• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

1715 sea disaster

Aquaria

Senior Registered
All my life, for no reason, I have been scared to death of deep water. And I swim well. I love to swim. But when my feet dont touch bottom I start really losing my grip! I'm reading this amazing book called Living The Golden Path and it mentioned that intense and unexplainable fears may be leftover from a previous life. After much thought I concluded that I had drowned, and in a really horrible situation.

Today I was in a mediatative state writing down things that came to me, in turn looking for info about each online. Nothing. Then--the year 1714. I looked up "maritime disaster 1714".

In 1715 an entire fleet of Spanish ships was destroyed when a hurricane hit suddenly, killing more than a thousand. They were on thier way home with gold and jewels for Queen Isabella, who had sent them in 1714. I believe I may have been the lover of a sailor, on board with him and our child. I had a vision of us.

This is the source of one of the greatest treasure hunts in the world. Most of the "booty" is in the Mel Fisher museum in Key West. I went there on vacation with my family over summer, and though I never went inside the museum, it made me feel strange just looking at it. It was so strange. There was something seriously weird about that place. It had a magnetic quality. I wanted to go in, and also I really did not. And this was before I even believed in all this new age stuff.

Does anyone else think I may have died in the Spanish fleet disaster?

There were a large number of maritime accidents before the advent of modern navigating aids. Not all of them can currently be found on the internet. Still large histoic disasters can be found.

If you feel a pull towards this particular disaster, then do some research on it. Check if your memories are compatible with the historic details. Most of all, listen to your instincts and follow where they lead you. It can be the most amazing journey of self discovery no matter what you find.:)

the year!

i had another vision. i was clinging desperately to a large piece of wood. the waves were over my head. it was a terrible storm. the ocean was not cold. i was drowning. my last thoughts were for my son, hoping that he would live. that he was okay, safe. also i have seen myself on a boat, watching the sunset from the deck. i am sure i died at sea. that only would explain my fear of deep water, right? ever since i can remember. it can be anywhere, the deep end of a pool, a deep lake. the darkness of the water is what scares me the most. i am not afraid of drowning, or of sea monsters, or something. just deep water itself. there has to be a REASON for this. it has bothered me for years in fact. i remember my childhood swimming lessons and being terrified of the deep water.

Hi Aquaria,

I also had a bad experience with drowning in a past life. :( It can really get to you. Instead of a fear of water per se, I came to the next life with a conviction that drowning was the worst possible way to die. You remember the water not being cold-- since you have that detail, that might help point you to research questions such as where and when your ship went down. Some shipwrecks would definitely have happened in cold water, some not. Also, Chelle gives good advice. Sometimes, a particular historical event that is recorded and has information available is the only way to get really good details on the more obscure event that actually happened to you, so your instincts pull you towards the modern information. Your memories and feelings may tell you whether you believe your past self actually died in that disaster or in a different situation.

I have particular years come up as important from time to time. They aren't always the same year-- they're not always important as, say, a death situation, but something in the life that stands out, either historically or within the personal experience of that life. Some years I've gotten are: death date, "best year of my life", year of a large contest which I could find on the internet, and for an earlier incarnation, the year they changed my trains-- sold the company and repainted so the train colors were different-- extremely important and traumatic to my mind at the time.

Recently I got impressions on the year 1920. I also got something about a dance (dance figured in extremely importantly in my most recent life) but as soon as the movement of the memory started, I got overwhelmed and emotional and stopped the memory, blocked it. I'm extremely emotional about that life again recently and I don't know why, it's just very sad, I'm getting over being angry at myself and am very sad.

But back to what you were saying-- the year-- I'd guess that yes, it is important, but it could be anything that was important to yourself. So try to keep an open mind about whether it was the year a ship went down or something else, like a marriage, birth of your son or something else.

As for how to know whether it's past life memories or not, some people class them as memories because they act like memories and feel like memories, and since they are known not to have occurred in the current life, a past (or some other-- parallel, future) life must be the source of the vision. Some people think they're crossovers with others' lives, shared experiences. I think a lot of this is covered in the FAQ but you have to just kind of dig around and find opinions, then decide for yourself what resonates with you.

thanks Feech.

The Spanish fleet sank off the coast of Florida in 1715. As I mentioned the water not being cold, and in my vision the sky was dark. As I mentioned, last summer I went to Florida on vacation. I remember Miami Beach at night, walking on the shore. The water was WARM. I found this incredibly shocking, being from Virginia and used to cold Atlantic (this part of the East not getting to a good swimming tempeture, or at least a tolerable one, until early June) not Florida's warm Atlantic!

Also something else ocean-related happened in 1714. Several years before 4 ships had wrecked off the coast of England, and in 1714 it was decided that someone must begin to map the English coastline, or something like that. It was called the Longitude Act. Many sailors died assisting in the mapping, which began several years later.

This is turning into a history lesson! I was not expecting that!

confused

This is driving me crazy!

Last night during meditation, it came to me and I knew it was true. More than anything other tidbits I'd recieved. My name was Abigail. My son's was Samuel. The names sounded old to me. Looking on the internet, I see that Abigail Collins lost her husband in a shipwreck. She had a son named Samuel. He also survived. They were Irish. This was in the 1600's. It didnt say if they were in the shipwreck too, but I think they were. Or SOMEBODY I knew was.

