• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Does anyone remember their death?

Death PL memories

Another thread got me to wondering how many of us who have PL memories actually remember how we died or have at least witnessed the death scene? I have memories from a few different lives:
1. WWII Germany
2. Victorian era
3. Some ancient Roman, Atlantean, or who knows where culture (but there were water pipes, so I have suspected Rome or a Roman controlled area)
4. Native American

While I have "pulls" to the Native American life, the only full memory I have was the post death scene. I was observing from above. I have no idea how I died, but that's the only scene I have from that life.

While I assume I died in a concentration camp during WWII, I haven't witnessed what happened. As for the other two, I'm at a COMPLETE loss.

So my major question is:

1. does it seem more common that you first see your death scene and then more of that particular life follows at other times?
  2. do you see more life scenes and then eventually see your death scene?
  3. have you ever seen your death scene?
  4. or other?

Input please.

My First memory of each life has always started with a highly detailed in my face moment of death. Maybe I have remembered other lives with less dramatic endings, but the visions of dying in my sleep didn’t get my attention.

Hi MoonDansyr,

I've been seeing the moments leading up to my death for many years in my dreams, but it's only recently (within the last few days) that I managed to get beyond that and experience my actual death. Since that happened I've had momentary flashbacks and "feelings" from happier times in that particular life. Getting through the trauma of seeing my own death seems to have opened the door to the rest of that life for me.

Chris :)

Hi MoonDansyr,

I'd say it's been a different experience with each life and it doesn't really follow a pattern -- at least for me.

Rarely has a memory started with my death, although in a couple of instances it has.

How I see that "final" moment changes frequently, too. Sometimes I've only had flashes of my death -- at other times, I've experienced it in full. Occasionally, I've witnessed the death from a third party perspective.

Fascinating things, these memories!

Yeah. That thread got me thinking too.

I've had dreams that are taking place in the American slavery times, that have me as a young slave girl. I know without having seen it that I died young, but the funny thing is, I keep getting the feeling that I expected it and kind of even wanted to. I think I was about 14 and that it had something to do with childbirth. I've dreamed about being in labor during that time, but not about the actual dying.

Now the one vivid death dream scene...scared the hell outta me! It seems like it's in the American old west (I say that based on the manner of dress and the house), which could've been a life either before or after the time of slavery, because both things were happening concurrently in different areas of the country for awhile. In the dream I have a brother and our parents were chasing us and rounding us up to the express purpose of hanging us. They were drunk and thought it was funny. I was in my body until the actual moment of death, when I flew out of my body and observed my brother and I hanging from the tree. I tell you...I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep.

So I guess my answer to your questions is no, I do not usually dream directly of death except for that one instance. Truthfully, I hope it stays that way. Scary stuff.

I have regressed to my death several times, Im not so sure the exact moment of death, but i saw what lead up to it. I died sometime in 1947 or 48, at the end i was in and out of the hospital. I feel i was 1. an alchoholic,or atleast i abused alchohol. 2. abused prescription drugs. 3. severely depressed. Im not sure if any of those things lead to why i was in the hospital in the first place. meaning i dont know if it was just an illness or something else. I dont really think that part is really relevent to my souls healing though. I think me finnally being able to let go of my guilt and regrets, that plagued me at the time of my death was what was really important. and since whitnessing the few hospital scenes i felt so much more, i dont know, wise? I felt like even now i could let go of unimportant things and focus on what truley is important. and also i am completely unafraid of death. Its not longer the end of the line, just an exit to a new one.

-brant

Wow! Thank you everybody for your responses... I guess we're all a scramble on what we see, huh?

patrick, I do find it interesting that all of your first memories have started out with the "in your face" death scenes. Is there any way to connect these deaths to find a "lesson" from them? Something that you need to learn not to repeat?

ChrisR - - if I remember right, you're referring to the volcano life (or death)? I'm glad you've been experiencing some more happier memories since the full-on death memory.

Ailish, I find it interesting that you see the death scenes from different perspectives. Any ideas on why?

sims2lover~ Whoa! That '60's memory is incredibly traumatic!! I'd say that'd scare the dickens out of me, too!!! Have you noticed (or realized) anything from that carrying over? Do you find it hard to trust? Do you have any neck or throat ailments? Do you hate trees? *L* (I'm really quite serious.) As for the slavery and childbirth death - -have you had issue with that in this life?

