• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

A past life remembered

I know dozens and dozens of old songs from the era Shadows and your songs sound like originals to me. What sort of tune would you put it to? Can you find a musician to collaborate with and write a melody for some of these?


Here is something nice to get your creative juices flowing.


'>


While you're doing that though, think what these songs are about? What stories come to you? What's it all about? Might be therapeutic to look into it in quiet moments. This often brings understanding, acceptance and ultimately peace.
 
I keep thinking about that girl at the beach


youtube you posted while it's not me


I do remember the beach cities alot


As far as songs go some about my past life especially two


of them. I still see myself singing them in that time.


Collaborate ?I have few people in mind


though just a dream.
 
The songs seem to be a large part of your memories and you say you remember singing them. Do you remember if you ever performed them for others or not?


Before the age of mass media it would not have been uncommon for a singer to have songs that only they knew, ones they had personally created or ones they had heard only a few other people sing. So don't be discouraged if you can't find them online.
 
In some my memories I picture small clubs


Maybe? I didn't like large crowds or I didn't want


take peoples B.S. I know some, I did see myself


Singing some of them.


At times I can hear music as well


sometimes it's unsettling.
 
tanguerra said:
I know dozens and dozens of old songs from the era Shadows and your songs sound like originals to me. What sort of tune would you put it to? Can you find a musician to collaborate with and write a melody for some of these?
Here is something nice to get your creative juices flowing.


'>


While you're doing that though, think what these songs are about? What stories come to you? What's it all about? Might be therapeutic to look into it in quiet moments. This often brings understanding, acceptance and ultimately peace.
I hear mostly low key instrument horns cello


not real loud.
 
BriarRose said:
In the era you speak of, it might have been a Civil War flag. Considering your history, that would be interesting. A lot of children use towels as "super hero" capes, or used to. Maybe, with the flag, you were pretending to be a princess?
My grandfather was in the civil war thats most likely


where the flag came from.
 
Another random memory came out today.


I was in my backyard of my house it was surround


by large brown fence. The garden area had bricks


outlined most of backyard in a square pattern


I was holding playing with one my dogs.


I was wearing light blue dress I was looking


through a crack in fence.


Then I looked over toward the back of the house


I could see what it looked like thats it.


It was semi cloudy day.


The other memory I have which held back for awhile


I was in my backyard again I was playing with one of


my dolls in fit of rage, I grabbed it by the legs and


smashed against a large tree in my back yard.


The doll head shattered then jumped up and down


till smashed the rest of it. And threw it somewhere.
 
shadowsofmypast said:
The other memory I have which held back for awhile I was in my backyard again I was playing with one of my dolls in fit of rage, I smashed it against a tree. The doll head shattered then jumped up and down
till smashed the rest of it. And threw it somewhere.
What kind of doll head? Porcelain?
 
Another memory that has come together.


When I was 5 ? I wanted this blue old fashioned


toy peddle car for christmas It looked like


a car from 20's. Like my car I had in that life.


When I got it, I was scared to death of it


I was screaming and crying. I didn't touch it for months


Now I realize why that brought me such grief


and pain. It made remember some part


of that past life.


Even back then, some part of me knew. :(
 
Can you find a picture of either the big car or peddle car and post it? When I was 3 or 4 in the 1950's I got a yellow peddle car dump truck. I remember riding it up and down the street. Maybe you were killed in a car accident?
 
I think I remember the peddle cars you are talking about shadows. Were the design and construction quite simple? The one I remember had three wheels, a low wooden seat, and a handlebar. It was a kind of primitive "Trike".
 
Other memories I have had,


dealing with my past life in 20's. When I was real young


I had a lamp that made made a large sea shell


with with sword fish a palm tree on it


as well and more sea shells.


Sometimes I would turn off all my lights except


for the lamp. I would stare at that lamp


I would get memories of my past life


I saw club with alot people partying.


and other memories too.


Also in my house in the kitchen hanged


to picture tins of coca cola girls from the 20's


I would stare at them everyday and get


lost in moment.
 
A lot of nightclubs had tropical themes. Refresh my memory, shadows. Which coast did you live on the the 20's? Your home having a lot of antiques and collectibles must have been a real memory "spur" for you!
 
