• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Why are you interested in Reincarnation?

Why are you interested in Reincarnation?

• The existence of life after death would give life more meaning.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I just want to know if I lived a past life.

• It might help to explain my dreams, interests, or phobias.

• I just think it's really neat.

• My child is seems to know things from a past-life.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I feel like I don't belong in my situation.

• It scares me to think that there might be nothing after death.

• I don't know.

• Reincarnation is a part of my spiritual beliefs and practice.

• Does it really matter?

• Total voters

Nightrain

Senior Registered
I honestly can't remember what motivated me to take an interest in Reincarnation. In the beginning I suppose that I was intrigued by the existence of something that wasn't contained in a catechism or a science book. It was new territory, and held within it a mystery that somehow seemed plausible.

Over the years, however, my interest took on greater significance as I recognized how all our lives help to shape each other's futures and how our lives are shaped by each other's past lives. Or, perhaps I was just bored with the limitations of just one short, incomplete, and nearly disastrous life.

Ever being...ever growing!

I have always believed in an ever being soul...my grandmother put a word to this feeling, reincarnation. It is calming to me. My interest did not have to be aroused and my memories come to me quite easily. What is very interesting though is how throughout time I have remained me...for better or for worse! I love to hear the words of others here in this forum, some with very similar experiences as myself. It all makes sence...in my eyes!

Reincarnation is the best explanation to me as to why we are here and everything around us exists. I think due to my general interesting in the paranormal, I have now been able to make sense out of it all that relates to reincarnation. I just think it's a really interesting and exciting possibility that happens to be backed up with a lot of impressive 'evidence' that can't be easily ignored.

Thanks for making this thread! it's nice to get this off my chest to be honest.

I have always believed and had a strong feeling that there was more to life than just 'you get born and then you dissolve in the ground' or what ever. The whole idea that that would just be IT seems so strange to me.

People might say and think I'm gullible and just take everything I read for truth but it's quite the opposite I really am a sceptic inside. It is very important to question things, to see things from different angles and make sense of it all that way.

I had heard of people who remembered past lives before when I was younger but never took much notice of it really. It was only really when I watched a documentary (a few months back) about NDE's and the afterlife that I realised, oh my goodness! this is something very real. This is something that really happens to people, the evidence and proof that something lives on after we die is in my eyes most convincing. The only way to explain how a person can tell us everything that went on in the room after being dead for 10 minutes is that something lives on, which is intelligent, can hear, see and communicate. Now we can call this the soul, being, consciousness - it doesn't really matter.

After I realised that, and began to understand how we are all spiritual beings that reincarnate, everything just started to make sense to me. I always believed in the paranormal (ghosts/spirits what ever you want to call it) but just didn't really understand it because I guess I couldn't explain it - I was just fascinated because it's obviously something many people around the world observe and have done for many many years. So that whole chapter got answered to me and it made me feel so much better.

Sometimes I just get so excited and want to tell friends and make them understand. To me it's all so clear and I find it hard sometimes how people can not see how this is the way it is. I don't really get to talk to anyone about the subject except here and I'm actually really grateful because there are some great people on here!

Great poll Nightrain!

The existence of life after death would give life more meaning.
It might help to explain my dreams, interests, or phobias.
Both of the above two options sum up my deep interest in reincarnation well. :thumbsup:

I'm glad you made it multiple choice! I grew up with reincarnation an open subject. It was never a matter of 'maybe', it was always a matter of 'is'. I was mindful that not all of my friends believed in it, but we accepted that we didn't all believe the same things, so it was no big deal. It was as much a part of my beliefs as Mormonism was for my friend Cindy and Lutheranism was for my friend Linda. Growing up with this belief I have always wondered what my soul's full story is to this point. Over the whole tapestry is a theme of fascination. I delight in my discoveries even when they don't answer any questions about behavior. I relish them simply for their very existence.

Two years ago, I had a supernatural experience. I kept coming across articles on reincarnation while trying to find some information related to that situation, and began studying reincarnation in more depth. The concept of reincarnation really resonates with me on a heart level (perhaps I should say soul level?) in a way that the faith tradition in which I was raised never did.

Some of my very earliest memories (and my earliest is at 11 months old!) are of the certainty that I had been someone completely different, someone who'd lived a life, had everything, lost everything and suddenly had been dumped in a new little person with a family of strangers and had no idea how to deal with it! When someone explained the idea of reincarnation to me when I was 8 or 9 I thought "Of course, that's what happened!" Course that means I'm not quite sure which poll category sums that up :)

I agree with Dawn o the Shed. There isn't a catagory for people who had memories from the get-go. I also had memories that were very clear and real but were certainly not from this lifetime. I believed in reincarnation before I knew there was a word for it and was puzzled as a small child why no one else remembered what I did. I felt like the biggest misfit around. When I got older my older sister became interested in reincarnation and it was then that I learned the word (about age 11) then I could start putting the memories together and begin to understand my memories and experiences.

Btw, Dawn o the Shed, that is the cutest picture ever you have on your avator.

A variety of reasons.

Skeptics see any kind of notion that implies post-death existence as fear-based wishful thinking.

To me, a complete cut off of consciousness appears to be logical, but underneath the surface I cannot contemplate it for ETERNITY. Actually, I can't fathom any state being permanent. This is where I have a problem with heaven, and hell. The universe works in a cyclical way. Nothing is permanent, but nothing is ever wasted. Even the smallest drop of water is restored, as Mr. Franklin would say.

Death is just a change, and a very necessary one. Eventually through the day, you get tired, and want to sleep. Death is the same thing, but on a bigger scale.

If this question had been around many years ago I would have probably answered that I was interested because I wanted to understand the dreams, visions and synchronous mysteries that were manifesting in my life. When the reality crept in that reincarnation was a possibility, I "wanted to know" if I had lived a past life. Since then (with a lot of soul searching, study, and prayer) the reality, for me, is that it is an intricate part of my spiritual beliefs and practice.

Tman

Some of my earliest memories were of feeling a sense that there was something going on...a feeling that there were some questions even adults couldn't or wouldn't answer. Despite my asking them, I got no answers and realized they knew as little or less than I did.

Over time the incongruencies in living a "normal life" began to collect, and while I learned to live with the "troubling dichotomies" inherent in a human existence, I did not stop mentally collecting the data. By the time I was a young adult I found my database provided me an understanding, or a framework of the two worlds...one which is socially acceptable and another which simply "makes sense". For me, reincarnation simply makes sense and its rationales include answers for the anomalies I have encountered.

Back