• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Shamanic Healing

landsend

Senior Registered
Anyone here have any experience of working with a Shaman/Shamanic healing?

Fate has intervened and I’m seeing one this Wednesday. He’s just a 13 min train drive from me and seems pretty good over the phone. Just wondering what other people’s experience of this is. Will write more after I’ve seen him.

I do. Shamanic healing is not one single denominator.
There are different aproaches and different styles.
But I think all agree that they work with energies.
There is one aspect that happens with a lot of people on this forum: soul retrieval. You don’t have to give it a name in order to let it work. It’s the reintegration of splitted parts of your own soul.

Hey Folks,

Last Wednesday I went to see the shamanic healer near me. Am still trying to assimilate the experience, so I can't really tell as of yet what benefit or long term effect it may (or may not) have. I returned very spaced out, but took a few notes in my journal.

-----
(PART I)

10 Apr 19
The Shaman

In a couple of hours am seeing a shamanic healer. Nervous is an understatement.

Am at this point for change.

Don't know what to expect. If nothing will happen & disappointment will ensure, or if it will be horrific. Not sure. Am hoping to unblock my blocked self, to find answers.

Will report later more. Once I'm back.

-----

Came back from seeing shaman.

Am still spaced out from the experience. Will describe a bit what happened below.

Looking for a shaman came across Joe, he was only a 13 min train journey away. Got in contact with him. Told him about me. We spoke via phone. What he had to say made a lot of sense to me. He had availability this week at pretty short notice, so I took this as a sign.

Last night was dreaming about my life as if I was reviewing it. Woke up and could not sleep.

Met him at the train station. Joe the shaman had long grey curly hair in a pony tail, very piercing but warm blue eyes. He looked like the quintessential aged hippie, with a loose shirt, waistcoat, green cargo trousers. He was about 6ft tall, thin. His face was kind and welcoming. We walked to his house with his dog, a rescued greyhound who had belonged to his parents before they passed on. Apparently the dog could talk, and knew when it was 4.30 everyday (dinner time). Already felt at ease with Joe, and liked him. That's a rarity for me -- I'm very slow to warm to most folk.

Enjoyed walking through fields in the pretty English village. The sun was shining. Blue skies.

Joe told me he had been working in healing for 25 years, but had worked as a shaman for the past nine years.

His house was beautifully decorated with ornaments from his travels, carved doors from Bali. Terracotta flagstones. His garden backed onto fields and a forest.

We settled in the front room to do the session. A body shaped pillow draped with a blanket was in the centre of the room. Some sort of incense was burning, and there was soft music playing in the background -- flutes, drums.

First, Joe instructed me to stand with him. He had a rattle in his hand which he shook as we stood facing south (snake), west (jaguar), north (hummingbird) and east (condor/eagle). He spoke a prayer as we turned to each point, then we touched the ground, and he said a prayer to Mother Earth . Some words were in Quechuan.

IMG-3235.JPG
(Q'ero Medicine Wheel that Joe based his medicine on)

We sat and talked a bit. He asked me what bought me to him today, if I had to summarise it. I told him that I feel I’m at a crossroads in my life, but unable to move in any direction.

As we sat, I had the sensation that he was ‘reading’ me or tuning into me. Not psychologically speaking, but on another level, perhaps an energetic level if you will. It was a strange feeling.

Afterwards was very stark. I could tell, looking into his eyes, that he could feel the pain that was inside and around me. He could feel the pain, but did not become it. Rather than attacking me, getting angry or becoming distant from me as most folks do, he sat with it.

Then he said to me ‘You keep going. No matter how tough it gets, you keep going.’ I nodded, but said nothing. Then he elaborated, ‘You keep on going, even though sometimes going feels very hard.’ Again I nodded, saying nothing. He said, ‘This is something that was with you then (in the past life), a gift you have taken with you.’ He said, ‘Sometimes it feels like you may want to end your life, because of how hard it is.’

At this point I said that yes, suicide sometimes crossed my mind, but my proof of reincarnation stops me doing that. Told him that sometimes I wish my life would end prematurely, and wonder if I’d drive myself to an early grave through illness, or other ways.

He looked at me knowingly then. He explained to me that if time was a spiral, circular, and not linear, then the past, present and future all interconnect. There will be many futures, some worse than the present now, some where little change occurs, some slightly better than the present, and one future that you cannot conceive will be possible. I suppose this is final path is the path of ‘wonder’ that I have written about on occasion.

