• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

A dream of my WWII lifetime...

seagreen

Member
I apologize in advance for the length of this post.

All my life, I've been strongly attracted to the WWII era, to the fashion, music, and history. I am American in this lifetime, but my interest in WWII has predominantly been in the German experience of WWII. My father, who was born the year after WWII ended and was later in the military, is also a WWII history buff and was particularly interested in the Luftwaffe.

Nearly three years ago, I had a dream that I believe was a memory from my life during WWII. I wish that I knew more history, and I'm hoping that someone here will know if my details make sense. I have a strong feeling, partly from the setting of the dream and from what history I do know, that this dream was set in Vichy France.

In the dream, I was a dark-haired European woman, probably in my mid-to-late twenties. I was staying in an old, slightly rundown but beautiful country house, and with me were several soldiers. The time of year seemed to be late spring or summertime, as the house was surrounded by thick vegetation and vines, and it was pretty warm. The house had been emptied of most everything. There were a few pieces of damaged furniture still in it. There was also an old, out-of-tune piano on the second floor.

I wish that I had written down all of the details and feelings I had on the morning I had the dream, but I didn't, so here's what I do remember. I was the only woman in the house, and I think it either belonged to me or my family, but there was no family anymore. I was assisting these Nazi soldiers, and there were maybe ten or fifteen of them in the house with me. It was pretty clear that I had been helping them in some way for a while, because we knew each other well, they trusted me, and accepted me. However, the highest ranking soldier there was particularly important to me. I had overwhelming feelings of love and affection for him, and it seemed that he had the same feelings for me, but we were unable to express our love for each other. I can't explain how intense my longing for him was. But it was a sad feeling, because I knew that we were all doomed in that house.

It was understood that we were expecting an attack, that we were wanted, that our whereabouts were known or would be soon, and that we were weak. I think we all expected to die, but weren't saying it out loud. We all tried to remain strong and form some kind of plan, but our plans were futile. I remember playing the piano for the soldiers a couple of times, trying to lift our spirits some. But the mood of the dream was tense and dreary. One of the times I played the piano was for the soldier I loved. I remember that after I did this, he briefly touched my hand, and I just wanted to cry. I didn't, though, because I was trying to remain strong.

Then, it was understood that the next day had come. And we were under attack. Some other soldiers outside were firing on the house, and the soldiers with me were firing from the windows. But the guns outside were much more powerful than what we had. Some were killed in the exchange. I remember trying to find the one I loved, but I was downstairs and he was upstairs. I was also trying to find a weapon of my own to try to help, as pointless as it was.

After a while, the firing from outside stopped. I knew that most of the men in the house were dead upstairs or in the other rooms. I felt angry and terrified, and I knew that something worse was coming. I knew that the entire area was going to be destroyed and that it was coming soon. I was overwhelmed with emotion, and without thinking, decided to run outside with a gun I'd found to see if I could attack the soldiers who had attacked my house. I ran out the front door, and stopped in my tracks. I could suddenly hear a low-flying plane in the distance, and instantly knew I was a dead woman. I decided that I wanted to die with the soldiers and with the house, so I ran back inside. I got down on the floor by the wall, and covered my head with my hands. Moments later, everything exploded in flames. I briefly felt such terror and agony, but then, I came up out of myself and was looking down on the scene. The house was destroyed, and my body lay there in flames and wreckage. And I thought to myself that death was not so bad, and I felt completely relieved that the struggle was done. I was at peace in that moment. And then I woke up. I can't explain how I felt when I opened my eyes. It was like I had stepped back through a doorway into my current life from that one. It was so real.

Anyway, I hope my post didn't bore you all, and that someone here can shed some light on what exactly happened in this dream and if those events sound like they could have been real. I strongly believe that this dream was a flashback of a past life, but I guess there is always a chance that it was something my brain concocted. But I could swear to you that this really happened to me. It did not feel like a dream.
 
