• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Another Memory

hydrolad

Senior Moderator
Super Moderator
I'm not trying to revive an old thread, but I finally got around to this one, and thought I would add my 2 cents for what it's worth.

When I was a little boy (in this lifetime), I may have had an end-of-life dream (NOT a nightmare) or possibly an OOB experience, I'm not sure, but I remember dreaming about being attacked by a wolf as a child (or other large carnivore) in the stomach area, possibly dying and what appeared to be my spirit or soul rising higher and higher into the sky.

What made the dream unique and revealing was that I had no concept of OOBE's or whatever back then, but as I rose higher and higher I could SEE my body and people running down a hill to confront the animal.

What made it even more believable was that I was born with a brown birthmark on my stomach that appeared to be in the same spot as the wound in the dream.

Sadly the birthmark became larger and lighter as my "waistline" increased with age, but when I was a child it was the size and shape of an animals mouth.

As I was possibly dying I felt no fear (in either lifetimes) and this dream was so strong, it has stayed with me ever since.
 
hydrolad said:
I could SEE my body and people running down a hill to confront the animal. What made it even more believable was that I was born with a brown birthmark on my stomach that appeared to be in the same spot as the wound in the dream.
This was a very interesting dream, Hydrolad; and can you guess whether the dream was triggered by anything? I would say that whatever memory is connected to this could be laying just below the surface, waiting for some kind of regression meditation or guided regression. Have you ever had any gastric difficulty or pain?


Forgive me for moving your post to a new thread. The one you replied to was started by someone else, and I felt that your post deserved its own thread.


-Nightrain
 
Another Memory


I haven't tried regression therapy, I don't even know if I could even be placed under hypnosis, and as far as gastric problems, I didn't have any problems as a child and even have my appendix.


However, I now take Rx medicine for Gastric Reflux and on occasion will drink a Ginger Ale to calm my stomach, so go figure.
 
hydrolad said:
I haven't tried regression therapy, I don't even know if I could even be placed under hypnosis, and as far as gastric problems, I didn't have any problems as a child and even have my appendix.
I felt the same way about hypnosis, but read as much as I could about it. Success with this procedure depends upon trust and a mind that is quite open to the possibility that subconscious knowledge may become accessible. I suspect that the act of practice helps to lower the natural resistance that some people have toward hypnosis.


The first thing to keep in mind is that you never lose control of your mind, and you are aware of everything around you. I've been listening to recordings of Dr. Brian Weiss' self-regression inductions with the objective of being less distracted and more natural. I can't say that I've had a great deal of success, yet. But, some things have come through as a result. It's worth a try.
 
Another Memory (Hypnosis)


There may be hope for me yet as to being able to be placed under hypnosis, because when I was a teen in the 60's, I had a Lava Lamp that would put me into a trance like state like nobody's business, now whether that was hypnosis or not, I don't know for sure.


My Brother later on (by accident) broke the globe, but I came across a place on the web that sells Lava Lights, and I'm tempted, hmmm.
 
hydrolad said:
There may be hope for me yet as to being able to be placed under hypnosis, because when I was a teen in the 60's, I had a Lava Lamp that would put me into a trance like state like nobody's business, now whether that was hypnosis or not, I don't know for sure.
You had one of those, too? You're dating yourself! :D


Actually, the effect you're describing with the lava lamp is the first level of trance; along with daydreaming, zoning out with a great piece of music, etc. Nothing mysterious.
 
Nightrain1 said:
I've been listening to recordings of Dr. Brian Weiss' self-regression inductions with the objective of being less distracted and more natural. I can't say that I've had a great deal of success, yet. But, some things have come through as a result. It's worth a try.
I've been trying one of his regreesion CDs too and likewise have had no success yet. The one time it did feel like I might be getting somewhere - the phone rang. :grr:
 
hydrolad said:
I had a Lava Lamp that would put me into a trance like state like nobody's business, now whether that was hypnosis or not, I don't know for sure.
Hi Hydrolad. As a matter of fact, yes, that was hypnosis. Being in hypnosis is nothing more than being in an altered state of consciousness. Like Nightrain said, there is a variety of things we do that change our consciousness. It is happening on a daily basis whether we are aware of it or not. There are varying depths. The CDs help you get to a deeper, more focused level.
 
Back
Top