Last edited:
(PART II)

Joe unwrapped a square cloth bundle in front of us. Inside the bundle were stones of different tones and shapes. He told me to pick one that stood out to me. A stone instantly attracted my eye. It was a black triangular shape with brown fissures that looked like veins.

I picked it up and held it in my hands. It was smooth, but the fissures were rough. Joe the shaman nodded in that reassuring way and smiled. Then he told me to take all those feelings of being blocked, and to blow them into the stone. Feel the feelings, blow them into the stone, simple right? Felt a bit of an idiot doing it to be honest. It wasn’t easy for me to conjure up the feelings.

He told me words were not important, the feelings were. Either way, he could tell I wasn’t opening up. So then he said this isn’t the first time you’ve been at a crossroads in your life.

No, I said. The first time was when I was twelve/thirteen. That’s when I also opened up to my past life of Vietnam, and all the pain. There were no memories, I just knew with a surety I’d fought in that war. It caused me to drop out of school, became agoraphobic. Was very lonely. I could trace my memories all the way back to childhood, through strange phobias and habits.

Again he told me to blow into the stone, showing me how to cup it in my hands. Blow all that into the stone.

I continued with the whole story. Using meditation to heal, finding a spiritual root. Eventually going to college, to study something creative. Told him my aspirations to be a published author, but hadn’t written since my memories of Terry came forward.

At the age of seventeen I had a dream of being my past self and walking into a building where I was shot unexpectedly. The place where I was shot corresponded to a birthmark on my torso. The dream was very vivid, real. A memory, I told him.

His eyes widened at this. He asked me if that is how I died in that life. I told him I have memories of dying twice in that life. One of those times was as a prisoner, I was taken prisoner in the jungles and got very sick. It seemed I’d died, or had a near death experience.

Again, blow that into the stone.

I continued on, saying that in my twenties I’d moved to Spain and had a son. Again found myself very alone, with no family. Isolated. We went to my partners old philosophy teacher for some inspiration. She provided us with some marijuana, a strain named after the Emperor of Hemp himself, ‘Jack Herer’. Well, old Jack sure took me on a trip, all the way back through space and time, back to Nam.

Told Joe the shaman the moment I went back to Nam, how I shouted and pleaded not to go back there. Told him how real the jungle was that I could practically touch it. It was on fire below me, smoke and fog billowing around me. Then I was spinning out of control into the darkness. Crashing down below.

Sitting next to Joe I began to cry. I’m not even sure why. I’d never cried talking about my memories of Terry before. I knew my usual reaction to crying is to feel ashamed, and I may have mumbled sorry. Joe didn’t seem to mind.

Joe told me to focus on the feelings in my body. Blow it all into the stone.

Well, I told him, I tracked my past self down after moving back here and having another child. Had spent a year severely sleep deprived and desperate. Was again in that moment telling myself it’s ‘now or never’. Searching for months on end for my past self, imagery coming to me in snippets. Eventually finding him amongst the missing, not the dead.

Into the stone.

Told Joe that I tracked down my past selves son, and through him was able to confirm that my memories were real. With him I could talk about intimate things that only his family would know, childhood memories.

Could feel the tears on my face, wet. I didn’t even attempt to wipe them away. Wasn’t ashamed. Felt no judgement.

After blowing the last of it into the stone, feeling it all, Joe was satisfied. He said now we were going to invite my past self into this space, superimposing him over my body.

(PART III)

The shaman had me lie on the ground in the middle of the floor, my head facing north, feet pointing south.

I held the stone in my palm, hands crossed over my chest. He took the stone from me, but where he put it I’m not sure. At this point I closed my eyes.

He was near my crown, his hands supporting my head. Pretty much as soon as he touched my head, I began to shake. Not gonna lie, I was scared. I was scared of something that I don’t even want to admit here, but it relates to my childhood phobias.

He told me that in Chinese medicine, the crown is the gateway to opening. He was apparently opening me to this experience. Whatever he was doing, I didn’t care. My body, from head-to-toe was petrified. Joe asked me if I was cold.

I couldn’t respond. I wasn’t cold so much fearful. But perhaps I was. He went and retrieved some blankets, draping them over my arms. He wedged the blankets either side of me, cocooning me. It was comforting, but still I was shaking.

Joe the shaman said that it was cold because we were inviting death into the room. My body shook even more. I didn’t want to be here in this room, a part of me wanted to stand up and walk out. What the hell am I doing here? But I told myself to be quiet, be still.