Thank you for sharing this. It was not too long or boring. The more details we have the easier it is to search or figure out what happened. It sounds to me like you were one of the (many) French women who collaborated with the Germans. This was most likely after the D-Day invasion in June, 1944. You were probably attacked by an American or British fighter plane. Do you remember what the plane looked like? I'm guessing a P-47 "Thunderbolt". They were based in southern England and were used a lot in France. The P-51 "Mustang" was newer and had a longer range because of a bigger gas tank. Because of the longer range the P-51 was used more over Germany itself. The British were using the "Hurricane" fighter a lot over France, I think. You need to start keeping a journal and write everything down when you have a dream or flashback that could be PL related. Do you think you knew your dad in a past life?
 
Thank you so much for the response and for the information, Argonne.


I cannot be sure of the type of plane that bombed us. I looked up the ones you mentioned, and the plane I remember was bigger than these. However, I had this dream nearly three years ago, so I could be remembering it not quite the way it really was. Some of the visuals are fuzzy now, but the plot and the emotions are still very clear to me.


I looked up some information about the French women collaborators, and I am certain this is what I was. I will continue to do some research on them. I read that they were treated pretty badly after the war, and maybe that is why I decided I would prefer to go down with the house and with the soldiers who were in it. I could tell from the dream that I was extremely strong-willed and egotistical, and I would not have wanted to be captured and punished.


This leads me to why I think this lifetime is affecting me now. I won't get into too much detail, but I have had major struggles with my ego, self-esteem, and with being assertive in my current lifetime. It's like I am getting forced to balance out my personality.


You asked about my father. Well, I do have a psychic that I sometimes see, and he is very good and I trust him. I told him about this dream at the time I had it, and he immediately said that the soldier I loved is my father in this current lifetime. This was interesting to me because it had crossed my mind before he even told me that. My father and I are not close now, though, and have had a tense relationship at times. We love each other, but it has not always been pretty.


I think I will try to do some more digging into this lifetime, either through regression therapy or by journeying. I would like to put a name to this woman and a specific location.
 
Interesting story. Thanks for sharing.


Since I do not know your age, I am interested to know whether your father survived WW2 or both have reincarnated into a new life time.
 
Micjer said:
Since I do not know your age, I am interested to know whether your father survived WW2 or both have reincarnated into a new life time.
Thanks, Micjer. I am in my early thirties, and my father was born the year after WWII ended. So, I guess he reincarnated very quickly if he did live during that time period.
 
I am far from an expert on any of this, but I have been told that many people who died in WWII jumped "back in" very quickly. I am a little younger than your father, born four years after the war ended, but as you know, the birth rate was very high from 1946, all the way through 1966. The birth rate gave souls a lot of potential opportunity to return. It has also been suggested that the anti-war movement of the Viet Nam era was due to souls being reluctant to die that way a second time. I have been personally surprised by the number of forum members who died in WWII, had brief lives afterward, and have returned again, and are old enough to post!
 
BriarRose, thanks for the response. That is a really interesting theory about the dead from WWII being reincarnated in the '60s as antiwar protestors. I'd never heard that, but it makes sense to me. Also, I feel like I might have been one of these people you mentioned who died in WWII, died in Vietnam, and is back again. I have often suspected that I either died fighting in the Vietnam conflict or was alive and died in some other way during this time, a few years before I was born into my current incarnation.
 
Seagreen,


Thanks for an interesting post. WW2 has always been of abiding interest to me also; I've even written magazine articles on the subject. I'm try trying to discover my own role in it, but I'm pretty certain I was a pilot in somebody's air force.


Anyway, I may be able to contribute a little here. Vichy France was unoccupied by German forces until November 1942, so your PL dream would have to relate to a point in time after that. From that date, right up to September, 1944, three months after the Allied invasion at Normandy, there was ongoing fighting between the resistance movement and the Gestapo (German secret police) and Vichy militias, which only ceased after General De Gaulle declared Petain's Vichy state abolished in September '44, following on from the liberation of Paris.


I'm not sure of the extent to which the allied armies and air forces saw combat in Vichy France - I will look that up - but the aircraft could be one of any number of allied fighter-bombers. The Mustang and Thunderbolt have already been mentioned. If British, it was more likely a Hawker Typhoon than Hurricane. Or it could have been a twin engined medium bomber such as a B-25 Mitchell or B-26 Marauder.


