dking777
Member
I was inspired by HeatherMarie's and started recalling my own years as a teenager and the problems I had with past life recall. I was the exact opposite. I wasn't utilizing 'hypnosis' to recall past lives. I was using hypnosis to 'forget' the spontaneous memories that had flooded my young mind from the age of 3 to 14. Ironic. I was one of the minority who had years of spontaneous past life recall as a child.
I crossed paths with a 12 year old when I was 14 and he had spontaneous recall of a past life we had shared together. He wanted me to confirm his memories with my own. I laughed at him and said, "I wouldn't open up that hidden door in my mind again to save my own life, much less to confirm you own curious mind about the matter." At one point I told him, "Why in the world do you want to recall someone - your not. Your not that person anymore. You are you. Period. That old life had a end of story. Now it is a new book, new chapter and new story. Move on with it. Let sleeping dogs lay as far as my mind is concerned. Wake up a sleeping dog the wrong way and it might bit you in your behind."
To me, past life recall was not a blessing of joy, wonder and delight. It was a beast of burden that had caused me nothing but pain, agony and stress. Not only for myself but my family was well. Many a tear was shed during my growing years. I felt I had finally locked that 'beast' in a closet and had the key firmly in hand and wasn't about to let it out to run rampant in my life again. I told him, "Get "God" to validate your recall and if 'God' is trying to use me to validate it - then "God" has done lost his mind. 'God' knows me better than that."
My young friend started rumors among our peers in an effort to put pressure on me to 'open up the locked door' in my mind and validate his recall. The one's who approached me thought it was 'cool' that I had a chance to validate a past life memory with someone else. I can recall a conversation I had with one young teenager. I told him, "If you could walk a mile in my shoes, you would see that the grass is greener on the side of the fence your standing on." He told me that he had a slight bit of envy for me for the sake of my ability to recall past lives and I told him, "I have just as much envy for you for sleeping in forgetfulness and not being awakened to a nightmare haunting you from the past." I told him, "Count yourself among the lucky ones," and - "I wouldn't wish this sort of thing on my worst enemy, much less someone I counted as a good friend."
That was my attitude toward 'past life recall' when I was a teenager. My peers pointed to the fact that my young friend was having a good time with it. I told them, "Give him a few years. He is still growing. He will grow out of it. I am willing to bet that if you walk up to him when he is 16 and ask him about this - he will look at you with a blank mind and have no idea what your talking about."
I won the bet.
Sincerely
DKing
I crossed paths with a 12 year old when I was 14 and he had spontaneous recall of a past life we had shared together. He wanted me to confirm his memories with my own. I laughed at him and said, "I wouldn't open up that hidden door in my mind again to save my own life, much less to confirm you own curious mind about the matter." At one point I told him, "Why in the world do you want to recall someone - your not. Your not that person anymore. You are you. Period. That old life had a end of story. Now it is a new book, new chapter and new story. Move on with it. Let sleeping dogs lay as far as my mind is concerned. Wake up a sleeping dog the wrong way and it might bit you in your behind."
To me, past life recall was not a blessing of joy, wonder and delight. It was a beast of burden that had caused me nothing but pain, agony and stress. Not only for myself but my family was well. Many a tear was shed during my growing years. I felt I had finally locked that 'beast' in a closet and had the key firmly in hand and wasn't about to let it out to run rampant in my life again. I told him, "Get "God" to validate your recall and if 'God' is trying to use me to validate it - then "God" has done lost his mind. 'God' knows me better than that."
My young friend started rumors among our peers in an effort to put pressure on me to 'open up the locked door' in my mind and validate his recall. The one's who approached me thought it was 'cool' that I had a chance to validate a past life memory with someone else. I can recall a conversation I had with one young teenager. I told him, "If you could walk a mile in my shoes, you would see that the grass is greener on the side of the fence your standing on." He told me that he had a slight bit of envy for me for the sake of my ability to recall past lives and I told him, "I have just as much envy for you for sleeping in forgetfulness and not being awakened to a nightmare haunting you from the past." I told him, "Count yourself among the lucky ones," and - "I wouldn't wish this sort of thing on my worst enemy, much less someone I counted as a good friend."
That was my attitude toward 'past life recall' when I was a teenager. My peers pointed to the fact that my young friend was having a good time with it. I told them, "Give him a few years. He is still growing. He will grow out of it. I am willing to bet that if you walk up to him when he is 16 and ask him about this - he will look at you with a blank mind and have no idea what your talking about."
I won the bet.
Sincerely
DKing