Am aware in the background of Joe telling me shaking was a natural response, just feel it in my body. Focus on the breath. Couldn’t focus. Just feel so much fear. In my stomach, my throat. Don’t want to be here. Want it to be over.

Could feel Joe beside me now, to my right. I couldn’t see what he was doing, but could sense it more or less. It’s hard to recall this part now. Perhaps I was already in a trance like state. He took my wrist in his hand, in hindsight I realised this is because he was feeling my pulse.

I recall him saying that he was opening my chakras, and that he was inviting my past self--Terry that is--to superimpose my body. He said when he reached my heart chakra I’d be able to converse with him (Terry). Then he called upon the condor, great eagle, to invite me (present me) into dream time.

Still was violently shaking, so much so that Joe had to steady my body with his hands at times.

He placed what felt like stones along my body, crown, brow, throat, chest, navel, and my pubic bone. Then he used a rattle, shaking it along my body, starting at my feet. There was a tingling sensation as he moved the rattle upwards, sorta like pins-and-needles but more intense and it seemed to spread outwards and around me.

As soon as he started this, I started to relax. My body calmed, and deep shuddering breaths came from my chest. I remember telling myself to trust, to let go. We’ve come here for a purpose, for Terry, for you. At one point I swear Joe put something warm in my hand, something like incense burning, which wafted through the blankets and up through my nose. I could not see, nor tell, but that is how it felt.

My eyes rolled back as they do when trance takes over. Imagery came then in waves.

First saw a creature, humanoid in shape, with shining skin as black as coal. He was holding out in the palm of his hand a stone--the stone that I’d chosen and blown all my troubles into. The creature had the same brown veined pattern on his skin as the stone. Apart from a pair of reptilian eyes, there was no mouth or eyes to his face. I took the stone from him, then bought it to my mouth and ingested it.

Could see feathers, impressions of black feathers in an hypnagogic kaleidoscope of purples and pinks. The feathers move from my arms. Then I was flying above a mountain landscape, a minuscule person flying on the back of a giant condor.

I saw Terry. He was outside of me, in a different body. His body. Rather than the sad, bedraggled person I’d carried with me all these years, he had glowing red cheeks. He looked a picture of health. He seemed to be holding something in his hand, but I couldn’t see what.

Next I’m at the shooting scene, where I saw myself be shot as Terry in that dream all those years ago. As I’m standing in the lobby I hear a name -- one I’ve heard a few times when going back to those memories. I’m not sure what it means. But the name repeats.

I don’t see myself be shot. Rather, I see myself rise above the roof of the building to the blue skies, seeing the buildings and street below.

Again I see Terry with something in his hand. While this is happening, I’m fighting the feelings. Can hear the rattle now close to my head. Then it stops. It’s quiet, deathly so.

Can see that Terry has in his hand a gold coin. A simple gold coin. There is no image on it, just the outline of a circle with a circle.

I take the coin from him and then again, I see the giant condor bird. The coin merges with the eye of the condor, so that I see his eyes are made of the same gold.

Finally, see myself in Nam. It’s a bright day, clear blue skies. Long grass of a field. The’s a beautiful woman in white carrying something either side of her shoulders, some sort of vessel either side of a wooden pole. I watch her, but can see choppers, Hueys, flying low out over the field. It hits me the thought: ‘If only a war wasn’t going on, this would be a beautiful country’.

I opened my eyes then, adjusting to the light. Joe was there, smiling, nodding, blue eyes shining. As I turned my head, I caught sight of two long black feathers that I presume he had been using to blow smoke over me.

Felt very strange, light, spaced out and cold afterwards. Sitting, the shaman put a blanket round my shoulders and explained to me a bit about what had just happened. He told me that in death, we work work through the chakras before departing. We settle matters, at least the matters of the lower chakras, the Earthly matters, so that we can leave peacefully to the other side. Because I was shot unexpectedly, he explained, because I was missing, it meant that I was unable to move into this life the natural way.

He told me the Inca have a version of the afterlife, similar to the Tibetan bardo. It is metaphorical in nature.

There are the shadow worlds.

There is the stone world, nothing moves there.

The plant world. Things here are more vibrant and alive, but still do not move.

The animal world. An ancestral meeting place, and finally, a crystal type world which could be described as heaven.

The shaman told me he found Terry there in the plant world, still stuck in the jungle, but wanting to move on. Then he said worked on helping him move, whilst allowing me (present me) to move freely in the dream world. He said he saw me next to a ball of red energy.

