• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Ally's Profound Belief

  • Thread starter Thread starter Michael_Michael
  • Start date Start date
M

Michael_Michael

Guest
Hi I am new to this forum and wanted to do some research into some of the things my daughter has been telling her Mother and I for almost a year now: that her old parents and sister died in a fire in California and she wants to go see them in heaven. She also wants to see her old grandparents who passed as well. She is 4 years old and has been telling us this story for a year now -- she even cries sometimes when she talks about it.

She's a very happy and well-taken-care of little girl. It could be something she just "made up", but something tells me there is more to this.

What kinds of things could I do to better understand her? What questions could I ask?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mike
 
Hi, and welcome!!!:)

I don't have my own children yet, so I am new to working with kids :) I would think, though that you could ask , if she wants to tell you their names, how old was her sister, what favorite things she liked to do with her family? May be activities and clothes will give you idea of the time period. You can ask what her outfits looked like, what was her name when she had that family? Of course, there are a lot of questions, so I don't think you need to ask them at once. May be just ask her to tell you about her sister or other mommy and listen to what she has to say.

I think it is the best to talk to her and let her to open up on this subject--if it is a real memory, then from what I heard on the forum, as soon as she gets it out, she will be fine and will move on with her current life. :)

Best to you and keep us posted!
 
Welcome to the forum

HI Mike,

Are you keeping a journal and writing down what she says? Sometimes it takes a while to put everything together when children are remembering. You might find it helpful to do so -months down the road -or even years when she adds to her memories the peices to the puzzle might begin to fall into place.

More later -gotta run!
 
Dealing with grief

Hi Mike, I have a child who had past life memories. She is much older now, but she remembered her past life at the age of 2. I can tell you from my experience that children do not make up such things. And they certainly don't lie at that age.

My suggestion would be to get some idea of the time frame of this fire and perhaps location in California; only if you feel the need to verify her account.

It is more important that you help her heal from the loss that she feels. And nothing helps with healing better than love.
 
Please do not make the same mistake I did, I brushed off what my daughter said until she was much older. When I finally sat down and actually listened, her tales amazed me.

Ask questions ... Did you have TV? What did you like to watch on TV? What was your name ... your parents' names ....

It is all very real, and your support will help her tremendously. No matter what, my daughter knows I support her and her quest to discover all that is given to her. I know some of my relatives have recently told her she was crazy, that she did not really experience what she did. The effect on her psyche was awful.

Good luck and best wishes to your family in your quest.

Mama2HRB
 
Back
Top