• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Last life Civil War

Jet

I have come to the conclusion that I had my last life in the South during the Civil War.
When I was a child I had a vision of this mansion where I lived. I drew pictures of it as well as two headstones and drew the name Sarah on one and John on the other.

When I met my husband he told me he insisted to his family that his name was John even though John was not his name.

I have a real fixation on the South during the time of the Civil War. I feel like I belong in the South even though I have just been to Florida.

My favorite song is The Night they Drove Old Dixie down by the Band.

I get really angry when someone takes down a statue of Robert E Lee. Mad enough to fight over it. This is a little off as in my real life my ancestors fought on the side of the North.

I have never been regressed or anything like that. This is all coming from my subconscious.
Any other Civil War people here?

Hi Jet,

I am a Southerner, born and raised, with a lot of study of the history of the war and related matters behind me. Your attitudes are "mostly" right on point. However, it is dangerous for you to say such things, here or anywhere else. We cannot talk about politics on the board, and more recently the standard seems to be that anything that might have any implications even vaguely related to current politics will be deleted without warning, discussion or apology. I cannot trust that this posting will stay up long enough for you to read it, but who can say.

In any case, without taking sides in regard to "the late unpleasantness", I will say that you can safely assume that a lot of what is going on in society today (on any/either side) has less to do with right and wrong/good and evil than is claimed. My advice is to simply lay low and nod politely. We can only hope that the passage of time will put the frenzies and excesses of the moment behind us in due course, and that "we the people" will recover what little sanity we ever had. This is little enough to hope for, but it is all that is left to us at the moment.

Cordially,
S&S

PS--BTW--that is a great song!

Reactions: Jet
Any other Civil War people here?

Hi!

I was a Confederate soldier with possibly either one of the North Carolina or Maryland regiments (still not sure on that) and both me and my brother (He was Confederate too and died in the Battle of Gettysburg) had gone to fight. We were originally from Texas, but at the time war broke out, I was living in Baltimore, Maryland (MD).

Here’s my thread I made with my Civil War memories:

http://reincarnationforum.com/threads/american-civil-war-pl-notes-and-memories.8888/

Eva :)

Hi Jet,

I am a Southerner, born and raised, with a lot of study of the history of the war and related matters behind me. Your attitudes are "mostly" right on point. However, it is dangerous for you to say such things, here or anywhere else. We cannot talk about politics on the board, and more recently the standard seems to be that anything that might have any implications even vaguely related to current politics will be deleted without warning, discussion or apology. I cannot trust that this posting will stay up long enough for you to read it, but who can say.

In any case, without taking sides in regard to "the late unpleasantness", I will say that you can safely assume that a lot of what is going on in society today (on any/either side) has less to do with right and wrong/good and evil than is claimed. My advice is to simply lay low and nod politely. We can only hope that the passage of time will put the frenzies and excesses of the moment behind us in due course, and that "we the people" will recover what little sanity we ever had. This is little enough to hope for, but it is all that is left to us at the moment.

Cordially,
S&S

PS--BTW--that is a great song!

I didn't know I was breaking a rule. I was just connecting a present feeling to a past life and wondering why I should have those feelings. If my post gets removed so be it. I'm not a regular here.

Hi Jet,

I don't know if you will be considered to be breaking a rule here, as the rule against political discourse is vague and sometimes applied so erratically and (to my mind at least) arbitrarily by a few in authority that it is hard to tell. However, you have indicated sympathies and feelings that could get you persecuted and canceled in the larger world that has become life in the U.S. I don't think that you can safely assume that this board is free from a few of the same "types"--including a few of those in authority. Sadly, and I go pretty far back and have been very active on the board, I can say it has not always been this way. However, somehow events of the last few years seem to have muddled some more than others. Hopefully these problems will fade with time. Aside from some fairly recent departures, this has overall been a great board with excellent moderation. It still is IMO, but caution is called for in the U.S.A. of today, including here. I think you would be on firmer and safer ground if you made it clear that the feelings and views expressed are very strange to you and not approved by your present day self. That may not be necessary, but it couldn't hurt.

All just my 2cents, as the saying goes.

Cordially,
S&S

I would like to delete my account on here. How does one go about doing so?. If there are those kinds of people on here that would be uncomfortable with what I did say in that post, I don't think I want to have an account here. I only post here once a year anyway so if you could would you tell me how to close my account.

I would like to delete my account on here. How does one go about doing so?. If there are those kinds of people on here that would be uncomfortable with what I did say in that post, I don't think I want to have an account here. I only post here once a year anyway so if you could would you tell me how to close my account.

As the Spaniards use to say in situations like this: "No te calientes los cascos", which literally means "Don't warm up your hooves", i.e. "Don't fret over this", "Don't get disturbed by this".

Nobody wants to throw you away from this forum, not even a hint of such an action appeared. We'd all like to keep you here, true !

In the future, to avoid any hypothetical misunderstandings, you can use the PM (private message) utility, to interchange messages hidden from the eyes of the majority of users.
Just get informed on how you can do this. OK?

Keep your temper, calm down, and stay on !

P.S. I, personally, don't understand anything of the American Civil War, and this theme has never interested me.

Best regards.

Last edited:
Hello, Jet

I was a member of the Union Army in the American Civil War. I fought from early war until my death in 1863, I believe at Gettysburg. I am a woman now, as I was then. I was one of the thousands of women in disguise at the frontlines. We may be on opposite sides, but it is a pleasure to meet anyone who shares this past with me. I'd love to speak with you and hear more of your memories.

Best regards,
girlinblue

Hello, Jet

I was a member of the Union Army in the American Civil War. I fought from early war until my death in 1863, I believe at Gettysburg. I am a woman now, as I was then. I was one of the thousands of women in disguise at the frontlines. We may be on opposite sides, but it is a pleasure to meet anyone who shares this past with me. I'd love to speak with you and hear more of your memories.

Best regards,
girlinblue

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Back