• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Wishful thinking?

windows2thesoul

Probationary
The latest question from Shiftkitty got me thinking.
"Back in the 50's, with the "Bridey Murphy" case, some people threw "Come As You Were" parties, where you'd arrive in the persona of one of you past lives. If one was thrown today, who would you come as?"

And my answer was the Little Tramp.

Since I was a child I have been fascinated by the silent era, especially Charlie Chaplin films. When I use to have a collection of his movies I would watch and study them for hours. then I thought it would be fun to dress up like the little tramp. When I looked at a photo of myself and Chaplin I couldn't believe how much we looked alike (and I'm a girl). Even my friends and family were impressed. Chaplin's movies are very nostalgic to me and we have a lot in common, but I feel crazy saying that I might have been him. Perhaps we were related in some way, but even that sounds like wishful thinking. I did have dreams about the little tramp starting from his childhood and when he worked at keystone studios. But I'm afraid to get a past life regression...I know I shouldn't be but...maybe this is all just a silly dream.

Anywho, this is my story and I'm sticking to it. I hope to make many friends here and who knows, maybe you're a medium who can help me figure this out. :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Sincerely,
nightowl

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." -Charles Chaplin

Welcome, nightowl! Don't feel crazy. Somebody had to be Charlie Chaplin, right? Who says it couldn't have been you?

However, I would point out that it's very common to feel a connection to something, and then find out that there's some aspect to it you never imagined, something that resonates with your current life. For instance, maybe you weren't Charlie Chaplin himself (although you certainly could have been), but perhaps instead you were a friend of his...or his biggest fan...or there's something about his films which reminds you of that life in the early 1900s. In my own case, I remember my husband in my past life quite vividly (Thomas Carter), and for a while I thought he might have actually been reincarnated as the singer for the rock band U2. It turns out that, instead, my eighteenth-century husband and Bono share quite a number of things: birth month, birth place, occupation, singing range, hair color, and eye color. Plus, having met Bono in person a number of times, I've looked the singer straight in the eye, and thought to myself, Is this man my husband? And the answer was a resounding "no." Bono feels familiar to me because he reminds me of my husband on some subconscious level. Maybe something like that is happening with you and Charlie Chaplin -- that would be my best guess.

Anyway, don't feel strange...you are amongst people here who totally understand and commiserate. If you've had dreams that you were Chaplin, then I'd encourage you to learn about self-regression and see if you can uncover more. It'd be fairly simple to find out if it's a fantasy or not, this being such a recent and easily researched time period. However, in my personal experience, there is ALWAYS a core of truth to past-life memories, and with things that resonate in general. I'm willing to bet that, if you tried, you'd uncover something really interesting about a life at the turn of the century. How exciting!

Hello nightowl, welcome to the forum :)

There's nothing to fear in having a past life regression. If successful, you'd only be revealing something that is already there, something that has always been there, buried in your subconscious. It's obvious that the silent era movies are triggering something within you, and like J.Jay said, a regression may reveal that you were once a huge fan of Chaplin, or perhaps you were a friend of his, or maybe you worked close to him in the film studio? Of course, it is possible that you were the great man himself, but it's always good to widen the goalposts a bit while you try to discover who you once were. Don't forget that there were a lot of actors who tried to emulate Chaplin's style, maybe you were one of those? The possibilities are great, you should explore them :)

Hope you enjoy the forum

Chris

Thank you for your help! For a while I was beginning to regret posting here, but you two have made me feel welcome. I feel the warm energy from this forum so I shall kick off my shoes and stay. ;)

Whatever the case it might be, I shall look into my heart and soul to find out the truth. I know I was sent here to create movies and to help people laugh but haven't found the right people to work with. It is possible that I could have been his brother, or a close friend who worked with Chaplin. The possibilities are endless!

Please keep in touch!

Sincerely,

nightowl

Nightowl, your post immediately brought me back to a book I read many years ago, and while it had nothing to do with Charlie Chapman, there was a corrollary in the "tramp" aspect. I think it was "The Diary of a Supertramp" and it was a wonderfully written account of the time and place from the realistic lifestyle instead of Chaplin's entertainment.

I agree with both Jay and Chris; first, Jay's comment that what resonates may be coming from a different source or angle (I thought I was being guided to reconcile with a former fiance, but I was actually intended to see the effect she had on me back in the day and to find it in the here and now)...look at it and see what else feels right; then Chris's comment that there is nothing to fear...I agree whole heartedly. Whenever I have done self-hypnosis or meditation or even talked to a reader I have gotten nothing but a sense of self-affirmation, positive reinforcement and unconditional love...often lasting several hours aftewards. No bad experiences ever...from an ego standpoint, it is all you and wonderfully gratifying and I've been guided to minimize only the pride aspect of the good turns I've done, but the warm glow of making the right moves along the line are worthy of a true sense of accomplishment.

Once more, I have taken snippets and pasted together my impressions and what seems to come from somewhere beyond myself, based loosely on the topic at hand. I apologize if they are not directly on point, but I felt it might help someone in the right frame of mind. Love you all, or y'all, in the south.

I wish to welcome you to this forum Nightowl. I also thank you for coming forward with the belief that you are possibly reincarnated from Charlie Chaplin. I appreciate you being open about that.

Do you have any specific memories of being Charlie Chaplin? Do you have any "concrete"?

Respectfully,

Andrewx

If we have a case of doppelgangers, I would encourage both of you to do regression work, possibly visiting a medium. I would also say that you two should talk to each other. Share experiences. You likely have a lot in common and might have known each other around the time period.

If we have a case of doppelgangers, I would encourage both of you to do regression work, possibly visiting a medium. I would also say that you two should talk to each other. Share experiences. You likely have a lot in common and might have known each other around the time period.

Thank you for the good advice:)
Unfortunately however it looks as though she isn't online anymore:(

Back