny to me. I had three brothers in that life. Two are now my brothers. The other is now female, and we were romantically involved during my college years, and she was later my friend. A sister from that life—looking unbelievably identical today—was briefly a roommate, years ago.

I would think having a soul that has inhabited lives that have been historically recorded has made it easier for me to see the many correlations. It eventually came to the point when I would be aware of which significant figures in my past lives hadn’t yet shown up, and would expect that they would—sooner or later. Indeed, my wife from that life came into my life, about a year or two later, and was my girlfriend for about a year. (She didn't recognize me specifically from the past, but believed me when I told her I suspected we were married before, etc. Instead, she had her own sense that we were together in the past--as a pair of cheetahs!)

…My relationships have almost always been initiated by the other person, with me ‘going along,’ seemingly unable to not have it play out, sensing that this is just one more karmic ‘tying up’ to take care of. I sense dynamics similar to those between us in the past, which I’ve gleaned from reading about their previous personalities. Of course, the other person doesn’t perceive it this way. How can I begin to tell them? They eventually tire of my non-committal, apathetic attitude and move on, and I am torn—so many girlfriends, yet feeling quite isolated from them; I wish for us to be on the ‘same page,’ spiritually, but it just doesn’t happen, and isn’t supposed to. On the other hand, feeling in a way relieved—one more name I can check off. –Sounds cold, but it is indeed what I sense—my soul has a list of unfinished business with others to take care of.

I guess I have to relate that this refers to the King David, Joseph Smith (Mormon “prophet”), as well as the David H. Smith (son of Joseph) lives; in which context perhaps you can see how there would be a laundry list of karmic relationship issues. :cool The photos I refer to above were in a book about David Smith.

I've also met who I think is Jonathan from King David life, briefly as an online friend at a spiritual board. We had this kind of lofty romantic, playful chemistry, and would take off in witty poetic refrains to each other, interrupting the current topic on the board; later, I realized his likely past. His name is Jonathan in this life.

Also, Joab--David's military leader in later years--my current mean, irritating roommate; Absalom, his doomed son--a regretful friendship I recently had; Micah, his first wife--an early girlfriend. King Saul/Brigham Young soul is now in my step-mother. Solomon is one of my current brothers, and was also David Smith's brother, Joseph III (and he was therefore my son, in the Joseph life.). Tamar, David's daughter, I believe is my current sister. Much of their current personalities, and dynamics between us, resonate with the past--stories for another day.

Again, no one seems to know of these specific connections, but me. I know my stepmother has sensed some of her past lives, a few years ago, though I don't believe those we share have come up for her. The rest I've mentioned above are not of the mind to be considering such things, and are focused on other things. Again, it is a somewhat lonely position for me, this sense of being more aware than others in my life about some things--yet, you could say this also reflects a defensive position of my personalities--always needing to have the 'upper hand,' be one up on others, you could say. Also, most of the non-familial connections that return are with people I would outwardly appear to have little else in common with, besides my sense of our having shared past that needs resolving. So, it is difficult for me to explain to family why I'm spending time with certain people.

One I have not met yet is Uriah--the member of David's army who was Bathsheba's husband, who he had killed, so he could carry on with Bathsheba. ...I hope I've learned enough so that the interaction/lesson, when it comes, will not be too challenging. But it may also be that I have already interacted with this person sometime in the past, the effect having been more subtle than I might have expected.


(continued below...)
 
I had a strange experience several years ago, again around the time I seemed to be more tuned in to my subconscious, in a way that allowed much to surface about my soul’s “past” experiences. I was on a subway train, and a few stops later, a woman gets on. We are standing about three feet from each other. It was as if we were in-tune or something, on the same frequency. I was overwhelmed and too embarrassed to look directly, and could only gaze in the general direction of her neck. She also looked perplexed, and looked at me like a deer in the headlights. I’ve since thought that perhaps it is what those clichéd expressions capture: “there was only her and I in the room,” and “everything stood still.” I wondered if the other passengers could sense this energy. I don’t know how long it was before one of us reached our destination and broke the uncomfortable spell.

I’ve since come to believe that this person has the soul who was Bathsheba. I’ve wondered often if I am supposed to meet her again. But currently, I perceive that that was all I’m supposed to get—a brief, yet powerful acknowledgment that these soul connections are real.