Ah Hippy - - I love your insights.
I think me finnally being able to let go of my guilt and regrets, that plagued me at the time of my death was what was really important.
I think you hit the nail on the head with that statement! But while I'm not at all afraid to die in this life, I am happy with the way things are (who my family and friends are right now) and I'm not ready to change that just yet. Kind of like changing jobs or changing schools - - if that makes sense.

Now for another question... have any of you been able to figure out why you've seen your memories in the order you've received them? I think Hippy and Chris are onto something.

I have memories of death in several of my past lives. One that I think effects me most in the present life, is when I was a soldier, marching through the snow, feeling very cold and tired, and I was just trying to keep on moving, meanwhile watching the deserted surroundings looking for something, anything, that would burn so that I could make a fire and warm myself a bit, but there was nothing, just a desolate white landscape. Finally I just couldn't go on anymore, I fell in the snow, the last thing I saw was the feet of other soldiers who were also trying to keep moving, I guess they were all too tired and numb to even notice I had fallen. And then I just passed out and died, my last thoughts being: I don't wan't to walk anymore.

I think this is the life just prior to the present one, and for several years already, I have a back injury, for which I also had surgery, and I have difficulties walking long distances now. I guess I am experiencing exactly what I was wishing for at the time of my death....

Eevee

Hi MoonDansyr,

Ailish, I find it interesting that you see the death scenes from different perspectives. Any ideas on why?

Absolutely. It was a technique I learned very early on from my friend's mum. I found when Frances was teaching me this -- it was already something I was doing occasionally on my own.

If you remember an incident in the first-person, you tend to re-experience the event, how everything unfolded. You’re wrapped up in the emotions, so you don’t reflect on the event and the overall meaning. Third person viewing -- allows you to detach from the re-experiencing and see the incident unfolding from a different perspective.

I've shared this on the forum before -- but I will explain using my life as Jessica to illustrate....

When I did a regression to one of my lives in Ireland, the cause of death was starvation. In that life I knew the cause, I was aware of what was happening, and death was pretty much a relief. For me, there was no left-over emotion about how I died.

In my life as Jessica, I had no idea what happened. One moment I was walking down the street holding my mother's hand. I let go because I saw a friend across the street. I waved, stepped towards the street, and then there was just excruciating pain.

I didn't know at that point that I had been hit by a car because I never saw it coming. I was terrified. I could hear people screaming, hear the activity going on around me, but I couldn't see anything at all. I remember my mother crying and talking to me. I remember her touching me. I desperately wanted to see her, but I couldn't. My eyes felt like someone had dumped mud into them. I couldn't move, or speak, and I was so scared.

When the regressionist asked me to step back and become an observer, I saw the car, the people around it and in the middle of it all I saw the little girl, crumpled like a broken doll in the street, covered in blood, her mother holding her, also covered in blood. I realized at that point that the reason the little girl could not see was that her eyes were filled with blood, as her head had sustained most of the injuries, and her face was badly damaged.

Viewing Jessica's death in the third person -- gave me a clearer understanding of what had happened. I was calm and accepting while I watched it. It was very healing....although I still hate crossing busy streets : angel

Ailish

Ailish~

Reading Jessica's incident almost made me cry!

As I just mentioned earlier to Hippy - - I'm not at all afraid to die, but I am enjoying my life at the moment and losing those I love, even if only temporarily, just makes me grieve.

But, I guess that's how I saw the Native American life and while I felt sorry for the male, I wasn't wrapped-up in the emotion.

MoonDansyr said:
Now for another question... have any of you been able to figure out why you've seen your memories in the order you've received them?

I think my death was simply too traumatic for me personally. I'd wake up from my dream at the same point everytime, just before my death. (and yes you're right MoonDansyr, it was the volcano death...you have a good memory! :D ) It was very hard for me to see my death, and like Ailish, I somehow experienced it as my past life self, and third person both at the same time. Has this happened to anyone else?

