• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

2 Glimpses

Collective

New Member
Hello :)

My 1st post. If I'd just had the 1st image below, I probably would never have come here. But this morning, unbidden, I had a second image.

First was when I was meditating a few years ago:

I got the visual image of a young boy, maybe 12 to 14 years of age. Standing in a forest, on a trail, or dirt road going through it. He (I?) was dressed in a typical medieval clothing of dark greens and browns. He had his back to me and was just standing there on this trail, perhaps 20 to 30 feet away from my point of perspective. Oh and he had shoulder length black hair. I also, a few seconds later, saw another scene, same boy. This time I (like I was now inside this boy) was looking down at manacles or something on my wrists, and I got the feeling I was either in a blacksmith's shop, or I was somehow related to a blacksmith or the trade of black smithing.

Second time this morning, meditating again:

I got this visual of a young girl, again perhaps 12 to 14 years of age, but for some reason I'd go with the 14 years. Wearing a long shoulder to ankle white gown/dress, unadorned apart from blue flowers or something similar dotted all over. Each 'flower' about the size of a child's fist.

This young girl had jet black hair and it too was shoulder length. I recall it was glossy shiny black, the shiniest I've seen on a person. This scene too place in a bright sunlit marble room, pretty much empty of anything else. It was definitely however in ancient Greece. I also got the impression that she was a slave of sorts, and that she was about to do some chore. She wasn't a badly treated slave, but I got the impression that, whilst not totally happy - she wasn't all that pleased with who/what she was. A serf.

Finally, a name came to me, Lyssia, or Lyssa, or Lycia. I did a search and apparently it's the name of a greek goddess of Insanity and rabies! I assume it could also therefore be a name for a girl living in Greece at that time.

I have no idea what to make of these. The first was a conscious effort to recall a past life - the second came totally unbidden. There seems to be a connection of slavery/serfdom though - wherein both characters had accepted their lot in life. Both are young teens, both have shoulder length black hair. I have short black hair.

Strange that if you ask me I'd say I don't believe in reincarnation, so I'm wondering why did the images (the 2nd at least) come up unbidden?

Any thoughts?
 
Hello Collective and welcome to the forum. :)


In my opinion, nothing is remembered without a reason. There may be a connection between these two lives that make them relevant to your life today. With the second life you saw, my first thought is maybe there is something going on in your life right now that may have triggered this memory. Your subconscious might be trying to tell your conscious mind something. What that something is and what the connection is I'm obviously unable answer that for you.


I don't think it's that uncommon for people to catch a glimpse into a past life, but most of the time it will go unspoken. Most people, not knowing or not believing, will dismiss it as a weird dream or an overactive imagination. If it's something that sticks with them, they won't tell anyone about it because they don't want anyone to think they're crazy or weird.
 
Hi Collective, and welcome to the forum, thanks for sharing your experiences :)


Did either of those images make a lasting impression on you? any intense feelings or emotions with them? I agree with everything that Truthseeker has said already, it sounds like you've remembered past lives to me.


I'm curious, you said that you don't believe in reincarnation, yet your first meditation was a "conscious effort to remember a past life", and now you find yourself in a reincarnation forum asking what these visions of yours could be, do you feel that they could be something more than just your imagination? : angel


Chris
 
ChrisR said:
Hi Collective, and welcome to the forum, thanks for sharing your experiences :)
Did either of those images make a lasting impression on you? any intense feelings or emotions with them? I agree with everything that Truthseeker has said already, it sounds like you've remembered past lives to me.


I'm curious, you said that you don't believe in reincarnation, yet your first meditation was a "conscious effort to remember a past life", and now you find yourself in a reincarnation forum asking what these visions of yours could be, do you feel that they could be something more than just your imagination? : angel


Chris
I don't really believe in reincarnation. It's why I tried meditation to see what I would experience. What I experienced the 1st time I documented above. The 2nd time I didn't even try to recall any past life.


I'm here to ask people what they think about my 2 experiences as I have no idea about this kind of thing. It may be my mind playing tricks or it may not. I don't really know. So I was hoping someone somehow could perhaps shed some light on the situation.
 
Welcome Collective.


There are many human beings that do believe that reincarnation is true. I would guess that as many or more do believe than don't. Whether you believe may not be important in the scheme of things - except one has to wonder why you have had these experiences and why you have sought out this forum, perhaps it is somehow important to you in ways that you don't yet know.


The significance of these memories may be something that you come to understand in due time. You may be on a path leading to an understanding about yourself and what life is all about that will lead to wonderful life experiences for you. I sometimes think that we begin to have questions about life when we are sufficiently ready to accept what we would not have entertained before.


I think our minds can play tricks on us but we can usually tell over time, one way or another, if that is the case. Persistent memories or images may be vestiges of something real that you once experienced.
 
Hiya Collective and welcome to the forum :)


I find your possible memories interesting. Do you think the two experiences reflected seperate (possible) past lives or did the boy and girl know each other?


I also just wanted to comment that Lycia is - or was - also the name of a state in Southern Anatolia in prehistory. You can read more about it here :)


:thumbsup:
 
I can only point to the fact that both were in some kind of servitude and both gave an air of being unhappy with their lot but also had accepted it.


I think it may be myself not entirely happy with my future death - but helpless to do anything about it.


I checked that Lycia out too, strange that. I also found that Lyssa wass the name of a greek goddess...of insanity and rabies! Go fgure :laugh:
 
Stardis: "You may be on a path leading to an understanding about yourself and what life is all about that will lead to wonderful life experiences for you. I sometimes think that we begin to have questions about life when we are sufficiently ready to accept what we would not have entertained before."
Well said Stardis. This is my thought on the situation also.


Thank you for joining us Collective. I would only add that I believe death is only a small step in a much greater process. It has its own beauty, deep in the darkness. Allow your meditation practice to unravel the mystery in the quiet.


Tinkerman
 
Back
Top