I’ve also in the past had a powerful, yet very painful experience with the person who ‘holds’ the soul who lived through Emma Smith (Joseph’ wife, who though perhaps quite obliviously, he hurt terribly emotionally, I had to learn.) I used to pine terribly, for that ‘soul mate’ connection, that intense connection to someone. I had a very hard time dealing with the disconnection from the Emma soul in this life, part of me thinking she was the one I was supposed to be with. I had much to learn about respecting the emotional impact your actions have on other people who care about you; respecting the validity of feelings, in general—in myself and others.

In the thread I refer to in the beginning, Kateet called the various levels of soul interactions “first circle,” “second circle,” and “third circle.” She mentioned that perhaps we join in second circle relationships, when there is something a soul must accomplish, and the intense nature of ‘first circle’ connections would not be conducive to this. Using that system, you could say I’m in a second circle relationship at this point. I have a very loving girlfriend, who has similar values to mine. No fireworks, but respect for her, and appreciation for her generous heart.

If I am honest with myself, I can acknowledge that it has been, and continues to be, a hard lesson—to maintain a practice of respecting others and their perceptions, and not having double standards, i.e. perceiving that different rules apply to me.

I’d like to believe that it is not in the spirit of resignation that I perceive that this ‘second circle’ type of relationship is what is meant for me this time around, but part of me will not forget what that feels like—that intense, effortless connection that is founded in a prior soul connection of that ‘first circle’ type.

On the other hand, my current girlfriend and I do have another type of connection, a certain ease, spiritually perhaps?, that I dare say may not have been something I’d have had with those previous intense relationships. Though there is some kind of kinship of spiritual outlooks, I don’t sense that we’ve been together before; however, she seems to think we shared a life in the Middle Ages. So, there you go—two people can be gleaning different things from a relationship. Maybe it’s in store for me to experience a new type of soul interaction.


...I'd like to thank those who participate in and maintain this board, for the opportunity to share. ...It was very helpful for me to use this board, a few years ago, when I sputtered out postings about these lifetimes, when they were first coming into view.
 
Regarding recognizing from photos…I was looking at photos in a book about an historical figure I sense my soul inhabited—this was five or six years ago, during a period of a year or so, during which all of this past life recognition tumbled into my consciousness—and for a brief moment I went into a semi-altered state and quickly saw how many of the faces, of people in his life, I could recognize as being in my current life. The resemblances were uncanny to me.

I had one of those experiences, myself. Mine didn't last long, because I rejected it and everything to do with it.

I've seen those uncanny resemblances in other people I knew from that lifetime, and people have seen it in me, but it wasn't until I got to the point where I wasn't fighting it anymore that I saw it in myself. :eek:

I developed an instant connection with one of them and considered him by best friend. It confused me, because I saw nothing in the historic records that indicated we were ever friends.

Our friendship has been toxic and one-sided, with the same old old backbiting and gossiping in our circle. There were times when although I considered him my best friend, I hated him. None of it made any sense to me.

And then I got my memories back. I realized that not only were we not friends; we were bitter rivals who hated each other, and some of the baggage that I was dealing with and trying to heal from was a gift to me from him.

And then I wondered, why is this person my best friend now? And then I wondered, why am i questioning my friendship with my best friend?

At the time we met, we were both complete basket cases with a past life connection. It was that connection that brought us together, and old patterns that dictated our actions, and co-dependency that kept us together. And he may have been happy with the way things were, but I wasn't.

I sent a brief email to him and made it clear that the patterns need to change if we are to continue to be friends. And that irregardless of whatever happens, I'm available if he ever needs my help.

The long and angry 'it's not my fault' rant I got in return was not unexpected. But that's okay. Venting is very therapeutic. I just didn't read it beyond the first paragraph. I didn't need a cup of someone else's anger to drink.

I think we all came back together in order to break our 'karmic ties' to one another. It was time for the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse to get on with our lives. Separately.

Phoenix
 
Past life memories...

I don't know how to really explain this but here it goes...
I have really vivid and descriptive dreams and about a year ago I dreamt about a person I had never seen before. I often wondered who this person was but didn't get my answer until a couple of months after the dream. As I walked through a crowd at the very far end of the room he stood there. To my surprise it was the person in my dream! Before long I met him and felt a strong connection with him. Since then we have gotten really close and have actually had numerous dreams about him since. I did a reading on this connection and found that there is definitly a past life connection here where a 'pact' was made between us both to find each other again. I also found that there will be some sort of a meeting where all questions will be answered.

