• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Remembering Your Past Life Name? (merged)

I got name Stralhof during meditation.

I tried to google it and found that it's name of a monastery or something like that. It's mentioned in a book Das Erzbistum Salzburg. My German skills are very poor and thus I didn't understand much of it.

Today I noticed strange coincidence. I visited my parents and read a book where they wrote about the things I said and did when I was a little child. First letters I learned when I was 1 year and 11 months old were s t and a. Letters that were most difficult for me to learn were r and l. If put one after another they form "word" stral.

Names

I seem to remember the names Tommy, and Emily which presumably where childhood acquaintences (Tommy and Emily seemed to be remembered as Brother and Sister) in a past-life.

I also had a memory (possibly with Tommy and Emily) of climbing a tree on the U.S. East Coast (a decidious tree i.e., the type of trees that change colors in the Autumn).

My possible PL memory must have been in the late-Autumn as the leaves had fallen from the tree; yet I don't remember any snow. I have never climbed a tree (in this life) the few times I visited the East Coast. My family did not know people who had children named Tommy and Emily.

Anyway, I'm seeking geneological records over the past sixty years (the State of Connecticut) that have recorded the names of siblings. It seems that obituaries are the only records I'm aware of that mention the names of siblings.

I hope that locating such information will eventually pinpopint my previous identity.

I tried to google it and found that it's name of a monastery or something like that. It's mentioned in a book Das Erzbistum Salzburg. My German skills are very poor and thus I didn't understand much of it.
I tried a google too for the word. Most of the hits were in Dutch and referred to an adress. One of them, as you found too, was referring to a book about the Cistercians in Salzburg. As far as I could understand it referred to the monastery that is recorded with the name 'Stralhof' in 1438. Apparantly it was founded in 1272, at least the cistercians bought the land then.

:)

Thanks for the information, Sunniva.

To the outsider that letter thing which I posted may seem too far-fetched. When I read that book (about my childhood) there was a chapter about learning the letters and all those letters were mentioned there. Thus I saw them on the same page and realized that together they formed first five letters of name stralhof. I'd say that it's interesting coincidence but not evidence.

My name in this life is Rachel Hannah Yelena, and while I've never really cared for the name Hannah, I've always felt exactly like a ''Rachel'', and I'm sure that my name was also Rachel in a past life...I'm certain that in a different past life, my name was Vorona. My third name, however, that Yelena, I added myself a long time ago, though I never did it legally (though I'd very much like to one of these days), because I've also felt very much like a ''Yelena'' all my life, for as long as I can remember. Only spelled that way, though Helena appeals to me almost equally as much. I wonder often if my name might have been Helena or Yelena in a past life.

I was named after two people in this life, though either name never really stuck with me. My first name, Stephanie, I absolutely loathed, which I always felt guilty about because my mother named me after a friend who died.

Whenever someone calls me by that name, I sort of shudder on the inside, and ever since I was small I have always been trying to find a new name for myself.

Some names that always stuck out to me were: Maddie, Lieselotte, and Hana. When I finally gave myself a new name in this life, I gravitated towards Leah.

I had been trying other Hebrew names, but it was Leah that had the strongest connection with me, especially because of the Biblical story. I remember reading it and connecting with her almost at once. Strangely enough, I have always had an aversion to the name Rachel (nothing personal against someone who has it, and I am slowly starting to get over it) and it was one description of Leah that really stuck with me- the text saying that she had "weak eyes".

In this life, I suppose my eyes could be considered weak, considering the amount of problems and surgeries I have had on them, though the problem has never been fully corrected.

In my most recent past life my name was Bronislawa, but I am more familiar with the nickname Bronia. I don't know of any surname, unfortunately.

Gah, double post, but I just remembered something else while I was cooking. ^^

I have always been drawn to the name Jacob, ever since I was small. In my writing, most of the male protagonists' names are Jacob, usually ending up being the soulmate of the main female character.

