• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

A vivid dream

I had a dream that has stuck with me for many years. I always thought it significant and unlike any other dream I can recall.On with the meat of the story.

In my early 20's I had a dream that could be called lucid dreaming, in that I was aware during the dream, but knowing I was asleep. This was the only time I remember such a thing happening before.

The details have grown a little fuzzy with time, but I during the dream, I remember being amazed at how "real" everything seemed to be. I was in a school which I knew to be the pre-school I attended in the 80's. I walked one or two rooms down the schools hallway and entered a room on the left, my old class room.

This is where it gets really strange for me. There is a flash? or something, and rather than my class room, I'm standing in some Japanese looking building. You know, with the straw mats and paper walls. I looked around thinking that this a cool dream, and wondering how my sleeping brain could come up with it.

There were two exits in this room, the one I came through, and another which lead me to a balcony which showed that I was quite high up, over looking lush countryside.
I marveled at this a moment, then suddenly, the ground shook violently.
At this point in a weird trance like way, I knelt on the floor, and held both palms of my hands facing downward. I took a deep breath and raised them to the sky, repeating this in several repetitions.

Now, the breathing/hand raising thing is a pre- exercise technique from a martial art. I very briefly studied Akido, when I was a teenager and I knew exactly what that was. As to why I was doing it, was weird to me, but dreams are weird.

I have sometimes wondered if hypnosis could help me to remember this better. At the time, it felt real, rather than dream.
 
Midnight-Memory said:
Now, the breathing/hand raising thing is a pre- exercise technique from a martial art. I very briefly studied Akido, when I was a teenager and I knew exactly what that was. As to why I was doing it, was weird to me, but dreams are weird.


I have sometimes wondered if hypnosis could help me to remember this better. At the time, it felt real, rather than dream.
Hi Midnight, and welcome to the Forum. It certainly seems as though another "reality" broke through into your earlier present life. I know that the practice of Aikido and some other martial arts can train a person to instantly strike a certain pose in preparation for sudden changes in one's surroundings. It, therefore, seems to me that meditation could possibly aid in your process of discovery.


When you studied Aikido, did you take to it naturally? How long did you study?


Let me point you to "BOOKS and LINKS About Reincarnation" where you can find additional information that will help a great deal. Chris R is one of the moderators for this section, and I'm sure he'll be on shortly to give you additional information. Please feel free to ask more questions.


-Nightrain
 
Thanks for sharing Midnight-Memory, and welcome to the forum :)


Your dream has rather a symbolic feel to it, but I would say the Japanese element would suggest a possible past life influence, I believe that sometimes our dreams can be a mixture of past and present life memories, as appears to be the case here. Do you think the ground shaking was perhaps an earthquake? a huge explosion?


Nightrain has already given you some good suggestions. If you are considering regression to find out more about your past, whether by yourself, or with a qualified therapist, there is plenty of information here to help get you started.


You may find these threads useful to begin with:

 
"When you studied Aikido, did you take to it naturally? How long did you study?"
A friend introduced me to it when I was thirteen. The instructor was a really wonderful man who taught for free at the gymnasium in a nearby college.


I was not a great student, lol. I was fit enough, but I had to spend long hours learning each maneuver until it became reflex.


Sadly, I only went for 6 months because my parents moved from the area.


I did find a local group 2 years ago. They do charge money, but only to cover the cost of renting a room for practice. I only did that for less than a year.


Like a lot of people, I lost my job and I've spent my savings by returning to college.


Hopefully, I can get back to practice again. Good times.
 
ChrisR,


Your web page about Lisbet, it's really amazing! That must have been a shocking dream to have repeatedly.


About the symbolism of my dream, could you elaborate? It was so real, like I was right there.
 
Sorry Midnight-Memory, perhaps a poor choice of words on my part, I wasn't suggesting that your dream wasn't past life related in any way. I just perceived the content of your dream to be like three seperate experiences all rolled into one, and how they relate to one another may "symbolize" something that's going on in your present life? Sorry if that confuses you, I think I'm confusing myself now : angel


Thanks for your comments about my webpage :thumbsup:
 
"I wasn't suggesting that your dream wasn't past life related in any way. "
I'm not claiming that it is past life either. Although it would be pretty cool. Occam's Razor would indicate that symbolism is indeed more likely than reincarnation. The thing that keeps me thinking about it is the realism of it all. That, and it was emotionally charged.


I might give the self hypnosis thing a go. That stuff is safe, right?
 
It's perfectly safe. You'll never get 'stuck' in a past life, you're in control at all times, and you'll only see what your subconcious will allow you to handle. All you are doing is putting yourself into an altered state, similar to daydreaming.


There is a difference between hypnosis and regression, a hypnotist will place subtle 'suggestions' into your subconscious, whereas a regressionist will only guide you through your present and past life memories. You may notice huge benefits straight away. And if you're thinking of trying it alone, there are a number of guided regression cd's to help you, and don't forget to keep a journal of your experiences. Good luck, and let us know how you get on :)
 
The Earthquake or whatever is probably the ground being shaken beneath your feet caused by your loss of your job. It shook you up. Your scene is going back to school. You just said..."I'm back in college" (Good for you) Now.....why it switched to school in Japan and your interest in Alkido could possibly relate to you having gone to school in a past life in Japan....maybe....certainly possible


I think your dream was telling you two things at once
 
The Earthquake or whatever is probably the ground being shaken beneath your feet caused by your loss of your job. It shook you up.
It's true that I was quite bothered by the job loss. I only mentioned it as a reason for discontinuing my Akido lessons a few years back.


My dream predates any of this by more than a decade. That dream was really something to still think about it all these years later.


Thanks for the reply everyone. :)
 
Hi,


Well, that changes things a bit. Now I'm saying that you were having a lucid dream of school and the scene changed to Japan and a school


You may have tuned into a past life in Japan and you experienced a real earthquake in that life while at school. Your interest in Akido comes from that time??


The fact that it was so vivid and you still remember it so well is another clue
 
Now I'm saying that you were having a lucid dream of school and the scene changed to Japan and a school
That's the gist of it. Except the Japanese building did not look like a school. The interior was sparsely decorated and looked like a older style. Dunno what a Japanese school room would have looked like before the country modernized. I'll try to look it up.


I think I might order one of the self regression cd's that was linked earlier. As I said in my intro, this was a long time ago, and I did not record this. I would like to see the memory fresh. Can regression do that?
 
I'm sure it can....It's in your soul's memory


I was regressed in a group for a "Lark" with my girlfriend. He took us back to age 5 in another life. I was a little gir; named Marnie sitting on the floor playing jacks. He asked who our fathers were and I looked up and saw a man in a gray topcoat with a shield of extra material over his shoulders and he was wearing a gray hat to match. When they asked his name I immediately said Dr. Francis Phelps ...We are from Maryland....I said my father was born in the 1700 or 1800....When I found him he was born in 1799 and his son of the same name, living in the same place was also named Dr. Francis Phelps...so strange... I never heard of him or never thought of Maryland but it was all there in the records...They did exist. So I'm sure you would remember much more or even get thoughts or an understanding of what is happening and the emotions in the situation...Maybe find the people like I did.....
 
Back
Top