I am definitly curious but frightened as well. You see I have a life of my own and he has a life of his own and with just this connection things in our seperate lifes have gotten confusing. I don't want to lose this strong connection but I don't want to confuse anything else either. Since the reading I have been ignoring a moment alone with him. I know this is wrong but I don't know what else to do about it. The feelings and connection are so strong that I don't want to make a wrong move. Please help me to understand and answer my questions. :o

Please help me identify if this is truely a past life reunion and how to resolve it.
 
Hi Esperanza and welcome,

Yes it certainly sounds like a past life connection and it is a dilemma. I have remet several past-life lovers and that eyes meeting across a crowded room thing really zings, doesn't it?

I have a friend whose very distinctive profile I used to draw obsessively from about age 14. When I finally met him this life I recognised him instantly, not just because he looked like the pictures, but by his eyes. At the time I was in a relationship and nothing happened between us, but a year or two later we were both single and I ran into him again (as fate would have it). We had a brief affair, but it ended badly and I was the more upset because I was thinking in terms of the whole 'soul mate' magic thing and was very puzzled as to why it was not all 'perfect'. Many years have gone by and nowadays we have a nice easygoing friendship. This has taken quite a bit of work to achieve, but it is a very good thing. We very much enjoy each other's company and get along famously and if anything, taking the 'romance' out of the equation has been good for our 'relationship' - which has been ongoing and will no doubt continue to be.

If you or he are at present in relationships with other people I would counsel extreme caution before diving headlong into a soul-mate 'great love' scenario. Just because you may have been lovers in a previous life does not necessarily mean you have to be lovers in this life, in fact sometimes the reverse is true. (I know that sounds a bit boring but it is true). What else do you know about this man, both in this life and the previous one? What do you know about his character? Is he a good and kind person? Was he good and kind to you in the past life? Just because you recognise him does not mean he is 'the one'.

As with any relationship, with a past life connection or otherwise, tread carefully, take it slowly and treat your current relationships and yourself with utmost care and respect.
 
Glad to see it is still going strong, though sorry to see restrictions added, specifically no talk of alien/other world lifetimes ( I know this cuts Zetascair out of a lot of sharing opportunities

Welcome back Earthly! Glad to see your still around. I didn't really mention the aliens that much on public forums. You can read it in my xanga blog, linked in my signature. My blog has, over time, become more about the future and time travel than reincarnation though, but I still post my regressions and memories there, albeit infrequently. I hope to update soon. I also participate on the other 2 forums(Amici/Cafe)as well. Interesting about King David, he was a fascinating figure. Do you have any memories about Goliath that could shed light on the matter? Having pictures of past lives indeed helps in indentifying people present with you in your current life as they often look alike. Sadly in my case I have not met any lovers, or others I know offline, who have memories. I'm pretty much all alone aside from the internet lol.
 
Hi Zeta-- I sent you a message, soon after you posted above, via your account at this board. Perhaps you don't receive those emails?

...Yes, I'd read your Xanga blog, a few months ago, the recent and older--Jill--posts. Quite interesting.


Phoenix-- It is helpful, to me, that there are others such as you with these larger-than-life type connections who have posted here. Also Karen F, with her Alexander experiences, I found especially helpful in the past.

I think I'll start a new thread, about oversized egos! :laugh: It seems to be my greatest hindrance.
 
I do spend a lot of time contemplating. Just what was David's god? What did Joseph see? It has led me to consider the darkest of possibilities, and realize the extreme intelligence and infiltration of darkness in this world. It spurs me to keep working, working, on myself continuously, toward perceiving an evermore clear and broadening view, of how things "really" are. As well, I'm thinking a lot about who Jesus really was, what he really stood for; and the nature of "enlightenment," etc. Also currently seem to be drawn to figure of Haidakhan/Herakhan Babaji.

Wouldn't mind doing a formal regression, when I have money, which I seem to be keeping myself from attainging.:rolleyes: Then I'll inquire about Goliath for you!
 
As for reconizing others from past lives...

My brother, (two years younger) and I have always had a very competitive relationship. Growing up, he always knew how to "push my buttons" I never hated him, but I have always considered him extremely annoying.

From my perspective it seemed that he was always trying to under-cut, or de-value me. I am sure he has a different perspective.

As we grow older, we get along as long as we are not around each other very often. We live 30 miles apart, but we only see each other a few times a year. We have very different morals and values, and we rarely see eye to eye. When I am around him, I feel that my thoughts and/or opinions mean very little to him.

I think he may have been a "thorn in my side", or enemy in past lives.
 