Deep down, I knew I was going to meet my soulmate in this life, and before I met him I was absolutely convinced that his name was going to be Jacob.

His name was actually Benjamin, but that's beside the point. :laugh:

I was never comfortable with either my first nor my last name, and I was further estranged with my first name, when I found out that I was named for one of my Dad's drinking buddies. After that I found out that my last name came from my step-grandfather, who was not related to us at all. I did like the name of my two half-brothers, which was my father's true last name. So, in '73 I changed back to Parkhurst. Later on, my sister did the same.

Many years passed, and just before I signed on with this Forum, my two sons were stunned to find a photo of someone, who looked exactly like me. They were trying to find other Parkhursts and happened upon a Wiki article of C.W. Parkhurst, who was a New York City reformer during the 1890's. So I searched for more articles about C.W. and found more photos that bore an uncanny resemblance to the guy I see in the mirror every morning. And, when I read about his exploits, it was just after I had gone through a similar harrowing episode. I found that he was related, but we only shared the same ancestor, who was about a dozen times removed. So, how could he look just like me? The more I read about him being a pastor of Madison Square Church in Manhattan, the more I remembered the many flashes I've had of 19th Century New York over the years. I had specifically moved my family from the midwest to the New York area because I was drawn to it, and I ended up working there for 20 years.

The jury is still out regarding whether these things are anything more than mere coincidences, so we'll just say that the circumstances are uncanny. Besides, there is a time conflict with another possible candidate for reincarnation; there is good reason to not jump to conclusions in this or any other case. I don't doubt anymore that reincarnation is universal for all of us. But, I have just now discovered how I am either fooling myself, or someone made a clerical error as to the date of C.W.'s passing over.

-Nightrain

Past Life Names

How many of you know your past life names? I have been on a spiritual quest for many years to figure this out but nothing has come up. And believe me I've tried everything from past life regression to pendulums.

I can remember one of my past life names, and also the names of a few people known to me in that life and other previous lives.

I don't think there is a proven technique for remembering, it's basically the same as in your present life when you sometimes see a face that you recognize, but can't for the life of you put a name to it.

However, I do believe that we have access to every piece of information pertaining to everything that we've ever done, in every life that we've ever lived. Maybe next time you meditate or regress, try asking to see your name beforehand, I know this has worked for some people. I tried it once, and while experiencing a past life memory, I saw my name handwritten on the cover of a book, like a kind of school exercise book which was laying on my bed. I already knew my first name, which just came out spontaneously during a past life regression :)

Hiya G,

I remember some of my past life names too. Usually these have been names that I've always been very fond of. Some of the names came to me in meditation, but I don't think there is an exact technique to remember them.

My advice is to follow your intuition and go with what feels right. To be honest, I've no idea if any of the names I call my past life personas are the absolute true ones since I have no way to validate my past lives (except for one). But these names feel right and that's good enough for me at the moment. The quest for your past life name shouldn't move your focus away from the real importance of your past life memories :)

I remember two of my past life names (these are also the lives that I remember the most about overall). I have pretty much validated one of them to myself, the other I just feel is right, but have no solid evidence.

For the name that I was able to validate, I specifically tried to see it written down in a regression. During the regression, my regression therapist directed me to try to look at something where my name was written down, like a book or an ID card or something. I had heard a nickname being used in previous regressions, but it was being directed to seeing it written down that led me to find the full first and last name.

I don't think there's a specific technique that works for everyone. In some cases, there might just be a name that feels right, and I think that's good enough in a lot of cases.

Welcome Grace527,

One way that has worked for me is to ask for Clarity....You can read about it here - in this thread.

The other is to ask before you do a meditation/regression to know your name - and to hear it. Several of mine have come when someone else in the past life is calling my name. As a slave during the Civil War - I heard the Mrs's call me.."Clara..Clara come here" She had a heavy Southern accent.

Hope this helps.

For me names are important so it`s one of the first things i try to find out about lives (my name, names of my family, of the place i lived, etc) so then i can compulsively look for information online :D and try to validate what i remember.