Good luck in your quest.
 
Seagreen,Have uploaded some pictures of the aircraft mentioned - may jog your memory.

Typhoon1.jpg

Typhoon2.jpg

Typhoon3.jpg

Mitchell.jpg

Marauder.jpg

/monthly_2013_02/Typhoon1.jpg.6a972ede1024808b391ff62be69d645d.jpg

/monthly_2013_02/Typhoon2.jpg.41493125fb981a3cbfa6aea6465e1e97.jpg

/monthly_2013_02/Typhoon3.jpg.c8522b1f51750cabf2b3ff19acad0c0b.jpg

/monthly_2013_02/Mitchell.jpg.5e08ada94434909c768d263440d15098.jpg

/monthly_2013_02/Marauder.jpg.dac7d6904558761aeece09c659e508df.jpg
 
Thank you for sharing, seagreen. I found your post fascinating. I've only had one or two dreams that have struck me as being PL related, luckily I've been keeping a dream journal for about five years, so it's been really helpful since I started to look for clues about my past lives. So I agree completely with argonne1918 about recording everything!


I've always been fascinated by WWII, but the events I'd assumed we're from that era were actually WWI related. I would have been 39 at the start of WWII, so I think I took a great interest in what was happening during the second war after feeling so isolated and cut-off during the first.


Really looking forward to hearing more of your story!
 
On a more general note, given the vast cost in life during WW2, it is hardly surprising that so many of us feel drawn to that era, and even have PL memories of the period. When I was in my early thirties, a reliable medium once told me I had been shot down and killed while flying a mission in WW2. The other details he gave suggested I had been an American fighter pilot, which meant the aircraft I'd have been flying would most probably have been a P-51 Mustang or P-47 Thunderbolt. Interestingly, not long after I started learning to fly in this current life, aged 19 (which felt more like refreshing my skills), I took to wearing a brown, cow hide leather A2 flying jacket - a facsimile reproduction of those worn by American fighter pilots in WW2. I felt very at home in it! I can't claim to have any memories of being shot down, suffering a traumatic death, but the draw to that time has always been incredibly strong.
 
Arrant said:
The other details he gave suggested I had been an American fighter pilot, which meant the aircraft I'd have been flying would most probably have been a P-51 Mustang or P-47 Thunderbolt.
Both of us have forgotten the famous P-38 Lightning. It looked unusual because it had twin booms and two engines. It was used for different missions besides just as a fighter. It was fitted with a camera when used for photo reconnaissance. I think it was used more in the Pacific, but plenty were also used in Europe.
 
seagreen said:
I looked up some information about the French women collaborators, and I am certain this is what I was. I will continue to do some research on them. I read that they were treated pretty badly after the war, and maybe that is why I decided I would prefer to go down with the house and with the soldiers who were in it.
I wonder how you would have looked with your head shaved? This is what the mobs did to these women after liberation. You maybe able to find newsreel footage on YouTube.
 
argonne1918 said:
Both of us have forgotten the famous P-38 Lightning. It looked unusual because it had twin booms and two engines. It was used for different missions besides just as a fighter. It was fitted with a camera when used for photo reconnaissance. I think it was used more in the Pacific, but plenty were also used in Europe.
I hadn't forgotten the P-38 Lightning, I have just never been drawn to it like the other principal American fighters. Besides, it was relatively short ranged, meaning it could only escort the American bombers to the German border before having to turn for home. And I was told I had been shot down over Germany itself.
 
Hi again, everyone. Thanks for all of the feedback and information. This is all fascinating to me, the interest we all share in WWII.


Arrant, the Typhoon and Marauder you posted look closer to what I saw in my dream. They are closer to the right size.