He told me that he saw a green helmet, with a netting across it. He saw me as Terry directing a group of people, and he reiterated to me about this need to keep going, in order to save my own life, and the life of those around me.

We closed the session as I told him a few things I had seen during the ceremony, and then chatted some about lighter things. He told me over the next weeks/months to be open to ‘Wonder’. Pay attention to my dreams, and write in my journal. He asked me the question about what gift could come from all of this. It’s a question I don’t know the answer to. Either way I told him my plans about visiting Vietnam and America, but that would be some time from now as I don’t have the money, nor the time. The future’s not so far away, he said, and smiled.

Thank you landsend for sharing. Knowing you adds to the beauty and sincerity of this journey of the soul. Keep writing about this in your journal. Blessings! Tman

Thanks Tman, likewise knowing you and others here adds a lot to my journey, am greatful for this space and the people I’ve met here. Am happy to share. Hope a few others here seek out this type of healing.

Please I need help with my shamanic healing, it seems darkness is being removed through me. Can anyone give advice, or help for methods to get this out of me as quick as possible or is there a way for it to not go through me. I'm so sick of this suffering. How do you dissipate the darkness of humanity and the world? How do I stop it from happening to me or make it more comfortable?

Please I need help with my shamanic healing, it seems darkness is being removed through me. Can anyone give advice, or help for methods to get this out of me as quick as possible or is there a way for it to not go through me. I'm so sick of this suffering. How do you dissipate the darkness of humanity and the world? How do I stop it from happening to me or make it more comfortable?

Hi Crystal Whisperer,

Welcome to the forum!

I am sorry for your situation. It is not easy to give such a piece of advice to someone we don't know. I wonder why you seek for a shamanic approach. You might find it unpleasant to know but a shamanic approach wouldn't help the way you'd imagined. The shamanic way is not to fix or to make things go away. A shaman would learn you to stand in your own center and confront whatever comes on your path. A shaman's way is not 'complete' without episodes of facing darkness, ego death, or personal illnesses.

A bit more down to earth, I imagine that today's circumstances become too much for you to handle. All that negativity in the press and around us. It's certainly a very extraordinary time at the moment, stressful, uncertain and painful. And when you are sensitive to energies, this adds up on top of all.

At the moment, no individual can change the course of the events. This is a collective thing, it's a matter of our collective consciousness. A huge transformation is taking place on many levels. This worldwide crisis brings out the worst and the best in each of us individually and collectively. I don't know what the outcome will be, but I do know that it's best not to detach to this storm. Observe but do not attach to all the negativity. Yesterday, when I was browsing Youtube, I came across several 'spiritual guru's' that I usually wouldn't watch. Somehow, this guy Bashar (you can find him on Youtube)got my attention. His advice was: stay in the center of the storm, the only place where there is quietness. Exactly what I was already doing myself.

Find your own quiet spot within yourself. Meditate. Let go of all the energies that don't belong to you. You can do it, you don't need a shaman. A quick fix would deny you the opportunity to discover your own power.

Hi, thanks for your message.

I feel that my situation is spiritual and mystical in nature. I want to find out if there is anything that can be done about it. The answer I get from divinating is that I am dissipating negative energy for the highest good of all concerned. I am hoping for help with this, to speed up the process, and confirmation that this is what is happening would be helpful. And like you say, help to deal with whatever it is while it's happening. I can't seem to find the centre of the storm yet, very much caught up in it.

This might be possible. Some people are like human energy-transformators. If this is your (spiritual) case, then you have to be extra careful to center yourself. If such a person like you gets out of balance, he/she will tear down a lot of people around them, simply because those people relied on the energy of the human battery.

Anyone here have any experience of working with a Shaman/Shamanic healing?

Fate has intervened and I’m seeing one this Wednesday. He’s just a 13 min train drive from me and seems pretty good over the phone. Just wondering what other people’s experience of this is. Will write more after I’ve seen him.
I have, for me it was a lady. She used smoke, also spit water into the smoke. Before I did pass life regression I went with her. You'll get really tense at first but once the session is done, your gona feel a lot lighter. Thats beacuse you will let go of much emotional built up in your body. Shamanism is a multi purpose energy work. It all depends on the intention. You also have your phonie shamans, if they tell you what you want to hear, then their full of ****. They will tell you what you need to hear to help you in this lifetime. You might not like it but it will help you a lot. That was my experience anyways. Good luck

Back