I think i found my victorian past life name but i wasn`t able to validate it yet, i could only find out that my last name, although it`s not common (probably because it was a mispelling of another, more common last name) makes total sense with the place i think i was born.

I get names mostly in dreams, my mind is thinking about them during the day, and then a name comes to me at night, out of any context, just a name.

What i do sometimes to get information is to start writing about that life, i take a few minutes to relax and try to situate in another time and space and i start to write, starting first with the environment, then how i look like, and then i force the name. Some of the information you get might not be accurate since you`re not in a state of deep meditation or anything, but you might get some information that then your brain can correct with dreams or memories during the night. This method is pretty "unprofessional" but amazingly i got good results with it that i was able to validate.

I remember a few names, but mostly not. I don't consider names all that important really, but as Owl says it is cool if you can use them for a validation.

I know a couple names. In both cases it was just a matter of a name popping into my head and just "feeling" right. An interesting experience for me was I got what I believe was my last name in my last life. It is an uncommon name. I've never heard of this name in this life. Was not sure that it even is a real last name. Upon investigating, it is a real name. If fact, there are still people with this name in the area were I believe I was from in my last life. e!e

I had the most frustrating experience a while ago :D I had what was clearly a past life dream in which I was shown a list with names. In the dream I knew the names were significant and I told myself to remember them - however when I woke up all I could remember was that the names were important :rolleyes: It was a very detailed dream and I remember most of it still, so it's a bit odd that I don't remember those names.

Oh well :D

I think one of my past lives names was Anne. I have always felt really connected to this name, but as opposed to some names I read about and just like I feel this name is "me". I can remember thinking this since I was little, "why didn't my mum call me Anne?" lol. I think I also answered when someone was yelling this name once, that was a bit funny :laugh:

I think I've even felt more connected to the name Anne before than my real name. Another name I feel the same way about is Anna. And someone has told me my name was Anne in a past life, but that they used called me "Ania" or something. I didn't mention my connection to those names first either. But in Norway Anne and Anna are both common names, so of course I have heard both of them a lot.

Has anyone ever noticed how some people just don't fit their names at all, and you just want to call them Jim instead of Ralph, or Donna instead of Charise? Could it be that we sense what their name might have been in a past life? Or, could it simply be an association of someone's features that resemble someone else we know? I do remember, that when our second son was born, we didn't choose from the list of names that we had already discussed. Instead, the name Ethan just popped into our heads at the same time. And, his personality, today, actually fits the name, perfectly.

-Nightrain

Hello, I see this post it's about names...

This is a message for ChrisR, I hope he will see it. It's just something it comes to my mind everytime I see the name "Lisbeth Guerrera"... I am from Spain and when I see your name from the past life I think everytime: "It must be Lisbeth Guerrero", and not "Guerrera".

"Guerrero" is a spanish family name quite usual in Central and South america. While "Guerrera" sounds strange and I've never heard it as a surname...

I hope you don't care... It's just a feeling that I have when I read this name. But of course you know more than me about your past life and it could be just a strange surname. Sorry.

Best wishes,

Maria

Marieta said:
I hope you don't care... It's just a feeling that I have when I read this name. But of course you know more than me about your past life and it could be just a strange surname. Sorry.
Hi Marieta, no need to apologize, I'm always open to suggestions, and I'm glad that you took the time to offer yours :)

I came across the name during a regression when I saw a notebook or schoolbook on my bed with my name on it, and it was Lisbet "something" Guerrero or Guerrera. There was a name in the middle, but I either couldn't see it properly, or it totally slipped my mind. There was some confusion between Guerrera and Guerrero, it could have easily been either an 'a' or an 'o' at the end, so what I did was research the name, and I found so many references to Guerrera, and little or no reference to Guerrero (in that region) Based on that, I decided to go with Guerrera, so Lisbet's surname is not validated.