Also, I found this video reel from France. It was taken by the British Army, I believe. The video shows some captive French women collaborators, as well as the village where they lived which was bombed. The house at 1:05 gave me the chills. It looks eerily like the house in my dream. I'm not saying it is THE house, but it looks so much like it.


http://www.britishpathe.com/video/scenes-in-french-village


I remembered the other day that my mother used to say I had strong reactions to planes when I was a baby. We lived near the airport, so the sound of planes was a daily event for me, and they were usually flying pretty low as they came in for a landing. She said that she would take me outside sometimes, and if a plane flew over too low, I would run, put my head on the ground, and cover my head with my hands. This is exactly what I did in my dream, too. I even have a picture of myself somewhere doing this when I was about a year old, just having learned to walk. My mother used to say it was the funniest thing to see me do that. I didn't cry or get upset, but I definitely had an interesting reaction. I can remember being very afraid of that sound when I got a little older.
 
It's really no surprise that so many of us have such an interest in WWII. They say around 60 million were killed as a result of it and over two billion people all together experienced the war. That's over a quarter of the current population. I reckon a great many souls born from 1945 until now lived through those years, and this will most likely have been the majority's first or second life since.
 
So, I think I might have mentioned on this thread or elsewhere on the forum that I have a trusted psychic friend. I saw him yesterday, and I asked him a few questions about this WWII lifetime. I didn't tell him much about what I've been feeling or thinking in my own head because I wanted to get his honest reaction. Well, he said everything I have been thinking. He said that the guilt I felt over some of my actions during that lifetime have led me to feel that I need to "atone" for them during this lifetime. He also told me that he felt strongly that I was Jewish, and that my house in the dream was empty because my family had been taken away. I was still alive to fight because I sold my soul in a sense and decided to support the enemy. He also told me that he kept hearing the name Lisette and thinks this was what I was called at the time.


Ever since I wrote about my dream here, I have been concentrating on that lifetime, trying to bring more memories to mind, and trying to piece things together. I have made so many connections between this life and that one, and can see how so many events and problems in my current life reflect the other. Sometimes it nearly scares me. I want to do a regression or journey soon and see what else I can discover about this woman I was.
 
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I had some thoughts to add to it.


I tried to journey to this past life a few weeks ago, hoping to get some new information. One of the interesting things that happened was that, as I regressed, for a few moments I got stuck on myself as a baby. The feeling I got was that I was terrified to keep going past that moment, because then I would be in the place between life and death. For whatever reason, that thought was terrifying. It almost kept me from going any further. But I was able to continue.


Once I got to my WWII lifetime, I saw almost the exact same scene from my dream, the moment of my impending death. It was a horrible, stressful, overwhelming feeling. I knew I was going to die. Almost everyone who was in the house with me was dead, and I was alone. If anyone was still alive, they were upstairs and away from me. I knew that I had no choice but to stay in the house or run, but either way, I was dead. It was such a heavy feeling that I decided to come out of the journey pretty quickly. I didn't want to experience it again.


I'm hoping that I can return to this lifetime again in a future journey and find out more about my life prior to that situation and how I got into it. I just keep seeing those same moments over and over again.
 
You never have to apologize for bringing up a thread, seagreen. This one is personally very important to you. I always seem to get "stuck" at the moment of death. Eventually, I get through it, but there is fear, and unpleasant physical sensation involved. My only advice would be to persist, but be as gentle as possible with your self. Many therapists seem to give a suggestion that you will watch the death scene, but not feel fear, or the physical sensations of your passing. Does the one you are working with use that technique?
 
BriarRose said:
You never have to apologize for bringing up a thread, seagreen. This one is personally very important to you. I always seem to get "stuck" at the moment of death. Eventually, I get through it, but there is fear, and unpleasant physical sensation involved. My only advice would be to persist, but be as gentle as possible with your self. Many therapists seem to give a suggestion that you will watch the death scene, but not feel fear, or the physical sensations of your passing. Does the one you are working with use that technique?
BriarRose, thanks for the words of encouragement. The therapist I am seeing has not given me any suggestions for this. Right now, she only knows that I have used shamanic journeying as a technique to look into past lives, but maybe I can talk to her more about other techniques. She agreed with me that this lifetime affects me now for a variety of reasons, so it's certainly worth continuing to investigate.
 
Back
Top