• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Shared Lives - Shared Healing

Ailish

Administrator Emerita
"Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity." - Hippocrates, 460 - 377 BCE
Past life work has many great benefits, one of the main ones being healing from past trauma. Most often this is done on a personal level, alone through your past life work or with a trained professional. But - what about when you heal together with another person who was with you in a past life - and remembers in the present? Sharing memories with someone who remembers, as you do, is a very cathartic experience.
"Eventually you will come to understand that love heals everything, and love is all there is." - Gary Zukav
One of the most profound healing experiences I've ever had involved my mom. We've been together many times, in many different situations. In our most recent past lives together, she was first my sister Valeria (Lera), and then my cousin (who was like an Aunt due to the age difference). It was a case of same family reincarnation for me - I came back to my sister out of love.

Through our meditations, we discovered that as sisters, our last moments together had been heated. There were hard feelings, and words spoken in anger. Our family felt fractured in those last hours. Just before leaving to go into town, I begged my sister to come with us again - and when she refused, I said some hurtful things. In childish anger, I took off the locket she'd given me for my 12th birthday and threw it on the table, thinking "She'll see it and know how mad I really am!!!"

I didn't know then...that I'd never see her again. I didn't know the last words I'd ever say to my sister would be hate-filled words of anger. That her last memories of me, would be words - the words of recrimination we hurled at each other, and the treasured locket I never took off, left on the table.

The bombs fell that day, killing our immediate family, except for 17 year old Lera who was home safe. She saw it - witnessed the devastation. And she was left all alone in the aftermath.
"Our sorrows and wounds are healed only when we touch them with compassion." -- Buddha
We'd each done our own work surrounding our lives as Valeria and Nicoletta. We had our own journals filled with memories, validations and information. I know that we each had an understanding of our lifetime, of the lessons that we learned, and the patterns we were repeating both together and alone. We'd shared some of our journal entries, done some shared meditations and smiled at the results and validations, carefully documenting everything for future reference.

During one specific shared session while I was visiting my mom, we had a very intense meditation. We both experienced feelings of guilt, loss, pain and grief. Our emotions reflected our memories and both during and after the meditation, we were in tears, struggling with our feelings. Only we were blessed to have the opportunity to do something about it - to say all of the things we never got to say then and to find a resolution for our feelings. To let the other person know how sorry we were for our actions and for the things we said in anger. To be able to hug each other now and offer comfort, as we were unable to do then. It was a profoundly moving experience for me - far beyond simply remembering.

"When you assume responsibility for what you experience and share what you experience in a spirit of companionship, that is the same as forgiveness." - Gary Zukav.
My mom's gifted - and she can see what I see at times when we share a meditation. She was with me in those last minutes of living Nicoletta's life, as I experienced them. She saw from my POV, the fear, the chaos that ensued after the bombing - how I screamed for my family, my dress and hair on fire. And she cried for me...for that horrible ending to a beautiful life. For her to see that for herself - to understand my last minutes as her sister, was an incredible gift for us both. Sharing that - was like having a weight lifted from my chest. I felt lighter - completely freed from the memories of that day.

Through our shared meditations, I was given the opportunity to see what happened to my beautiful sister after we died. My mom explained her feelings, emotions and memories in great detail - the pain and anguish of loss, the funeral...the grief of being alone and the guilt of being the only survivor. Lera lived through two World Wars. She kept the vineyard running...and she kept to herself. I cried as she told me of my sister's lonely life after the bombing. By the time I returned to her as her little cousin, Alessandra, she was so much older...different. Life, loss and war had changed her from the young, vibrant girl she had been. Yet something of her remained - as Alessandra, I recognized it. And she spoke of recognizing Nicoletta in Alessandra (me).

By sharing these experiences with my mom, I got to heal on many different levels. I believe that we are the only ones who can heal ourselves, yet I've found that there is something special about sharing that healing process with someone who understands.

This place of shared healing is a sacred space where our soul can create channels of expression with a loved one; when you combine the thoughts, feelings and emotions with the soul's capacity to deal with grief in an integrated way, you find a sense of release - and a profound peace. It was very healing for us both - to share these memories. To speak of what had been, and what never was. To cry - for all that was lost, all that was endured. And to hug her, my sister, my cousin, my mom and smile brightly in the knowledge that we are blessed to have each other again.

Has anyone else actively shared a past life healing with another person in the now?

Aili
 
Very moving story, very eloquently expressed. Thank you for sharing Aili. You are blessed to have another soul you can so openly and vividly share these memories and emotions with.
 
You are very blessed to be able to share that with her. There is no one here in this current life that I'm able to share that with right now.
 
A beautiful post, Aili. hug2.gif


I have also experienced the relief of having been able to apologise and talk about the guilt I've felt, to a person I knew and loved in a PL, as well as now. I would welcome more of these experiences, as they really are valuable.

