• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

a past life memory or...?

kemetic18

Member
I had a strange experience when I was about 9 or 10. I'm having trouble distinguishing if this is a past life memory or somehow I just picked up on something that happened in that spot years earlier.

At the time, my family lived in an urban area. One hot summer day we went to this older shopping center. It was on a busy road with a huge parking lot and U-shaped with lots of stores. As my mom pulled into the parking lot, I had this vivid "memory"...

I saw the exact same parking lot only it was early evening, (dull light, greyish winter sky) and was empty except for a couple cars. It "felt" like the mid-1980's. A little african-american boy, maybe 7 or 8 years old, was walking alone across the abandoned lot wearing a heavy black winter coat and a black knit cap. A green car with two black men pulled up with rap music blaring and circled around the boy. The driver said something and when the boy looked up, he shot him in the head and sped off.

The strange thing about it was, although it was disturbing, it was kind of like watching a movie. I didn't feel the intense, gut-reaction that I've had when remembering traumatic past life memories.

We went to that plaza many times but I only once experienced anything like that. I was born in my current lifetime in 1981 and this "memory" seemed later than that but I guess I could be wrong. The thing is whatever I saw happened in that plaza and I have zero memories of living in that area before. Any thoughts on this?
 
Mental time slip? I've read stories about people who see something that happened in the past as clearly as if they were seeing it happen in person. A private pilot who lost his bearings dipped below the clouds to look for a landmark only to see an airport alive with activity in the form of vintage airplanes and cars, all from the 1930's. When he finally got to his destination, he went back to find the airport since it was on his charts only as an emergency landing spot. He found the airport all right, but it had been closed since the late 30's. Perhaps you went through something similar.
 
It sounds more like a psychic experience to me :) Have you tried finding out if someone has been murdered there? Surely, if a little boy had been killed it must have been recorded somewhere.


Are you familiar with psychic experiences or has this been unique? :)
 
Thanks for the replies. :thumbsup:


I agree this seems more like a psychic experience. I read on here once about past life memories having intense emotional reactions attached and since that's what I've always personally experienced, the striking lack of emotion with this "memory" made me think it might be something else.


Sunniva, you asked if this was a unique experience...yes and no. Throughout my life I get feelings or "vibes" about places and sometimes people but never something so vivid as this. I had a friend who's house I hated visiting because it always gave me a sense of forboding, like something very bad happened there. She had no idea what I was talked about and loved the house.


Anyway, for my own curiosity I may try to see if I can find an old newspaper story from the area and see if a boy was killed there in the '80s.
 
Back
Top