Why am I getting vastly different information? It doesnt add up.

What if I didnt even HAVE a past life? I had to, right?

"Why am I getting vastly different information? It doesnt add up."

Aquaria, "Abigail" and "Samuel" aren't particularly uncommon names. Maybe you've found a family with names similar to yours, and your family isn't mentioned on the internet. If your memories and feelings go with Abigail Collins' experience, then you might have been her, but it sounds like the only thing confusing you so much is that she's on the internet and her first name matches yours, but her experience (and the year) doesn't match your other messages. In that case, I'd take your memories over what's available on the internet. It's also possible that this Abigail has some parallel connection to you-- something about her the same as your past life, information you can get from historical accounts about her that you can't get about the Abigail that was you.

Another possibility-- you're sure your name was Abigail, but maybe that conviction happened so you would look up the names "Samuel" and "Abigail" and find some important information. Maybe you're supposed to currently believe those are the names you and your son had, so that you would find the Collins family.

Also-- you could have been the Abigail on the internet, and also a woman who drowned in a shipwreck later in the 1700's-- you could be meditating on and researching two different lives.

Don't worry about it, just back off of it and see what comes up next, don't try to force the information to fit, it fits somehow and eventually it'll come easier if you don't get too frustrated with yourself (easier said than done).

WOW, AQUARIA! WHAT A COINCIDENCE!

This past summer I did an internship with an underwater archaeology company who is EXCAVATING THE VERY FLEET YOU ARE SPEAKING OF! In fact, I have a book coming out in April ABOUT the 1715 Plate Fleet! I know all about it!

I can't give you too many names, but if there is anything else you want/need to know about this fleet, I am the person to ask! It is a fascinating story!

The Fleet DID sink in a hurricane in 1715, however, the only reason the fleet was near Florida at the time was because they had left Havana harbor later than they should have. This is because they were under pressure from King Carlos of Spain to return as quickly as possible - not ONLY did the Fleet carry the funds needed to fend off the English and Dutch (this was during Queen Anne's War) but also, Carlos had just married a foreign princess who refused to give him her virginity until her dowry was paid. Her dowry was on the ships! THAT'S why the ships had to leave the safety of harbor during HURRICANE season, which is not something they usually did!

Here are some fantastic links for you: they have many, many pictures and a more detailed history:

• McLarty Treasure Museum: http://www.atocha1622.com/mclarty.htm

• Historical Research and Development, Inc: http://www.hrd1715.com/ (this is the company I worked for)

Man, what a weird coincidence, huh? Seriously, I'd be more than happy to help you out with any questions you might have about the Fleet! If you want to know more, by all means email me: erinbl@goshen.edu

Good to meet you!

again

Aquinas, thats so cool! I do have a question --- were there families on the ships? I may have been a survivor but I "remember" drowning. I was with my son and my lover.

More has come to me. I am dead positive I was Abigail, maybe not Abigail Collins. That was my name though, Abigail. I have seen a woman, me I assume, holding a baby in a rocking chair. I have also seen my son at 5, asking me why daddy has to be away on the ship. Both of us miss him. I think he works on the ship and is gone for long periods of time. Maybe he died there. In both these scenes the house is very old. We didnt have a lot of money clearly, and I think it was before electricity. And the creepiest thing is -- yesterday I saw the kid from my vision, when I was shopping. It was his real world twin. Talk about creepy.

Aquaria,

Yep, there were plenty of families on the ships. There might have been some sailors' families, but I don't know that there would have been too many. If your husband was a higher official (and not just a regular sailor) then the chances are much better you would have been there.

Most of the women and children on the ships did NOT make it to shore. Ships of the day tended to hug the coast for navigational reasons (mostly because their navigational instruments were poor, and so staying in sight of land was an easy way to keep track of their progess) and so that means that the ships were more exposed to the hard, dead reef that lay only a few feet under the water. When the wind blows hard enough over a body of water like that, the wind peels the water back to expose this reef to the surface, which then would rip the bottom out of any boat that came too near it. This is what happened to the 1715 Fleet.

Women, because they had such heavy dresses, and children, because they were not strong enough to swim, drowned quickly. About half of the people made it to shore and set up a survivors camp until help came down from St. Augustine. If you've ever been along this coast, its hard to imagine a less inhospitable stretch of land. There's no food, no water, and no shelter. Most people, even if they made it to shore, died along this beach from hunger, thirst or exhaustion.

I've walked along where the survivor's camp is (there is a museum there now) and all the hair stood up on the back of my head. Those spirits are still there.

MORE!! this getting good....

During meditation it came to me again. Not just Abigail, Abigail Stratton. I dont know if my name was Stratton but it probably was.

You can find this kind of stuff on geneology web sites.

Hartford, Connecticut, early 1700's. Abigail's maiden name was Moore. She married William Stratton, who died onboard a ship three years later, in 1709. He was in a navy of some kind, and died of a sickness. This is also the year Abigail died, and in the same month as her husband. I wonder what the circumstances were surrounding her death. I assume she took her life out of grief. How sad. She had two sons. None of them was named Samuel. Abigail died at age 27.

I have been to Connecticut. I loved it there. No weird connection though. I was also 13 at the time, I mean, I dont really remember my feelings about the place.

Back