I do appreciate your suggestion however, but as it's been a few years since I saw the surname, it wouldn't feel right to change it to Guerrero now, even though I'm not 100% certain that it was Guerrera.

Interesting too that you referred to her as 'Lisbeth' instead of Lisbet? The name Lisbet definately came out of my mouth when I had a professional regression done, although I pronounced it more like 'Leethbet' with a 'th' instead of the 's'. When I talk to a few friends of mine about her, they always pronounce it 'Lizbit', which doesn't sound right at all to me. As a Spanish person, I'm curious to know how you pronounce it?

Thanks again for your advice :)

Chris ... not Chreeth :D

Hello again, Chris.

I pronounce it "Lizbet", like the "s" in "easy". Something like that. The "e" doesn't sound "i" in spanish, but "e" like in "España", "elefant"... The "s" sounds "s" or "z", but never "th". It is really a strange pronunciation if you heard "Lithbet". Small kids usually speak like that, usually they don't know how to do the sound "s". How old was she?

For the last sounds of the name: I wrote Lisbeth instead of Lisbet because in spanish it is easy to do this mistake. The "h" in spanish doesn't have a sound, so "t" and "th" sound exactly the same. I think I wrote it with a "th" because of the english influence. In fact, Lisbet is not an spanish name but in central and south America (and also in Spain) it is quite common to give english names to little boys and girls (the influence of the cinema and the TV: there are many Kevins, Brians, Brendas...).

Best wishes,

Maria

Marieta said:
I pronounce it "Lizbet", like the "s" in "easy". Something like that. The "e" doesn't sound "i" in spanish, but "e" like in "España", "elefant"... The "s" sounds "s" or "z", but never "th". It is really a strange pronunciation if you heard "Lithbet". Small kids usually speak like that, usually they don't know how to do the sound "s". How old was she?
Interesting Maria, thanks :) I don't know how old she was when I heard that pronounciation, but she lived until she was 12. Besides, it wasn't just me that pronounced my name like that, I heard my father and my boyfriend say it that way too :confused:

The only explanation I can think of is that maybe it wasn't generally pronounced that way, and maybe it was a unique way my father said it that caught on with both me and others? maybe a speech impediment? I don't know. I only heard those two people say my name :)

So there is no doubt: her name was like you heard it.

My last hipotesis: that area's pronuntiation. There is a region in southern Spain where the "S" it is pronounce like the english "Th" (bust just in informal situations). Maybe in her region they pronounced it like that, also.

Well, anyway, I think I will leave her name in peace...

Best wishes,

Maria

ChrisR said:
As a Spanish person, I'm curious to know how you pronounce it?
I think in Ecuador it would be pronounced something like "Leessbett". For some reason is so common in most countries of Latin America to use english or german names, even when their last name is totally spanish.

Just my two cents :D

ChrisR said:
Thanks Owl :thumbsup:
Your advice is welcome, as always :)
Hi Cris, It is possible that the Guerrera name is Herrera.

Herrera is a common Hispanic surname

As Marieta said, H has no sound in Spanish so the name sounds

Errera.

That does sound right Reisender, it most probably was pronounced 'Errera'. However it was definately spelt 'Guerrera', that is how I saw it written when I was regressed.

Thanks very much for your suggestions :thumbsup:

Chris :)

ChrisR said:
That does sound right Reisender, it most probably was pronounced 'Errera'. However it was definately spelt 'Guerrera', that is how I saw it written when I was regressed.
Thanks very much for your suggestions :thumbsup:

Chris :)
Hi Chris,

The state of Connecticut was largely settled by Italians during the previous century, and one very common name is "Gurreri".

-Nightrain

Thanks Nightrain :thumbsup:

It's true that Gurreri is a variant of the name Guerrera, or Guerrero, but assuming that the Gurreri's still speak Italian(?) I think it's more likely that Lisbet was a descendant of the migrant Guerra's, who sailed to the 'New World' from Spain in 1511

Back