Life Dreamer
New Member
Hello,
I have been reading your experiences, some heartbreaking and some uplifting, and felt that I needed to offer my own voice. First let me thank you. I grew up in a very open home where past lives and reincarnation were openly discussed. I have only a few vague memories, but they are powerful and I greatly desire an unlocking of the door that keeps them hidden from my consciousness.
I am a wife and mother of four in a small midwestern town. I am also a student and will be a teacher by the end of the year. My husband is not terribly open to these sorts of things, so I was beside myself to find a forum where I can share and be heard. He is someone I have known before. Our relationship is one so old I can only guess that we have always been together in one way or another. He is strong and warm, but very practical. I suspect it is what draws me to him. We (and he felt it too) had that electric and life-altering feeling when we met and for the first year or so, we were also very psychicly linked.
Our story is long, but I have only one past memory in which I am certain he is present. I remember him as a great leader among a very ancient Scandinavian men. I was loved by him, but I was not the focus of his life. Many men surrounded and protected him and I was powerless in my position to assist him. The land was cold and the sun bright. I bid him farewell before a long diplomatic trip. I remember the way his skin felt on my cheek and the warmth of his fur-lined coats. I still get a chill when I hear that old Led Zepplin song, "Immigrant Song". My husband is the most important and tremendous of the souls I've met, but certainly not the only one I've shared a past with.
When I was in high school I had a science teacher that I am certain was with me in previous lives. I have a memory of him and I in a castle (he appeared quite different and it took me several days after the dream to work out his identity). I believe he may have been either a father or brother to me before, but also we were romantically linked at sometime as well. I cannot be more specific; I simply know. I don't know how, but I do. He was important enough that I have written about him many times and have tried to always know where he is in this life. He and I stayed in contact for about five years after I graduated, but I worried that he would pull away from me and I backed off. I am content to know where he is, but wish that I had the courage to write or call him. He is in his 60's now and I feel like time is running out. Mostly, I just miss him.
I have a memory of being escorted down a long staircase and being taken past a mirror and out onto slick cobblestone street into a carriage. I caught a glimpse of myself in the foyer mirror and was a 20ish young woman with dark hair and eyes. I believe that the setting was in Britain, possibly Victorian period. I wore a hat that was common during that time. The man on my arm loved me, but was not a suitor or husband. He may have been an older brother or cousin. In years pasti have come to believe that he was my science teacher. It is the way he smiled down at me as I carefully turned the corner into the lighted foyer that makes me believe this; the smile is the same.
I had that dream for the first time when I was in Kindergarten or about age six. I puzzled about itfor years, but when I met my science teacher, I knew. It is funny, but I deliberately pursued being placed in his class. I saw him once and felt a strange pain in my heart, but chalked it up to adolescence. Then, I had to make up a test from another class in his room so as not to hear the answers being discussed. I had a terrible time focusing on my work, because I could not take my eyes off of him. The next school year I registered for his class. I have wondered many times how different that year might have been had I taken a different class. He and I struck up a dialogue and we spent many a morning before and afternoon after school in his room just talking. I might not have survived that last year without him. I had already met my husband and was very deeply involved with him by that time. My teacher did not approve and worried that it would not work out. My husband is a good many years older than me, and at that time the age difference seemed unsurmountable. I wish I knew how my life has affected his. I guess I need to know that I mattered to him even in some small way. I am sometimes haunted by that feeling. Sometimes I feel like that feeling is a betrayal to my husband. I love him in ways only people who have experienced it can understand, but it does not change my need to be in this man's thought and feelings.
I have rambled on far too much for a first posting and hope that someone finds the kind of comfort in my words that I have found in all of yours.
Life Dreamer
I have been reading your experiences, some heartbreaking and some uplifting, and felt that I needed to offer my own voice. First let me thank you. I grew up in a very open home where past lives and reincarnation were openly discussed. I have only a few vague memories, but they are powerful and I greatly desire an unlocking of the door that keeps them hidden from my consciousness.
I am a wife and mother of four in a small midwestern town. I am also a student and will be a teacher by the end of the year. My husband is not terribly open to these sorts of things, so I was beside myself to find a forum where I can share and be heard. He is someone I have known before. Our relationship is one so old I can only guess that we have always been together in one way or another. He is strong and warm, but very practical. I suspect it is what draws me to him. We (and he felt it too) had that electric and life-altering feeling when we met and for the first year or so, we were also very psychicly linked.
Our story is long, but I have only one past memory in which I am certain he is present. I remember him as a great leader among a very ancient Scandinavian men. I was loved by him, but I was not the focus of his life. Many men surrounded and protected him and I was powerless in my position to assist him. The land was cold and the sun bright. I bid him farewell before a long diplomatic trip. I remember the way his skin felt on my cheek and the warmth of his fur-lined coats. I still get a chill when I hear that old Led Zepplin song, "Immigrant Song". My husband is the most important and tremendous of the souls I've met, but certainly not the only one I've shared a past with.
When I was in high school I had a science teacher that I am certain was with me in previous lives. I have a memory of him and I in a castle (he appeared quite different and it took me several days after the dream to work out his identity). I believe he may have been either a father or brother to me before, but also we were romantically linked at sometime as well. I cannot be more specific; I simply know. I don't know how, but I do. He was important enough that I have written about him many times and have tried to always know where he is in this life. He and I stayed in contact for about five years after I graduated, but I worried that he would pull away from me and I backed off. I am content to know where he is, but wish that I had the courage to write or call him. He is in his 60's now and I feel like time is running out. Mostly, I just miss him.
I have a memory of being escorted down a long staircase and being taken past a mirror and out onto slick cobblestone street into a carriage. I caught a glimpse of myself in the foyer mirror and was a 20ish young woman with dark hair and eyes. I believe that the setting was in Britain, possibly Victorian period. I wore a hat that was common during that time. The man on my arm loved me, but was not a suitor or husband. He may have been an older brother or cousin. In years pasti have come to believe that he was my science teacher. It is the way he smiled down at me as I carefully turned the corner into the lighted foyer that makes me believe this; the smile is the same.
I had that dream for the first time when I was in Kindergarten or about age six. I puzzled about itfor years, but when I met my science teacher, I knew. It is funny, but I deliberately pursued being placed in his class. I saw him once and felt a strange pain in my heart, but chalked it up to adolescence. Then, I had to make up a test from another class in his room so as not to hear the answers being discussed. I had a terrible time focusing on my work, because I could not take my eyes off of him. The next school year I registered for his class. I have wondered many times how different that year might have been had I taken a different class. He and I struck up a dialogue and we spent many a morning before and afternoon after school in his room just talking. I might not have survived that last year without him. I had already met my husband and was very deeply involved with him by that time. My teacher did not approve and worried that it would not work out. My husband is a good many years older than me, and at that time the age difference seemed unsurmountable. I wish I knew how my life has affected his. I guess I need to know that I mattered to him even in some small way. I am sometimes haunted by that feeling. Sometimes I feel like that feeling is a betrayal to my husband. I love him in ways only people who have experienced it can understand, but it does not change my need to be in this man's thought and feelings.
I have rambled on far too much for a first posting and hope that someone finds the kind of comfort in my words that I have found in all of yours.
Life Dreamer