• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Son's Nightmares

Nyflame

New Member
Hello, all. I recently came upon this site and was very intrigued by it.
My 12-year-old son has had nightmares his entire life, ever since he was a very small baby. They have always been about the same thing: guns. When he was a little boy, it used to worry my wife and I a lot because he would talk about how he got massacred in a recent nightmare, sometimes by a whole troup of people or sometimes by just one person. We have never owned a gun, and we've never allowed him to watch voilent TV or play shoot-'em-up video games.
I've always been a little baffled by the detail of his dreams, and I could never understand why he would dream about getting shot in the first place. Does anyone think maybe past lives could have something to do with this? Maybe he was murdered long ago? I just thought it was an interesting possibility, and it could explain a lot.
-Jason
 
Hi Jason!
Welcome to the forum! :)

It's very possible that your son is remembering a PL through his dreams...
Does he ever mention anything when he is awake? Is the drawn to any place or anything in particular? Has he had any spontaneous memories?
If he is still having a lot of nightmares you can try talking to him while he is asleep. Tell him that whatever is upseting him is over and he is safe now.
A PL regression could be an option too.
I also suggest you read Carol's books. They will help you understand what is happening to your son.
Here are the links:

Children's Past Lives

Return From Heaven

I hope that helps some. :)
 
Hi Jason, reincarnation could explain your son's nightmares. It would explain it to me anyway. 7 months ago before my 5 year old son started talking about his past lives, I would not have lept to this conclusion but it is easy to see now. I applaud you and your wife for considering it as an explanation.
Is your son interested in guns/weapons during the day? Do you ever remember him saying anything when he was younger about another mommy and/or daddy?
I would suggest you read through some of the threads in the children's section and try to get some general information. Also, Carol Bowman's books that Fab mentioned to you.
Regression might be something to consider down the road after you read a little.
Good luck to you all. This is a great site to come to to lurk or ask questions. There are a lot of parents that post here.
Vicky
 
Hi Jason.

It's very possible. My 6 year old son had many of the same themed dreams. Many were of intruders although he had many that included being shot and a little friend of his (not in this lifetime) shooting himself. (that dream was complete with details on how the child bled and convulsed after being shot) I didn't approach the theory of reincarnation until just recently so unfortunately many things that I may have asked him about has now passed with time. His dreams have subsided now and rarely has them.

Since your son is 12 now, he may have forgotten them to be past life recalls however he is of the age where if you and your son are open about the theory of reincarnation, you may be able to ask questions as to the feelings the dreams bring, the surroundings and the clarity of them. I believe there is a thread somewhere ....Yep, FOUND IT!!

http://www.reincarnationforum.com/threads/imagination-or-memory-that-is-the-question.880/

:)
 
Back
Top