• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Freezing the Frame of a Past Life

deborah

Director Emerita
Staff member
Super Moderator
I was wondering if anyone here has done a regression or a meditation where they were able to Freeze the Frame of their experience during a past life review.

According to one regressionsist this allows the soul to identify details of the experience from a 360 degree viewpoint.

One of the things I hear often here on the forum, and I know it has happened to me as well - is that we get flashes or images that move to quickly to always get details. Evidently this technique helps to clarify the little things.

I have used a slowing down process - which is an OBE technique by William Buhlman, where the person states "I need clarity know" and the vision or OBE will come into better and full focus. It seems to me that Freeze Framing is an exercise in consciousness control. Perhaps another approach -- in order to better harness TIME - and our experiences of it.

Yes, I've been able to do that with some memories from the Will Kempe life - I'm not able to get at these memories by meditating, but they come to me spontaneously. Sometimes, when everything seems to go too fast, as you said, I can replay the scene in my mind later and "press the pause button" and freeze the frame whenever I need it to get a look around. It never worked with any of the memories from the other lifetimes, probably because most of them aren't detailed enough, I guess...

Interesting thought about "Freeze Framing" being an exercise in conscious control - yes, that makes a lot of sense! It's quite good to know that you can do such a thing because it makes you stop worrying about not getting all the details, the memory flash being over too quickly, etc...

Hi Deborah,

Interesting that you ask this question ! Because this is how I mostly get my spontaneous memories. I use to describe it like 'slowing down the movie'.
You see, I realised long time ago, that when we are thinking about, or describing something, that happened in the past of our current life, I see the images of that particular event in my mind. But sometimes...an image drops in that doesn't belong to that memory ! The moment I realise this, I learned to 'slow down the movie in my head'. It takes some concentration, but once you know how to do it, it comes easy. This way I was often able to visualise a PL scene.

For me, the hardest part is not the 'slowing down', I can rather easily freeze the momentary frames. What I find more difficult, is to 'extend' the memory. Meaning, when I slowed down and watched the unusual scene in detail, I would like to see MORE...to see how it goes further, but I am mostly not able to remember more. It takes concentrating later in meditation or so, on the remembered scene, and sometimes, but not often, I get more later.

Eevee

I'm also very glad you asked the question...

To answer you, No. I have never been able to "freeze frame" any reincarnation experience. I'm not sure how I could do that.

I can think apart from it, like a vivid dream, but the dream always continues. I can also will myself out of it, but I was never ever able to "freeze" the frame. :(

Hi,

I think I've done that once that I'm aware of with a past-life memory, and once with a current-life memory. I should probably practice it and try thinking about doing so more often. In the case of the past-life memory, I think I was able to get some scenery that I wasn't actually paying attention to during that point in the past life. In the current-life memory, I took a scene I had one image from, then tried rotating what I could see, and I remembered some buildings and a field that I had forgotten about.

I've never been able to squeeze any more details out of my past-life glimpses. Recently I ran across a recording of a tune played on a single bagpipe. With help from a friend in England I was able to track down the name and lyrics of the tune, and figure out what the situation must have been (a Scottish military funeral, where I was standing at attention side-by-side in a row of people attending, either recently deceased and didn't know it, or possibly a child in attendance not sure of what was going on).

But the point is I could play that song over and over, and most times I played it I could still get the same feeling-glimpse. But I could never get any more out of it no matter how many times I played it.

Same with the other glimpses I've had.

Steve S.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and your thoughts. It's an interesting approach.

If anyone gives this a try and is successful - let me know. I might try it in the future. Just no free time at the moment.

Titus - I brought this up for you ..... Charles Richards Ph.D. uses this in his regressions in order to obtain more details and information. He has a book out titled Karmic Relationships.

Hi everyone :) .........

Interesting post Deborah hun :thumbsup: . Sorry for bringing up a older post but I figured why not?? :D ........

Anyways, when ever I have had a past life experience/vision I tend to just let it occur naturally without trying to manipulate it at all (slowing it down for example) so I have no idea if this would work for me. However I can freeze the MEMORY of said experience later on to catch more details and the like........

I have not tried moving my point of view in a 360 degree manor but it is certainly an interesting idea. I wonder if it would be easier to do this if one's past life vision was from the perspective of ones own past life body? That way you could just "look around" in a natural way; the way you are normally used to......

Might have to try it sometime. Thanks for posting this hun :)......

Peace & Love.........

I haven't tried to freeze the frame of a past life memory -- but I do slow it down. It's something I've always done automatically when I want to get a good look around. I blame it entirely on my curious nature. : angel

Sometimes I find it easy -- like when I'm looking around the house, or my room...or looking at a person's face. I get quite vivid detailed memories. The hardest part for me is slowing down events that are extremely emotional in nature -- it's kind of like my little soul is just anxious to get on through that particular moment. :rolleyes: :eek:

I'd love to give it a go sometime. Perhaps I'll try it during a meditation on one of the lives I am currently working on. ;)

Ailish

I've never considered the possibility of freezing my memories, although sometimes I seem to focus on certain parts, and the memory movie will slow down. But I figured that happened because I'm very detail orientated, and tend to be a thorough and plodding thinker. I've been told that I talk painfully slow. So maybe how we process our PL images, memories, and experiences is related to how our mind normally functions.

John

So maybe how we process our PL images, memories, and experiences is related to how our mind normally functions.

That's a really interesting thought, John. I can tell you that I am a fast, energetic speaker, complete with gestures :laugh: I am a quick thinker, too.

I am high energy, always on the go. I am a multi-tasker who is not happy unless I have five projects happening at once. When I meditate, though -- I can easily bring everything to a halt, slow down and focus with clear intent.

I'll bet my brain thanks me for the break : angel

I almost got exhausted reading your rely Ailish! I wasn't that high energy even when I was younger. But the slowing down part is interesting, and might explain why I usually end up asleep at the end of my meditations.

John

Have any new members had this experience?

Have you run across this term in your research?

What do you think?

Back