glia21
Explorer
Dear all,
there is a topic I can´t get out of my mind. It´s about children`s abilities when they are very young and a possible PL relation. I do have three kids and though none of them ever had any memory to share so far (except for a vulcano land my daughter seems to recall where she lived with her two best friends in this life - she calls it a dream but since it has so many details and occured so many times - at least before she turned 7 - I think it might be more than that.) I wonder where their interests and abilities and also things that are specifically hard for them to learn/do come from.
My son, for example, had an exceptionally hard time to hold a pen and write. Or paint a picture. And he still can´t whistle (he´s 12). But he loved books since he was born, really, even as a baby he used to look at our books in the shelves for a looong time(i have alot
) . Also he´s not interested in music at all.
My daughter knew how to whistle from an early age. She wasn´t interested in books until she turned 8, not at all, but loved music (all kinds of - musicals, classic, even opera which no one else likes in our family).
When reading an english word she knows how to pronounce it without ever having an english lesson. We speak german. My son on the other hand has a hard time to pronounce it, he´s got english lessons for 2 years now at school and I need to help him.
All these little things, also the fears they have, they must come from somewhere? My son was also very scared of any noise he heard - even noise from toy cars. My daughters both are not, even the fireworks were alright and my younger daughter is only 9 months.
For me it´s amazing to watch these differences. Could there be an explanation with the genes/DNA they have? Same parents, same infrastructure, same stress level during pregnancy (a low one). Similar quite easy going births with practically no trauma experience (I was lucky).
Would be even more interesting by comparing twins or triplets
.
What do you think about it?
What are your experiences?
Glia
there is a topic I can´t get out of my mind. It´s about children`s abilities when they are very young and a possible PL relation. I do have three kids and though none of them ever had any memory to share so far (except for a vulcano land my daughter seems to recall where she lived with her two best friends in this life - she calls it a dream but since it has so many details and occured so many times - at least before she turned 7 - I think it might be more than that.) I wonder where their interests and abilities and also things that are specifically hard for them to learn/do come from.
My son, for example, had an exceptionally hard time to hold a pen and write. Or paint a picture. And he still can´t whistle (he´s 12). But he loved books since he was born, really, even as a baby he used to look at our books in the shelves for a looong time(i have alot
My daughter knew how to whistle from an early age. She wasn´t interested in books until she turned 8, not at all, but loved music (all kinds of - musicals, classic, even opera which no one else likes in our family).
When reading an english word she knows how to pronounce it without ever having an english lesson. We speak german. My son on the other hand has a hard time to pronounce it, he´s got english lessons for 2 years now at school and I need to help him.
All these little things, also the fears they have, they must come from somewhere? My son was also very scared of any noise he heard - even noise from toy cars. My daughters both are not, even the fireworks were alright and my younger daughter is only 9 months.
For me it´s amazing to watch these differences. Could there be an explanation with the genes/DNA they have? Same parents, same infrastructure, same stress level during pregnancy (a low one). Similar quite easy going births with practically no trauma experience (I was lucky).
Would be even more interesting by comparing twins or triplets
What do you think about it?
What are your experiences?
Glia