BriarRose said:
A lot of nightclubs had tropical themes. Refresh my memory, shadows. Which coast did you live on the the 20's? Your home having a lot of antiques and collectibles must have been a real memory "spur" for you!
I think she said near San Francisco. She talked about the famous "Cliff House".
 
oh,yes.! antiques evoked memories I could not quite grasp


being around 8. It was hard but some part of me


knew I was here before.


That is why I had such anger and sadness


in my life with toy peddle car etc.


I moved around alot in that past life


Atlantic city and many others.


I didn't want anything tying me down.


I found picture of theater recently, It look very


familiar.
 
I wondered if you were at Trader Vic's or Don the Beachcomber restaurants in LA during your 60's life. For that matter, some one must have PL memories about being in "The Enchanted Tiki Room", or "The Tahitian Terrace" at Disneyland. Those memories would be really confusing, for anyone who gets them!
 
I rather let my 60's past life, stay


in box as can best describe a dealing with it.


I got some peace dealing with I am


no longer bogged down by it,


The 20's and my life back then


is always in front. Any other past lives


I have talked about. Are way in the back.


Now my problem my friend I mentioned, is repeating same


mistakes she did in her past lives 2 times over.cover face
 
The memory dealing with why I destroyed my doll


Walking by a old historic victorian house


I'm quite familiar with.


And no I did not live there in my past life.


I was looking at first floor window.


I got short memory I was looking out first


floor window of my house I was holding my doll


I was wearing a reddish dress .


I looked past my back yard into street.


were my ex friends were playing .


well, I was very upset I started to cry .


Then grew very ,very, angry.


I started squeeze my doll very tightly.


There was young boy in street he saw me.


I stared back with one looks could kill, stares.


Thats it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I loved my dolls It was an just object


to take my frustration in the end.


The boy, probably just lived neighborhood.


I am not really clear on that.


My feeling most children did not like me


Why? I sense I was different in that life too.?


children pick up on that as did in my present life.
 
Another memory came up


just now I was at beach resort like atlantic city


Me and friend walking around.


Then saw a building with big piece of glass


in front of building. I had painted


in the middle an object couldn't


make it out. Now, I can it was a crystal ball


painted yellow it was a psychic .


We walked in it was dark it was a older women


reddish hair we got a reading from.


She told one us something bad was going


happen to us if we did change our course.


She was right.OMGcover face


Oh god.
 
shadowsofmypast said:
Another memory came up
just now I was at beach resort like Atlantic City
It also could have been Santa Cruz, CA. That's close to San Francisco. Santa Cruz is the beach resort for San Francisco.
 
argonne1918 said:
It also could have been Santa Cruz, CA. That's close to San Francisco. Santa Cruz is the beach resort for San Francisco.
You might be right.


The images just came too fast I am sure


I will remember more.
 
This memory came out the same


vision I had with the resort It's devastation one.


please bear with me.


When my friend Melonie died. I was broken


I sleep in my bed all day and night.


But, I had the courage to sing at her funeral


It was some irish hymn I believe.


I refused to wear a hat for mourning


Only few close friends showed up.


Whigsy was our male friend he had light blonde wavey


hair he wore wavey and loose on top.


And Carol and other people I can't remember.


Melonies parents did not show up.


Because they disapproved of her entertainment life


In some way she so wanted their forgiveness.


It was windy gloomy day.


When I was singing I remember I was holding


something of hers in my hand. Most likely


a necklace.


I was so overwhelmed with this vision last


night
 
(( Shadows )) I am sorry this is hard for you. Do you remember many of the buildings on the boardwalk? Maybe we can help identify by some of the other things you saw.
 
Mama2HRB said:
(( Shadows )) I am sorry this is hard for you. Do you remember many of the buildings on the boardwalk? Maybe we can help identify by some of the other things you saw.
It all came at once it's those instances you can't stop crying


I had ask god make it stop.


I wrote down as much as I could. A memory like


does not go away.
 
I don't know why so many short memories are coming out


all of sudden? This was what they called a lawn


party. I was there with friend M


but was near race track? it was summer I believe


everybody was wearing light colored clothing


there was some billboard in back ground.
 
Back
Top