I have recognized several persons and the pieces of the lifes we shared. Sometimes I think it would have been easier for me if I wouldn´t have known that... :D
Knowing that and how I was involved with somebody takes normally some time.
For me the problem is always how to handle the relationship today. Just to know what has been in PL doesn´t solve anything although it makes me more patient. In some cases I found the PL knowledge makes stronger bands to the person, as if knowing the former feelings and experience prevent to give up the connections.
I have met former husbands, lovers, fathers, murderer, enemies and many daughters and also horses which in my opinion have the greatest readiness to change pattern. The human ego is hard to overcome.
I can "feel" and see personal patterns of other people and I don´t know how to deal with. In Germany we used to say : you can bring a horse to the well but you can´t make it drink (if it doesn´t want to). It is hard and seemed to be never ending work to change my old patterns.
I had been some years in bad relationships where the same things happened as in PL before. I had known some pieces of PL- and as I know now, I had got the really important informations but I wasn´t able to see what happend again. I was absolutley perfect in pushing all knowledge away.

Only once I met someone to whom I felt at once a deep connection.
I worked as a waitress, it was Whitsunday 2002 and about 150 hungry and impatient guests were waiting for meal. I worked like in trance to keep all going well. So I hurried again through the restaurant when suddenly my attention was totally fixed on some eyes. I was absolutely attracted by those eyes and could´t stop staring back.I had to go several meters to reach the table where the owner of those eyes sat . The man ordered food and so on for his family and the whole time we kept on to stare each other deep into the eyes and I realised that we know each other since thousands of years. He has got the most beautiful eyes I ever have seen ( Normally I avoid to look too deep or long into someones eyes, I found it too intimate and I want to respect the privacy of my vis-á-vis. Eyes are windows to the soul and tell stories). I had to go several times to that very table and I had to force me so hard not to stare all the time in this wonderful eyes. He was in the company of a very attractive woman and two pretty girl and was very handsome himself.
This event had made me a lot of mental trouble. My boyfriend was far away in Africa and I was crazy about him. But I would have married this stranger at once.
About 10 days later the man was again in the restaurant- his piercing eyes fixing me again. I fought inside with my feelings and my personal faith of what is right or wrong.We were for some minutes absolutely alone and I failed to use my chance for more contact.
I thought it would be the best. In that night I had a dream. I stood at his table and a very large book about us was in front of me but I didn´t open it. Shame on me.

Some month later and 150 km far away I worked again as waitress. A guest had fallen in love with me at first sight. He always told me that but I did´t believe him a single word but we became very good friends. A year later, my boyfriend had an affair in holiday and told me he don´t love me any more. So we decided to separate. I was very unhappy, all our plans for the future had gone and I wanted not to be alone as I had been for years in this life so I decided to give way the frequent advances of my good friend. 2 days later I recognized that I was obsessed loving this man. I could´t understand how this happens but everything felt so right- I would have given my life for him. Some time later I had some PL flashbacks about him. They were not nice but I don´t care. My former boyfriend begged me to come back to him. It was a terrible situation, no matter what I did, I harmed somebody. I had had no idea what to do, what was right. The only thing I knew, I could´t live without my new friend who was really mad about me. Some weeks later that one left me without explanation.
In the time of Napoleon wars he was my father, we lived in Germany in a castle and spoke french. He was an oldstyle aristocrat, wearing a white wig. We had old and very value folios, some of them were to my great sorrow damaged by the French soldiers.
In about 1300 we lived in Wales, I was kept imprisoned by him and he killed my lover to break me.
Till today I don´t get him out of my head no matter what I try and also I feel bad because of my boyfriend- it was a hard and so painful time for him and I wished things had gone not that way.
 
Yes Mara (welcome to the forum).

Just because you knew someone from a past life does not mean bells will ring and it is 'fate' and you will live happily ever after. Quite often it is 'fate' but not the way we would like it to be! Quite often there is some problem that needs resolution and a bad pattern that perhaps needs to be changed. It is always wise to think carefully before leaping into a relationship with someone you have known before, or at least to proceed with mindful caution (with any relationship really to tell the truth!).

It is not unusual for another person to be very attracted to you if they knew you before, but not really understand why. They just feel 'excited' by you, and drawn to you, but may not rationally understand the past life connection. Then once you get together, the old feelings come back and once again you find yourself in a situation you have been in before with that person and it was not always good before.

The more you consider the patterns that are repeating in your relationship with this man (he might not really 'want' you but does not want anyone else to have you either might be part of it, for instance).

Your story is a great example of that kind of thing. Pity it is so painful and difficult for you. I hope you will be feeling better about it soon. Talking about it can really help put things in perspective. I would be very interested to hear some more.
 