Hi MoonDansyr,

Yes, indeed I do. :eek:

And I also will never visit Eastern European countries, Germany is as far east as you can get me, lol. (I think this happened in Russia or Poland or so).

MoonDansyr said:
sims2lover~ Whoa! That '60's memory is incredibly traumatic!! I'd say that'd scare the dickens out of me, too!!! Have you noticed (or realized) anything from that carrying over? Do you find it hard to trust? Do you have any neck or throat ailments? Do you hate trees? *L* (I'm really quite serious.) As for the slavery and childbirth death - -have you had issue with that in this life?

I probably jumbled that whole response together...that hanging dream isn't taking place in the 60's, but rather appears from the manner of dress and the house nearby, to be in the American old West. I'll go back and edit. ;)

I do find it hard to trust and I have a hard time getting attached to people...although once I do get attached, I REALLY do. Lol it's kinda all or nothing for me. Interesting about the neck because I cannot stand for people to put their hands near my neck for any reason and I've always been terrified of breaking my neck...I hate when tv or movies shows those kind of scenes. I don't hate trees themselves, but I also never had a desire to climb them...was always so afraid to fall.

As far as the slavery times and those dreams...no I haven't much had any childbirth fears, and I strongly feel it's because in that time I wasn't scared to die...that in fact, it was almost a relief. I know...strangeness. Lol.

Chris, I remembered because I have a suspicion about my own past and a volcano (Mt. Vesuvius).

Evee~ I understand that. Have you ever considered biting the bullet (bad pun) and going east? I had to do that with the WWII documentaries and movies. Now I do okay with them, but until I forced it, I would change the channel or leave the room, as I would begin to feel physically ill.

sims, thank you for answering. After I asked all of those questions I thought I might be getting too personal. *please anyone, if I get too personal, just say so, I'll understand!* As far as trust goes, I can understand! Being hanged by those you'd expect to trust more than anyone else would definitely put a damper on that. I can relate to the neck/throat thing. Up until I was an adult, I couldn't wear a turtleneck. I can't *stand* for anyone to touch my neck or throat now and I even developed hypothyroidism in the last five years. It makes me wonder what lurks in my past with my neck.

Ailish, I forgot to ask you about your eyes or head. Have you had any eye problems or anything like migraines?

And this is to everyone: for those physical attributes that you can contribute to a PL, did it clear-up once you realized why?

MoonDansyr said:

Evee~ I understand that. Have you ever considered biting the bullet (bad pun) and going east? I had to do that with the WWII documentaries and movies. Now I do okay with them, but until I forced it, I would change the channel or leave the room, as I would begin to feel physically ill.

I also get that with volcano's, I can't stand to watch anything to do with them on tv, whether it's on the news, or a movie, I have to change the channel

MoonDansyr said:
And this is to everyone: for those physical attributes that you can contribute to a PL, did it clear-up once you realized why?

I have asthma, maybe that's because I died with lungs full of burning ash? I don't think that's going to clear up anytime soon :( And maybe my fear of thunder and lightning came from my past life? I have overcome that now though ;)

Ailish, I forgot to ask you about your eyes or head. Have you had any eye problems or anything like migraines?

Funny enough, my "soft spot" never fully closed over and is very sensitive to touch. If someone lightly presses on it I get shooting pains through my head and eyes.

Also -- I have a crack in my skull that runs down the front of my forehead. It's nothing you can see -- but you can feel it. ;)

No problems with migraines or eyes, luckily :)

wow lots of activity on this thread.

Moon: same here, im not afraid of death, ill just be sad to leave the life i have now. But then i know ill be with them again somewhere down the line, in some other combination of a relationship.

You guys are talking about perspective. Perspective is one of the strangest things in my regressions, becuase i always remain first person, until something bad happens (usually). same with my freinds who have done it. why does everyone see things in first person? i mean i know why, but to a skeptic i think thats something interesting to chew on.
the first time, or two i regressed to the "hospital" scenes i was in third person. i was watching her laying in the bed, and watching it from afar. then one time i wasnt in third person, and saw the same room just from the other direction, inside her body. Then i went into convulsions in the r. and in real life my jaw locked up, and i stiffened and cried and cried, then in the r. a nurse came in but did nothing, went through my things and stole from me. I dont know why i was in first person that time, and 3rd the others. same with the birth of my daughter, i started in 3rd person, then moved to 1st then i felt the pain, and had the uncontrolled abdomal contractions. I guess perspection is just a way to protect us from physical pain?

this is a very interesting thread!