Ailish said:
I didn't know the last words I'd ever say to my sister would be hate-filled words of anger.
Someone wise said recently that hate is not the opposite of love, but a misunderstanding and distortion of love. :)


Karoliina
 
Hi Aili!


So beautifully worded and heartfelt! Thank you. Yes, it is an absolutely liberating experience ;)

Karoliina said:
Someone wise said recently that hate is not the opposite of love, but a misunderstanding and distortion of love.
~
Interesting point of view, Karoliina. In some cases, I definitely think it is true! :)
 
Thank you for your lovely comments, everyone. #G^H


I do realize I'm blessed and I don't ever take that for granted. In this life, I've learned to tell the people I love - how much I love and appreciate them every time we talk.


And I may have a temper and at times be impatient (working on that one : angel), but I always, always want to work things out as soon as possible. I don't like waiting - and I never want to walk away angry, or with unresolved feelings between myself and a loved one. And even when there's anger - I make sure they know there's always love and it's the stronger of the two.


I think this life taught me - that there are things going on in others' lives that we don't always know about or understand, and that affects them in ways we don't know of...and it's important to take that into account when someone you love does or says something to you that hurts - or is out of their regular behavior pattern. At 17, my sister had a lot going on that I didn't understand at 12. Five years was - a big age gap at that point in our lives. ;)


I'd love to hear some of your stories, if you'd like to share - :D
 
Hi Aili,


I have read and re-read this post, thinking deeply about the implications. You have approached it with love and compassion. :D Yes - it is truly a blessing to share memories/experiences. However, this is not the case for a lot of people. There seems to be a veil of protection - a safety net.

....she can see what I see at times when we share a meditation. She was with me in those last minutes of living Nicoletta's life, as I experienced them. She saw from my POV, the fear, the chaos that ensued after the bombing - how I screamed for my family, my dress and hair on fire.
It is truly a blessing to be given such a gift of insight. But what I have found is that both people need to be ready for the healing and for the experience. It should also be untainted with previous chit chat and or conjecture. That's a hard one.


Also -- sometimes what people think and what is really going on are two different things. One such case comes to mind. A woman who is very close to me is extremely clairvoyant. She was working with one psychologist for a while who would call her and ask about a few of his patients when he could not get to the heart of the matter.


One lady had been visiting him weekly about her twin boys and the difficulties she was having with one of them. The doctor could not get to the reason why this young boy, three years old acted out and was so upset a lot of the time. The mother had tried everything to appease him and get to the cause.


The clairvoyant woman told the doctor what she saw as the problem; her son was her high school sweet-heart who had died in a car crash his senior year. He had reincarnated as her son and was upset she never let go of him (then). She held on to her grief. She never went through the grieving process. The Doctor asked the lady if she had a high-school sweet heart to test the visions; she burst into tears...and told him of the crash and her devastation. The process of healing began for her and was no longer focused on the boy. She had not expressed any of this to the doctor, her family or her twin boys.


The boy stopped acting out a few weeks into HER process. The knowing came - in a different way. ;) Her love returned to her. But he wanted her to let go of the grief, the sorrow and when she did - there was healing. How powerful our children can be if we only have the eyes to see, the ears to ear and the common sense to listen.
 
Very beautiful post Aili.


I alos am blessed to have such a deeply connected person within my own life....my girlfriend. We have shared around 90% of our incarnations together. (For all we know it may be all of them, the ones that we have not recalled each other within have very little in the way of recollections to them. So we may have been together during those as well & simply haven't remembered it yet. ;) )


She has helped me immensely with Hans' lifetime, as she is able to answer some of the questions that continually plagued me during his lifetime regarding how she was with myself so far from home. And both recalling some of the few times that we were able to be together during that lifetime has been a wonderful experience - as those were the only times in Hans' life that he truly felt alive. It means a lot that she is able to share some of the few times that Hans was actually happy.


While she obviously wasn't there when Hans died & she wasn't exactly comfortable with all of the details she understood the relief it brought me to share those final moments, thoughts, & emotions with her. Her own end was very traumatic as well & stirred up feelings of rage & remorse within myself, but knowing what happened also settled much of the left over uneasiness of not knowing what happened to her.


We still are amazed when we are able to recall the same event from a shared lifetime. We have even been able to answer some of each others' nagging questions about certain things due to are seperate observations of the same event. It truly is a blessing to have someone to share & heal with on such a level. :D


Sincerely,


Laurasia
 
Dear Aili, what a beautiful post, filled with wisdom and compassion. You are truly fortunate to have had this experience and to learn from it... we are fortunate you shared it with us.


I can only imagine what it would be like to share such memories and have them understood and in some ways validated by the thoughts and compassion of a kindred soul. I have not experienced that, yet I do know those people from that past life who are with me now. To share a spiritual meditation with my love from that life would indeed be powerful, enlightening and validating experience. I do sense a need for healing, but don't know why or what. Your memories make me hope for a time of discovery.


Tman
 
I am wondering if any new members have a shared experience they would like to post here. Aili has presented a wonderful example. :cool
 
Back
Top