Cassie
Kemetic-Shintoic Pagan
Well,
Okay, you know you're not normal when you spend three hours crying over Japanese Samurai (I don't know why I do it to myself),
and now I've finally stopped, and my face isn't a puffy mess, I wanted to share them with you, and the tales of the Shinsengumi,
who in my view, were the greatest Samurai of Japan.
I don't know if this branch of the past relates to anyone? But for some reason they speak to me, I'm undoubtedly drawn to the Shinsengumi.
There's something about them, something I haven't been able to put my finger on.
I don't know whether it's the honour, or the determination, the skill, or the men themselves that I hold so, so dear,
or if I knew them, or knew of them,
But if I could go back in time, I would have given my all to fight beside them.
Those men are.. I don't know, almost a part of me somehow.
I don't know if I have any ties at all to the Edo period, but something about it keeps calling me back, and I can't help but
cry my silly heart out when I watch them fighting for what they believe, and I'm not one to cry easily.
So please, let me share them with you, the memory of the often misunderstood Shinsengumi, the beautiful Wolves of Mibu.
Introducing the Shinsengumi,
This video introduces you to the men at the forefront of the Shinsengumi 'police' force,
With outtakes from the Shinsengumi series, which is both a real joy and a horrible pain to watch.
A bit of acted violence in video, but no blood.
You can watch the entire series online, simply called 'Shinsengumi', there are may versions with English subtitles,
my Japanese is ..alright, but pretty rusty. I hope the history enlightens more people to their journey and cause.
Hope you're resting in peace, all the proud men who fought and died.
Okay, you know you're not normal when you spend three hours crying over Japanese Samurai (I don't know why I do it to myself),
and now I've finally stopped, and my face isn't a puffy mess, I wanted to share them with you, and the tales of the Shinsengumi,
who in my view, were the greatest Samurai of Japan.
I don't know if this branch of the past relates to anyone? But for some reason they speak to me, I'm undoubtedly drawn to the Shinsengumi.
There's something about them, something I haven't been able to put my finger on.
I don't know whether it's the honour, or the determination, the skill, or the men themselves that I hold so, so dear,
or if I knew them, or knew of them,
But if I could go back in time, I would have given my all to fight beside them.
Those men are.. I don't know, almost a part of me somehow.
I don't know if I have any ties at all to the Edo period, but something about it keeps calling me back, and I can't help but
cry my silly heart out when I watch them fighting for what they believe, and I'm not one to cry easily.
So please, let me share them with you, the memory of the often misunderstood Shinsengumi, the beautiful Wolves of Mibu.
Introducing the Shinsengumi,
This video introduces you to the men at the forefront of the Shinsengumi 'police' force,
With outtakes from the Shinsengumi series, which is both a real joy and a horrible pain to watch.
A bit of acted violence in video, but no blood.
You can watch the entire series online, simply called 'Shinsengumi', there are may versions with English subtitles,
my Japanese is ..alright, but pretty rusty. I hope the history enlightens more people to their journey and cause.
Hope you're resting in peace, all the proud men who fought and died.
- Kondō Isami
- Hijikata Toshizō
- Inoue Genzaburō
- Okita Sōji
- Nagakura Shinpachi
- Saitō Hajime
- Harada Sanosuke
- Tōdō Heisuke
- Sannan Keisuke