• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

What was the best time of your soul's whole history?

Sarellah

Member
I think I had a good past life...I had a lot of family and friends and stuff to do...But I don't remember ever falling in love in my last life, and I'd have to say those times in this life were better than any in my last life :D
 
I've remembered a lot of the time in ww2 france and every dream I'm really happy. I haven't dreamt much from before then so what I did must feel important for me to remember.


I've also had a previous life in spain-I must have been happy there because I've always felt a draw to live there this life. I've had a lot of hppi ess and bits of not so this life, so maybe each one has a mixture.
 
Interesting question...though a little broad. Best from an improvement aspect or from a happiness standpoint or from a fulfilling loving experience...further definition is required because each one has distinctly clear benefits to the soul and from that standpoint there is no way we hold the perspective they have.


I had a recent past life which had a fulfilling emotional and loving experience which holds patterns and desires I intend to find in this lifetime, though it was a dramatically short and tragic lifetime...I believe I learned a lot in that brief time, though it didn't allow a long term sojourn on this plane. My most accomplished lifetimes were during the formation of the United States and much earlier in way ancient Egypt, but they were remarkable for different reasons...in one I was a positive influence and remembered that way while the other I was a negative influence but was right. In my most recent past life wherein I died in the allied invasion of Italy, I extended the lives of my platoon by a few days...despite bearing a sense of failure, I have been made to realize, by those who were there and with whom I am in contact now, that but for my actions, all of us would have been dead within minutes and without another seventy two hours to talk and come to terms with the inevitable...a bond was formed between us as doomed humans which has carried forward to this day. I am not saying I did anything other than hold their respect long enough to get them to a narrow and shallow defile which would enable us to not be immediately and easily hit...and my resolve and hope and calm kept them from going berserk as caged rats, despite that being exactly what we were.


In another lifetime I was a simple fisherman on the Mediterranean coast of France...very happily married to my current ex-fiance and our son was the guy now pictured to the left...I can't imagine a simpler, finer, more fulfilling lifetime than that from my current perspective, though I know there were issues I had difficulty with as I lived that life...at a time when our peers had six to ten kids we had one...but what a one! Another story.


So, I guess I am asking what specifically is it you are seeking to find with your question? What aspect of "best time" were you referring to?
 
I want to know what sticks out to people...what the soul seeks...what I should seek...lol


Not like I don't already know :P I should just follow my heart and take my mind with me...
 
I think what every soul seeks must be as different as two snowflakes. For me, the most important thing is giving and receiving love, although I know that sounds trite. Every decision, and every turn in my path has been informed by the need to cultivate loving relationships, primarily with the men in my life, and my children. My strongest memories from past lives involve deep devotion to a partner, and a kind of bone-deep contentment. I think the eternal soul "signature" must remain fairly constant. In this life, I have mostly been a homemaker, but I find that deeply creative and fulfilling, and I have no regrets about my chosen path. About this life, and the others I remember - they had ups and downs, tragedies and comic relief. As the old Sinatra song says, "That's Life".
 
True and thanks for sharing :)


What do I seek? Well my INTP personality seeks general philosophies and objectivity. My INFP personality seeks people who counsel me and people who I can counsel with unique wisdom.
 
BriarRose said:
My strongest memories from past lives involve deep devotion to a partner, and a kind of bone-deep contentment.
This really resonated for me BriarRose...though my self-described search as been to find my "connections" to others, it is more accurately a desire to find those souls incarnate with whom I can find that deep devotion...and your comment describing a "bone-deep contentment" sent tingles up my spine.

starrynight said:
Have you had any pull to the mediterranean this life?
Oh yes. Strongest in France (not surprisingly), Greece and Italy were comfortable, and Spain repels me dramatically. Odd, my time in Spain is significant in that over a period of about 18 months split fairly equally over the coastal regions of all those countries, I was ever only sick there...and each one included a hospital stay. Hmmm...I just realized that.


Turkey, the north and central Levant and northern Africa don't resonate for me, while the area now known as Israel, along with Sicily and Malta pull something fairly hard.
 
That's lovely usetawaz, at leasnt you know what makes your soul complete. Nothing wrong with being a homemaker-love being at home! You have to do what makes your soul happy. Taken me a long to realise, doing what others, though very well meaning, thought was right for me.


Interesting about being ill in spain. I have strong fe:coolelings for that place.
 
Hey! I'd love to be a homemaker, too! (joke...but I would...its just not been in the cards in a few lifetimes!)
 
I believe that in a past life I found a love as powerful as they come.


Because I have a real hard time to find it in this life. And I really try to be open. My brain wants to be casual and open to giving anyone a chance. But it's like I'm waiting for someone to walk into my life again.


It feels like I search for someone that I already know and that I'd rather spend the rest of my life on my own than with someone who's not him. And this is weird for someone who really don't think that you only have one soulmate.


I think that I have been a mother, more than once. I often dream that I am pregnant and I feel so much peace, and love when I do. I guess creating new life with someone you love is about as good as it gets.


And, if I'm who I think I was in one life I am really proud of what I fought for and accomplished as a politician.
 
I would love to hear which politician you were, Sara, when you feel like writing up your memories.


On the subject of love, I was playing with my new Kindle this morning, and down-loaded a short book on reincarnation. It was called "Soul DNA: Your Spiritual Genetic Code Defined" by Jennifer O'Neill. It is a simplistic book, but the chapter on relationships really resonated. The author talks about the fact that sometimes people waste years trying to make a relationship work that never will. The vibration of the two people involved may be too different. If the vibration is similar, everything "flows".


