• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Alfred1940?

Alfred1940

Alfred1940?
I am not a believer in re-incarnation as yet. As I am a ' traditional Christian'.
But if I were to believe in it, I think I know who I was in at least 3 lives!
The last one is I think I ws my own grandfather who died in WW2 in 1940 at aged 23 leaving a widow and my 3 year old dad behind. The reason I think this is because as long as I can remember I could not take my eyes of the photo of him in uniform and I have had a life long fascination about him. Finally when I was able to go to Dunkirk and see the monument with his name on ( as his body was never found) I took my Dad ( who had been to the place before to visit his Dads name) This time we both broke down and held each other- I felt this need to comfort my own father like a dad would! Also my grandad dies by drowning and I cannot put my head under water I never have been able too. Also my grandmother took my dad to New Zealand in 1950 emigrated from Britain, where i was born but I have not liked NZ and always wanted to return to UK, where I now reside and will stay. Although we did try to live in uk when i was achild, we always returned to NZ for my mother, after her early death in 201 I immigrated to Uk even though I have grown up children from a previous marriage in NZ still. I dont want to ever leave Britain.
The other live i think i was is because as a girl of 8 we traveled to Scotland ( as my mums heritage is Scottish) I know nothing of the history of Glen coe but when we were there I looked over a shear cliff with my Dad and I saw men in kilts covered in blood, i could smell blood too, I told my Dad he just said I had a good imagination ( this I was often told) as my parents were and are Christians too. I found out later about the bloody history of Glencoe. My mother was of a Campbell!
Then recently I visited Olympia for the first time ever, or so I thought. While there I had the strong feeling of Dejavu. I sat on a stone just out side the stadium for a minute to rest. Suddenly, I was looking out from my own eyes but seem to be another person. I could not see myself but a middle aged man in a tunic approached me, when to say something to me, then I woke out of it.
When I was a small child we visited Stonehenge my dad sat me on the so called 'sacrificial alter stone' in the circle ( you could roam about Stonehenge in those days late 1960s). Maybe he told me it was the place they sacrificed virgins, I can't remember but I remember pleading with him to take me off it. Now if he had given me auto suggestion, I was not old enough to know what he was talking about, i didnot know what scarifice mean;t or what virgins were. All I know is that I was petrified of sitting on it.
As a child I often had 'feelings ' about a place and more so i would if I touched the walls or part of the old bits in a place or building ( which I often felt a 'pull' to do )
Can anybody help me to understand any of this?

Welcome Alfred1940!

Well it certainly looks as if you are awakening to reincarnation. Accepting it is not an over night process. Many of us battled with the concept. Especially those of us who came from conservative Christian traditions. But, in case you didn't know, reincarnation was accepted by some in the early Christian church. It was eliminated from Christian doctrine by the Nicaea Council. Who knows what their thoughts were back then. One thing is for sure, they were more interested in grabbing power than delving into the true mysteries of the universe. But, then again, mankind has been corrupting doctrine for centuries... we're left with only shards of truth and the struggle to find it again. And that can only be done by you, the individual. You have the power, as we all do, for discernment. Take what you've been given and explore it with an open mind. It is a journey! I would love to hear about yours in the days and years to come. I think you've been given a marvelous window of information to work on. GO! Explore... it is an incredible venture.

Please ask if you have any questions, we're all here to support your interest.

Blessings to you.

Tinkerman

Hi Alfred1940

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like past life memories to me. This is often how it is. Flashbacks, inklings and strong feelings of de ja vu are one of the ways that people remember. Recurring dreams is another. It is relatively common to incarnate back into the same family or with the same group of friends too.

Like Tinkerman, I see no conflict between a belief in reincarnation and a belief in Christianity. Indeed, there are many references in the Bible that could be interpreted as supportive of it. If the soul is sacred, and part of God, why not continue to return in order to experience the creation more than once? Why not keep trying to be a better person, and help others to do the same? Certainly it makes a lot more sense to me than having an allegedly kind and loving God give everyone only one chance to get it right, then spending the rest of eternity in either heaven or hell, depending how you do.

You might find this thread of interest.

Christianity and Reincarnation

Alfred1940 said:
When I was a small child we visited Stonehenge my dad sat me on the so called 'sacrificial alter stone' in the circle ( you could roam about Stonehenge in those days late 1960s). Maybe he told me it was the place they sacrificed virgins, I can't remember but I remember pleading with him to take me off it. Now if he had given me auto suggestion, I was not old enough to know what he was talking about, i didnot know what scarifice mean;t or what virgins were. All I know is that I was petrified of sitting on it.
It may comfort you to know that there is no evidence of human sacrifice at Stonehenge. That was most likely a Victorian age invention.

You may have picked up on what a sacrifice was by listening in church.

That said, I do not think it is unusual for someone to reincarnate into their own family. My middle child was most likely once my grandmother.

Back