• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Meeting with Pan?

BriarRose

Senior Registered
I am going to post this experience under paranormal events, because I've never heard another like it. One autumn afternoon, I was standing at my kitchen window, making macaroni and cheese. So far quite prosaic, but bear with me! I had poured milk into a measuring cup, and glanced out the window. At this point I thought, "this is what a poet would call a "golden" afternoon." I noticed the lenghth of the shadows, the light on the leaves of the laurel trees on the slope in my yard, etc. Maybe I fell into what is called a "fugue" state. Suddenly, to the left of my line of sight, I saw what looked like a pair of little goat feet, attached to two, hairy, goat-like legs. The body was hidden by shrubbery, and I think, the angle of my viewing. The legs and feet were almost delicate, charming to see, and not at all frightening. I thought, "am I seeing what I think I'm seeing, or is this an hallucination?" I blinked, looked again, and he was gone. The image brought to mind was "the little lame balloon-man" in e.e. cummings, or the "Great God Pan" that Elizabeth Barrett Browning wrote about. The weirdest part of this story is that the cup, and the milk, I was holding disappeared, never to be seen again. The only semi-rational explanation I've seen for this experience was Sylvia Browne's "seven levels of creation" idea. She thinks there might be occasional bleed-through between the levels. I suppose it could have been a Pookah, because the Irish say they are fond of milk! Anyway, I'm throwing this experience out there- make of it what you will!

When I lived in Montana the local spook of that area was the Goatman and in the eastern U.S. I've read about their version of the Goatman but it's the opposite, I think, of the one in the west. One area it was a body of a goat with a human face and the other area it was a human body with a goat head. Either way there are area's of the U.S. with legends of something similar.

Thank you for your post. The goatmen you reference don't sound like mine. They were seven feet tall and axe-wielding, while mine felt "magical". I've only described this experience to one other person before I posted it, and that was ten years ago. He said people got burned at the stake for sightings like this, and I'm sure that's true. Anyway, the experience felt like a blessing, although weird, and insane-sounding.

BriarRose I too had an "episode" of some peculiar, yet spiritual design. I have not spoken or written of it because in my mind to do so would diminish its meaning to me. I'll only say I was on retreat at a very sacred place when it happened. While it occurred and for the hours afterwards I was in a state of awe. Seconds after... I doubted myself and sought the rationale explanation. There was none... it simply was! After much soul searching, prayer and thought I have come to believe what I had was a very sacred experience... an ethereal brush with something far beyond my abilities to understand... yet within my soul's ability to stand in awe of. It was very simply a sacred moment. By acknowledging its reality, and my own wonder, I satisfied the "doubting Thomas" within.

These little bits of poetic Pan are perhaps, a gift for you, the beautiful sound of His reed "Piercing sweet by the river!"

Thank you for sharing your gift.

Tman

I don't know, but I do know a woman (yes, sane and well-educated) who swears she saw a leprechaun when she was a teen. She was waiting in her dad's car in an alley while he did an errand, and was watching people come and go from the back doors of the shops, when a door opened and a leprechaun came out. She said it was a leprechaun and not a kid or short person, and that she wasn't prone to believing in anything supernatural whatsoever. He saw her and vanished.

I have no idea what to make of these things, but it seems there may be things odder than ghosts.

I know several people who say they have seen them also. I wonder if these people are also able to see ghosts or spirits? I think some people have the ability to see, and maybe hear, beyond the normal human range.

I was between the age of still being innocent and the age of knowing that my adults in the family would think I was crazy, that I saw things that I knew I couldn't tell anyone lest I be punished for lying.

I didn't see anything so exotic as Pan or a Leprechaun, but what seemed to be spirit forms, almost always children like me, who seemed to seek me out because (1) I was a child like them and (2) because they somehow knew I could see them.

During that time, I also had an Imaginary Playmate (who I never saw) but conversed with a lot, but these Spirits I did see and could communicate with, usually by thinking what I wanted to say to them and they replied back in kind, later on I knew enough to put a name to this, it was called Telepathy.

I came from a very conservative Methodist household and talk like Telepathy and Spirits were not allowed, but my behavior was so low key, I was tolerated and during the day I would "voice" my thoughts in my head and somehow receive a reply from them and no one was the wiser, to them I was just day-dreaming.

Sadly, as I got older, the ability to see these forms head-on faded and by then I could only catch a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eyes of movement and no instance of Telepathy, it was almost like the phone wire had been cut and I could no longer converse with them (or see them anymore).

There is no doubt in my old mind what I once saw as a child, and one day I will exchange this heavy old body for a lighter body of energy, remembering that we are Spiritual beings temporarily encased in a prison of flesh and bones!!!

As always, weighing in as a member of this Forum and not as a Moderator, any comments are my own opinion and not of this Forum.

Did you know that schools are "ghost magnets"? Have you ever seen the show called "Psychic Kids"? It was on A&E for three seasons. Now the reruns are on Bio. Also Netflix, itunes, some still on YouTube. Season one is available on dvd. Some of the children that are able to see ghosts and spirits said they would see them at school, as young as kindergarten.

"One-quarter step phased from us in physicality on earth" is the information I got from a laughing intuitive friend who had just seen the "Chronicles of Narnia" by C.S. Lewis. A close friend of hers who had transitioned was "talking" to her during the movie about the characters (goat-boys, etc) being real and here on earth, just not in a way we can see...or simply "one-quarter step phased" from us...which kind of suggests a different dimension.

I asked what "one-quarter step phased" meant and she described it as "like with a piano you can get notes and half-notes but the instrument cannot produce quarter notes unless it is a confluence of some combination of other full and half notes...the vibration or different dimensional notes separates us from living in Narnia and with those mystical creatures!"

So BriarRose, it looks like you somehow fell into a one-quarter step phased dimension for long enough to let them get your cup of milk! How cool!

All your posts are beautiful. It's so cool to talk to people who "get me". Tman, it touched me that you knew the poem I referenced. It's called "A Musical Instrument" for anyone else that likes poetry. Usetawuz, I love the "quarter- phase"explanation. I wish it happened more often! Hydrolad, I had similar childhood and young adult experiences. I could see my "imaginary friends". I would recognize them, even now. My spiritual experiences increased around age eleven (puberty). I've always wondered if that's common in people who are somewhat intuitive. My family was fundamentalist Christian, but more open and accepting than yours. My grand-pa had experiences, so I thought it was hereditary. Still, the first time I went into the living room at night, and asked my parents where the dark-haired lady who had been sitting by my bed had gone, everyone freaked out! I have had fewer experiences as I've aged, although the Pan visit was fairly recent. I've read the "sight" fades with time. That seems counter-intuitive. (No pun intended.) As we get closer to the "other-side", it seems the "veil" would be thinner. By the way, I've read that the Greeks considered a Pan-sighting "seeing through the veil".

Back