Thank you tanguerra!

You have given a great explanation! :thumbsup: As I read it, I just had to think about following experience. I haven´t thought about it for years but today I have now more comprehension in the situation. I never have seen this situation in that way- the comeback of the old feelings.

I have got a short affair with a younger man when I was about 26. He suddendly refused to see me, all was quite peculiar because he had had an eye on me for years ( I had not noticed him all this time) I could´t believe what happened to me and those feelings I have got, this urgent wanting him. Often I looked at him and was surprised the way he looks like and that this man was the middle of my thoughts. I had got another image of him in my inner sight. Nobody understood what the hell I was attracted from. Nor did I. But when he was around, everything was ok and I didn´t care about anything, even if the end of the world would have come.

I tried to overcome my urgent desire for him and every time my feelings calmed down he came along - we shared some hours and all started again. It was a very unusal behavior for him, he could´t explain this nor I.

Then I had a regression. I was in a church in Wales about 1300 where I was not allowed to be in, searching for him. Suddenly he appears (with the face I always connected with him), having some kind of bright radiation around him. He touched my face and in my head I heard him say telepaticly that everything is ok, it was like he wanted to comfort me. He disappeared and I (and especially my inner sceptic) found everything quite strange. Then I was suggested to leave the church. I felt relieved and noticed by the way a corpse fixed on the door of the church. I was suggested to look at the person hanging there but I refused some time doing that. When I did it at last, I started screaming and crying- it was him. I knew in the same second, that it was my fault, he was murdered beastly because of me. They couldn´t get me so they took him. I could´t stop crying for a while even if I knew, that he lived now healthy just some miles apart.

Some month later ( I lived with some friends in an old house) we all drank coffee and chatted while a documentary ran on TV which nobody payed attention to. It was about Wales and the different old churches it has got. Suddenly my heart started beating hard and I jumped off, recognizing the ruins of the church I had seen in my PL and just saying " I had been there". I haven´t got the name of it, I left the room at once to calm down, the feeling was so intensive I had to fight to get me under control.

It tooks me 7 years at all to get that man out of my mind.
I often thought in that time, it would have been better for me if I hadn´t talked to my friends about all this as if talking about it had made the bond to him stronger.

Today I avoid to talk with friends about my feelings and I found by that way it is much easier for me to live my life - every day- and that what I have intended to do. My friends believe in reincarnation but they are not really interested.

I try to see my patterns and former relationships from distance and avoid that my feelings become too strong and overcome me. I have decided some years ago not to cry any more or get drowned in pity - no matter what happens- and this decision helps me to master my life.

I read somewhere that Jesus had said you have to leave your family and wife and all to follow him. For many years I found this strange, but now I have understood it that way that I should live my life in that way that I know I should, no matter what my friends of family say.
 
Hi Mara

Yes, these past life connections can be amazingly powerful and somehow understanding them makes our present life relationships make more sense. What an interesting story with your Welsh Church. This must have been in very early days of Christianity in Wales? Was the corpse in the Church your friend or an image of Jesus? I got a bit confused there. It is certainly a very gruesome image! I wondered if maybe you were a bit frightened by seeing a crucifix for the first time or this was an actual murder?

I have a chap that I have known before more than once and I have been quite obsessed about him over the years (although I am achieving a lot more clarity recently). Others could not see the attraction at all, but all I know is when I am with him I feel good and peaceful and happy, even though he has not always treated me with a great deal of respect or kindness in this life or others - nonetheless we are drawn together until we work this out I guess.

Sometimes talking about it all obsessively can make your feelings more intense, but supressing the feelings is not necessarily the answer, although it is good to try not to be completely overwhelmed. I find that the more I investigate the past life scenarios and look for patterns the more I can process the intense feelings and put them into some perspective.

This is a very good place to talk about it all and to gain some clarity. Everyone here is very interested in your stories, and dare I say, may be able to give you more perspective perhaps than your friends as we have on the whole a bit more experience with this phenomenon.
 
Hi tanguerra

I have googled and found out that Wales has been christianised even before Britain and Ireland- about 750.
The corpse I have seen was my former lover, rendered into 2 pieces. His eyes were broken and all seemed to be very dusty. When I first saw the corpse I won´t pay attention to it, just another corpse. Why I was not allowed to be in this church - I don´t know exactly but I have got the feeling :o it has something to do about black magic :D and that it has happened around 1300. I was not afraid of crosses, I think there had been rituals beneath the ones of the church.

