• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

A Thai Life

Chinita

Member
One of the lives I remember most fondly besides my life in Argentina was my life in Thailand. I'm half-Thai in this life and I'm very attached to my heritage, and when I was in maybe 5th grade I returned to the ruins of Sukhothai, the city where I later found out I lived in. I'm pretty sure my nickname was "Nok," which means bird in our language (though it might have been different, because our language has changed since the Sukhothai period. I had older sisters, and we were all dancers, but I was made fun of because I was clumsier than they were. I led a very happy, peaceful life with my husband, who was a solider. We lived in a relatively nice house for the time, nothing like nobility but we weren't poor either. I remember there were plumeria trees in bloom a lot of the time. I don't think we ever had children, though. It kind of ended when we went to war with the Burmese and he was killed in battle, and I'm not sure of what happened to me, but I remember feeling alone. I don't think I lived much longer afterwards, which wouldn't be surprising since many back then didn't live long.

Thought I may as well share. :)
~Chinita
 
Thank you for sharing. That was a beautiful memory, and well-told. Have you met your "then" husband in this life, or the Argentine one?
 
Actually, I feel like they may have been the same person, and whoever he is, I'm still looking for him.
 
I like the detail about being clumsier than your sisters! I know I'm posting really late here, but I was looking around older threads since I think one of my past lives may have been set in Thailand. Then I thought this story was too sweet not to comment on. The part about your husband is sad though, I hope you find him in this life (if you want to).
 
Glad to see another member with Thai connections! I've always been fascinated by the culture of Thailand. I don't think I was Thai, but had visited several times in another life-where I feel in love with it! Very interesting memories you have-hopefully you can gather more :)
 
Back
Top