-Brant

Really interesting thread. Since the overwhelming majority of my PL memories came through Instant Knowledge or Imprinting, I don't have a clue about any of my deaths. If this life is any indication, since I'm a loner and an introvert, I wonder if that would reduce the probability of traumatic endings.

John

Hi again MoonDansyr,

Well, I already 'forced' it somewhat by going on vacation in Germany a few years ago (before that I even had an aversion to Germany). I had a great time there !
But you see, traveling is rather expensive, and then I also have this walking problem, so I am not really eager to spend money and energy on going somewhere that I have an aversion of. I feel I better spend my vacations in places where I LIKE to go :D .

And as for healing, I sort of got used to my 'problem', and I keep walking and moving as much as I can, to stay as flexible as possible. (I take my dog for a walk twice a day, even when it's cold :) ).

John,

I don't think a death needs to be 'traumatic' to be remembered. I also remember dying from a long illness when I was a 12 year old girl of a rather wealthy family in Victorian England. I was taken good care of till the end. And when death came, I simply felt myself slipping away, and then I watched the other people in the room (parents, a doctor and my personal nurse) and I could feel their and my relief that it was finally over. I didn't die in pain, I only got weaker and weaker till my body gave up I guess.

Eevee

HI Kat,

So my major question is:

• does it seem more common that you first see your death scene and then more of that particular life follows at other times?
  • do you see more life scenes and then eventually see your death scene?
  • have you ever seen your death scene?
  • or other?

I do remember how I died in my last three life times. I froze to death in a snow drift, I was hung for a crime I did not commit, and I died of ovarian cancer. In all three -I experience it as if I am right there, as if it is my now...in the current moment. It is not just a matter of seeing it. Then - in all three cases I have viewed it from above the body.

My experiences have changed my POV about death. Death is a letting go, a release of the physical, a way into healing; it is a new beginning, a transition into new possibilities.

Eevee said:
Hi again Kat,

Well, I already 'forced' it somewhat by going on vacation in Germany a few years ago (before that I even had an aversion to Germany). I had a great time there !
But you see, traveling is rather expensive, and then I also have this walking problem, so I am not really eager to spend money and energy on going somewhere that I have an aversion of. I feel I better spend my vacations in places where I LIKE to go :D .
That makes perfect sense ;-)

Eevee said:
And as for healing, I sort of got used to my 'problem', and I keep walking and moving as much as I can, to stay as flexible as possible. (I take my dog for a walk twice a day, even when it's cold :) ).
That's good! ;)

Deborah said:
I do remember how I died in my last three life times. I froze to death in a snow drift, I was hung for a crime I did not commit, and I died of ovarian cancer. In all three -I experience it as if I am right there, as if it is my now...in the current moment. It is not just a matter of seeing it. Then - in all three cases I have viewed it from above the body.
Jiminy Cricket! Were these the first images you saw of these particular lives, or did these images come after you were already aware of them?

Deborah said:
My experiences have changed my POV about death. Death is a letting go, a release of the physical, a way into healing; it is a new beginning, a transition into new possibilities.
What was your former view?

Eevee said:
I have memories of death in several of my past lives. One that I think effects me most in the present life, is when I was a soldier, marching through the snow, feeling very cold and tired, and I was just trying to keep on moving, meanwhile watching the deserted surroundings looking for something, anything, that would burn so that I could make a fire and warm myself a bit, but there was nothing, just a desolate white landscape. Finally I just couldn't go on anymore, I fell in the snow, the last thing I saw was the feet of other soldiers who were also trying to keep moving, I guess they were all too tired and numb to even notice I had fallen. And then I just passed out and died, my last thoughts being: I don't wan't to walk anymore.

Eevee,

The first thought is World War II, but do you think you might have been one of Napoleon's soldiers's during the retreat from Russia in 1812/13? There's also the war between Poland and Russia in the 1920s when this kind of thing took place.