I try since over 20 years to recognize my PLs, I have got pieces about 50 PL. For me I have found out it is most important to be grounded deeply in faith, daily task and humour as there must be an anchor and counterbalance to those experiences. I had had times in my life where I was nearly loosing my mind and refused to live any more but I had resposibility on my horses and they had made me holding on :)

I also found out, talking/writing about experience needs an open mind on the vis-à-vis. It is as logging in morphogenetic fields and this accelerates healing and perception.
Since I have found this forum (in Germany I haven´t found anything similar) I had to force me not to hang 24 hours a day online- I found so many treats that clear much for me. Thanks to all who shared their great experience!:thumbsup:
 
Hello Everyone

Usually I just read, but I just got so absorbed in this link that I truly have to write something.

There have been several people over the years that I have recognised from the past, all being very positive connections and all reciprocating the familiarity in one way or another, although I never talk about this topic (reincarnation) with anyone in 'real life'.

I really agree with what Tanguerra had said about how we are possibly not necessarily meant to 'end up' with the flames of our past, and sometimes this is hard to accept. This sounds a little silly and moronic, but usually those I have recognised (male) and feel strongly for seem to display strong feelings/energy back and we usually like to touch each other at every opportunity - not in a sexual way, but more on the hands, around the shoulders, arm to arm and hugs. Which seems really natural at the time, but after I cringe in embarrassment, particularly thinking that these people include a former lecturer and a brother-in-law.

In fact, whilst my brother-in-law certainly is the brother I never had but always wanted in this life, I still, from time to time get confused as to which one is my husband - my husband, who I certainly feel I have never known before, or his brother. My brother-in-law and I have this bond where we seem to get really well along with children and animals together. In fact, when their (my husband and his brother's) little sister was young and all of the brothers and sisters and their partners were together, this little sister blirted out that this particular brother-in-law and I should be together. This was such an embarrassing situation, and quite terrible as I love my husband more than anything, and I also love my brother-in-law's wife, but for some reason this made me think that somehow, this little sister might have been our child in another life.

Immediately after meeting my husband I knew I could not let him go, that's why it's so strange that I feel such a strong connection to his family (although they come from the other side of the world). I am certainly extremely happy with the way our relationships are in this life, and I wouldn't change a thing. It's just sometimes hard to realise that in this life, we need to maintain personal body space, particularly around loved ones, even though it feels so natural, and not at all sexual. This all does sound weird, because I can't even explain it myself. :confused: But even if it is for overt symbolic reasons to show our spouses how much we love them, it's almost like a conscious and consistant reminding that we can't lean (literally) on each other all the time. :D

This is really a little funny huh? :butbut:
 
Glad you came out of hiding to post your experience kuka. I found your comments hartwarming, and yes, it sounds like there could well be a PL connection between you and your brother-in-law. For some reason I think society as a whole frowns upon any display of affection, which is a shame. I have a woman I've been friends with for 48 years, and we almost never show any signs of affection, which is OK with me, since I'm not much of a hugger. But I do think showing affection for those we love and care about is important. I think I'll ask her for a hug the next time we get together.

John
 
Hi Mara - eeewww! Gory!

I remember feeling very happy when I found this forum too. It was a great relief to realise I was not alone in the world with this strange experience of remembering many, many lives.

I hope you will find it helpful and healing to be able to share you experiences here. I hope it will help you get some clarity in this life.
 
Hi John

Thanks for that! Because, truly the hugging just comes naturally and it's all I need. After writing my post last night I started thinking of my whole marriage and family-in-law situation.

It really is funny, that just days before I travelled to the other side of the world to work - and where I met my husband (although I already was seeing someone) - I seriously hurt my leg playing basketball. I started grieving, even though I had earlier thought that I didn't want to travel after all (due to the then boyfriend being back home). So as a result of this 'mourning' I realised that I had to go, even if I couldn't walk, and naturally this ended up leading to me meeting my husband.

I truly know that I have never met him in any previous lives - yet will most likely meet him again in future ones - but I was so connected, even though we were just friends (and I had the other guy back home), that I seriously could not let him go. And he couldn't let me go. That's why it's so strange that after a year of cross global 'seeing each other', I finally arrived in his home country to meet his family. I immediately felt at home in his country, and I immediately 'knew' his family. Particularly his parents, this brother and the baby sister - and it feels so good to be with them. I truly can't understand the family-in-law from hell stories, as I truly wouldn't know how to live without mine. :thumbsup:

Take care
Kuka
 
Back
Top