• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

"Tiny" comes home?

Shiftkitty

Registered User
My husband raised a cat from being the rejected runt of the littler into a mass of muscular tabby named "Tiny". Tiny was an indoor/outdoor cat who was supposed to have died from feline AIDS (or whatever they call it) when he was two. He came through, so I guess the vet was wrong. Over his years he learned several tricks, like identifying several whistles for different things, such as simple "Come here" to "Chow time". He had very peculiar habits and could obey simple verbal commands and acted very human in many regards. He'd follow my husband around like a puppy and would walk through the house meowing for him if he had been gone too long. He would even "say grace" over his food dish as he would dip his head and close his eyes for a few moments before eating.

Tiny had his ninth and final kidney failure at about 25 or 26 years of age. He was phenomenally old, and it broke my husband's heart to put him down. In the end, though, Tiny knew it was time. He was cremated and sits on the TV now, where he can see the yard and the sunlight. This was back in 2003.

At the start of this last autumn, a skinny black kitten began taking shelter on our porch. He was spooky for the first, I'd say, 30 seconds, before he caught on that we weren't out to hurt him. Putting down heaping bowls of food didn't hurt, either. He quickly got used to us and we were able to take him in very soon. We thought he was a stray, but the vet we took him to for a check up (and "clipping", sorry, Mr. Kitty!) confirmed that he was a feral. He had never been owned, and she was surprised at how calm he was around us.

When we took him home again, he glommed onto my husband like nobody's business. There was instant snuggling and purring and, to our genuine surprise, he seemed to know all of Tiny's old tricks! He knows the old whistles, he follows my husband around like Tiny used to, knows the commands, and while he doesn't "say grace", he pauses at the food dish and looks at us for a moment before eating. He's very vocal when Will isn't around and I do find myself wondering; "Did Tiny come home?"
 
I've heard of other stories were people claim a pet returned to them, so possibly your old kitty is back. He seemed to have a very long and happy life at your house, why wouldn't you be his first choice of homes to return to. I've had cats and dogs with such unique traits that if I saw that again I'd be questioning whether that pet has come back also. It hasn't happened yet though......
 
What a sweet story! I think its totally possible you cat came back.


A couple years ago, one of my dogs died suddenly. It was really sad since I'd only adopted a couple weeks before and he'd had a awful life. About six months after he died, I adopted a new puppy and from the first I thought my new pup might possibly be my dog that had died. There was just something so...similiar. They even look eerily alike. ;)
 
At the risk of running afoul of the initial Agreement of the Forum, I'll couch my reply very carefully, and I'll weigh in as a plain old member, and not as a Moderator.


As a philosophical discussion, I believe in special cases in our lives, that this phenomena may occur, given the special bond we may have with one of them.


And IMHO, if Reincarnation occurs in Humans, what's to stop it from occurring in them, for very special reasons and occasions.


Perhaps God allows individual occurrences to happen, given the circumstances, but if anything, it was a refreshing story that warms you all over!
 
(I did verify that this topic was allowed, if that's what you mean. :) )


I believe that all creatures have souls and that none worth any more or less than any other. Animals, IMO, think on different levels than we do, and though we may be very attached to a particular animal, they may not reciprocate, heart-breaking as it may sound. I think most just don't comprehend the depth of human emotion. Critters, they're honest, they just aren't very deep!


An animal that reincarnates into a situation that reunites them with a human they once lived with must have a very deep connection, one so deep that loyalty even after death becomes instinct.


My chihuahua Rex was by best canine friend. I saw him born and I held him as he died. It would not surprise me if we met again, but I'm not a big "dog" person, so I don't know how likely that is.


But ultimately I know no more about animal reincarnation than I do about human reincarnation. As I see humans as just another animal in the kingdom, I see no reason to dismiss one while accepting the other.
 
We had a tabby cat for 8 years named Alvin. One night in 2007 we got a call that he had been run over out on the road ( we had a tag with our phone number on his collar ) I ran out to the corner and a man in a delivery truck had pulled over and he had taken my cat out of the road and put him in the grass by the walk. I went and stroked his fur, then suddenly Alvin seemed to heave a last breath. Both me and the truck driver saw this: suddenly a sort of mist rose out of his body. I turned to the truck driver and said "he just died". He nodded his head. It was as though the cat's spirit had just lifted from his body at the moment of death. Sometimes when I am in the kitchen or sitting in my chair, I think I see the shadow of a cat walking across the floor. I do think that "Alvin" is still around.
 
Shiftkitty, What an interesting story and Thanks for Sharing! I myself have heard a few stories like this thru the years.


Maybe 'Tiny' did come back 'Home'. Wishing You the Best!
 
Back
Top