My most recent life, I died in bed. But in an earlier life, early 1800s, I died of starvation and/or illness in a doorway in a London or Paris street.

Lonewolf

Well, in fact I got this memory when watching a tv series on the life of Napoleon. The scene I was watching was when the soldiers were marching in a green landscape in spring, but suddenly I got so cold and found myself on the march I described in winter. So I think there is certainly the possibility that I was remembering Napoleon's army, although I wouldn't dismiss the thought of WWII either. I tried to identify the uniform, but it was all blurry,all I could remember was that it seemed greyish, but I don't know if that was the original colour, or if it was just dirty.

Some bizarre thought often crossed my mind since I had this memory. Suppose I was a german soldier in WWII. My present life parents (we live in Belgium) really feared and suffered from 'the germans'. My childhood was full of 'horror stories' they told me about the War.
If I was I german soldier, maybe there is/was some karma in the fact that after the war, they gave birth to the soul of one of their former 'enemies'.....

I would have rather been a soldier under Napoleon then...

Eevee

Twice I have found out about a past life through a dream about my death. Later I have remembered more, but it has started with the death scene. Of one other past life I recalled my death only after I already knew a great deal of other things about that life.

I think dying is always an important moment and thus it can be a stronger memory than many others.

Karoliina

Experiencing death...

Hello everyone. I have had some strange memories and experiences that I have spent my life trying to make sense of. It's not just about past "lives" though, so much as past "deaths".

I have had dreams of death that are so vivid that it feels real. I wake up feeling tingly, paralyzed, or even with pain in certain parts of my body. This sense of actually experiencing it distinguishes the "death dreams" from regular dreams, for me. These dreams also do not end with the moment of death, but with the sensation of leaving my body. I had at least two distinct death dreams that recurred throughout childhood, and have had several others since throughout my life.

The thing is, many people who recount past lives remember details such as the time period, location, their name or people they knew in that life, etc. I remember nothing except perhaps what I was wearing at the time of death and what I was doing at that moment. My "memories" are more like strong feelings and physical sensations, not so much "stories" of past events.

I'm sure no one can really answer this, but why am I so obsessed with death and the dying process? What does this say about me psychologically, and how can I overcome it?

Hi traveler,

Welcome :)

I remember nothing except perhaps what I was wearing at the time of death and what I was doing at that moment.
That makes sense to me -- since the transition is one of the last things you experience, the memory is usually quite vivid. Not everyone remembers a past life the same way.

how can I overcome it?

The following threads may be of interest to you:

Can the soul "Heal" from past life trauma & fear?

Trauma at the Moment of Death

Depending on how much the memories are affecting you -- you may consider trying a meditation, or perhaps going to a session with a professional regressionist.

Be sure to check out the Forum's FAQ Section -- there are a lot of helpful posts in there. ;)

Best of luck,

Ailish

Welcome to the Forum, traveler.

Ailish has already given you wonderful links and information.

I haven't personally had any memories of my PL deaths - - but from those I've read about, yours seems to fit right in.

traveler said:
I'm sure no one can really answer this, but why am I so obsessed with death and the dying process? What does this say about me psychologically, and how can I overcome it?

You say you're obsessed - - is this something you think about frequently, or are you saying that because it has been in your dreams occasionally?

I don't know what this says about you psychologically - - have you considered talking to a professional? I know some people feel weird about talking to a professional, but they're wonderful for giving objective, outside perspective. Further, it's their job to help. Give it some thought, if this is something that is really bothering you.

Thanks for the links, Ailish. I found the one on death trauma very interesting. It makes sense that the moments of death can form imprints that stay with us, moreso than moments of life. At least it makes sense in terms of my personal experience.

Moondansyr, I'm not sure I should have used the term "obsessed" over death. You are right that they are dreams that happen only occasionally. It's not like I'm always thinking about it.

However, some of them are recurring dreams and even those that haven't been have felt so "real" they affected me for a long time afterward. It seems every time I feel I have "assimilated" one and learned what I needed to about the experience, I have a new dream. I feel like my life has been marked by these dreams which keep cropping up. I guess that is part of what I need to work on in this life, but I wish it could be something more positive. Then again, if I get over it now, maybe I won't carry on the effects of these memories to another life.

Back