Is there anyone who draws or does oil painting?

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by sunflowers, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Ileana

Ileana Member

Looks really good, I try my best at pencil drawing. I love drawing mostly been colourisations and such of black and white photos. But also watercolourings and pencils drawing. Mostly things that pops up in my head and doddles a bit. If I focus something I hardly draws good. But love it still none the less. It is my go to when I feel down, after all it reveals things and gives an outlet for ones mind.

2. Angie Brown

Angie Brown Senior Registered

Same here :)

3. Angie Brown

There are water based oil colours now which dry faster than usual oils but slower than acrylics. Great thing is you can blend both water based oils and acrylics. Maybe gouache and water colours too, and of course use different types of paints for different things and for different effects in the same picture.

Mind, all paints are expensive, even if you just buy the basic rainbow colours and mix your own colours and shades. However, the good news if you haven't seen is that you tube has so many excellent video tutorials, many using less expensive pencils, and pen and ink to amazing and satisfying effect :)

4. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

I draw and paint in most mediums, but my favourite is oils. I do mostly animals and wildlife. It's a hobby rather than a profession, although I do sell cards and prints occasionally. Years ago I did a portrait of one of the soldiers from my past, but as he was in SS uniform I felt guilty about it and destroyed it. I regret that now. I've never tried a self-portrait from those days, but that might be an idea.

Angie Brown and inhaltslos like this.
  5. GalaxyDreamer90

GalaxyDreamer90 Senior Member

Thanks I might want to look into those. I usually do more drawing and illustration then painting but I do like painting as well.

Angie Brown likes this.
  6. Angie Brown

Yesterday, I saw 'leaf art'. Amazing. I called up more on google images :)