My Kindle and I are on our way to a love relationship, now that I have convinced it not to speak Chinese. :confused:
 
Good question, Sarellah.


I haven't had too many vivid or long memories of past lives, but I am always charmed by glimpses into what I'm fairly sure was a past life as a young girl in Wales. I think this is before the mid-19th century. I like the way the cottage looked and I feel very cozy and protected. I can see a cradle or crib, and a bed with a quilt. I have an older sister. My dad smokes a pipe. I think we were a farming family. There is a fireplace, of course. I can sort of smell the smells of dinner...like carrots and leeks in a stew, and maybe rabbit...not sure what kind of meat. I 'imagined' a name 'Laura Maddox' When it came to my mind...I thought...how silly...that's not a Welsh name. Then I looked it up and of course it is.
 
oh sara, don't know how old you are but there is always time to meet the right one. Funny about the bit being a mother. I sort of regret not having children this life but know have been a mum at least 2 pl's. Don't know whether was a good one. Last time was mother to my now husband. History to work through there!


Sara, my family from Wales, really interesting.
 
Welcome to the forum, BethC. Your memories are charming. You might be able to find Laura Maddox on ancestry.com. I don't have access to U.K. records, or I would look it up for you. I find that if a name pops into my mind - there's a reason!
 
Mine was near one hundred years ago (i know, i'm so old...) with my beloved husband in a gothic castle. When had dream about it was very sad and feels like miss this.
 
My happiest lives were the ones when I was immersed in the arts. The memories and feelings I have are strongly positive and inspiring. I know that I lived during the Romantic Era, probably in France, and I think I really thrived in that environment. A psychic friend told me who he thinks I was, a pretty well-known musician, but I have no idea if he's right about that part. The one thing I am sure of is that I was there, and I loved my life.


I also have strong feelings about the Renaissance and Ancient Greece. I am pretty sure that I was alive during those eras, and that I loved the art and philosophy and the changing times.
 
Happiness...


Here a couple of my happiest, most peaceful memories ...


Walking out into a courtyard in Brugge (ca. 1060 ), the warm salty sea air blowing through my long hair, feeling the locks softly caress my neck, and lifting my face to the wind taking a deep breath and thinking..." this moment, now... " ( This is something I still do, trying to catch a moment...now!)


Sitting in a rocking chair, nursing a tiny baby by a fire...feeling a love that only a mother could know...my bare feet on a semi-dirt floor. Love in it's purest form! ( I have no idea what year this could have been )


A warm summer morning, coming out of a house with a flower garden and petting my cat in the sun. The feeling of the soft material of my dress around my legs, cool compared to the heat of the morning sun. Having the feeling of being young and pretty. ( A small town near Yorkshire...1700's)
 
The feeling of nursing a baby has to be one of the best memories of any lifetime, Aelfgyva. Thank you! I will try to carry that memory into my next life.
 
Probably the one I had in the UK (Which is not yet written here)...


It might not have been much, and like any lifetime had it's fair share of heartache, but I had the best Dad of any lifetime. :)
 
Armada, I think it is very possible that the best lives are the ones where not very much happens - we live peacefully, and with people who love us, like the father you mentioned in your post. I am reminded of the ancient Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times!" Sadly, most times in human history seem to have been "interesting". Probably, all of us have memories of things that were very simple, but very dear to experience. Once, long ago, I went on a drive up "Angel Fire", a ski area outside Albuquerque, New Mexico. I remember watching my then- husband, standing looking over the side of the mountain, holding my two-year old daughter in his arms. I remember his blue sweater, and the clear, crisp air. I remember thinking about how much I loved them, and that no moment could ever be that perfect again. I will probably remember it in my next life. We would like to hear member's happy memories from PLs, as well as the "exciting" ones. Sometimes those simple memories tell us the most about being human.
 
I don't have any memories, but I have a very strong connection to small town, Midwestern Victorian life (think Walnut Grove from Little House on the Prairie!). I live in the Midwest in this lifetime, and we visited Old World Wisconsin when I was ten years old and it made me beyond happy. It's basically a giant, interactive, pioneer village. Also, there's a small mansion where I live that's a museum made up to look as it would have in the 1860s when it was built, and to be honest, going there can make a very stressful day into a very peaceful one. Just being around all of those old things relaxes me.


Last summer I was removing fences posts from one a horse pasture; I was hot, sweaty, and dirty, but I was all by myself with nothing but a field, trees, and birds to keeps me company. It was the most enjoyable work I've ever done. I like to think I lived on a farm in this part of the country a century and half ago. My parents also have an attraction to this type of lifestyle, and I imagine we were together than as we are now, but things were better. Sure, you might not have been very intelligent, your world didn't expand much further than your local Mercantile, but ... ignorance is bliss. You worked hard, everybody knew each other, religion kept most in line (not that you had the time to sin to very much anyway) and things were just incredibly simple. If that's a life I lived, I'd have to say it was one of the happiest. Of course, things might not have been as great as 'Walnut Grove,' but you get the general idea.
 
Probably the nameless one I call "The Dancing Girl" because she lived nowhere and went everywhere. When girls were getting married off at early ages, she danced her way through life until she met the guy she would settle down with, and they had a long and happy life together. She never lost her love for life. It continues to this day, even in my darkest hours.
 
My favorite past life is when I was a young baker/pastry chef in the Baroque Period in Germany (1661). I love sweets in this life (candy, donuts, you name it). My workplace was very warm and friendly and the whole village gave off a charming vibe.
 
Back
Top