soulfreindly said:
I think I will slow down in my life in my old age { I am too much a type A person} and take advantage of those things that older people do.. I do not want to be always trying to keep my youth.. being old is the natural pattern in life.
SOulfreindly
Looking at this old post of mine,, I am embarrased...
What I wrote was not at all what I was feeling,
I was in such denial..
I knew at that time I was not willing to let go of my youth.. I was very angry for being ill , and could not stand the thought of slowing down and not having a life ... So I will have to rethink my thoughts of death in a "natural" manner.
ChrisR said:
This question is directed at younger members, who have yet to experience old age in their present life. I was wondering if any of you can recall being elderly and frail, how did you relive those memories? can you remember feeling the effects that old age had on your body? Can anybody remember dying a natural death caused by old age?
I was interested Chris , why you thought to ask just those who are young about how they perceived dieing in old age in their past life memories?
When I first replied in the spring, I was still very sick
and had alot of fear and anger towards being so ill and feeling that much closer to death. Back then it did not occur to me that in my memories of being old , I did not have the same feelings that I do experience when I am feeling ill.---ie I never rememebered the trauma of dieing a natural death.
Yet remembering death through trauma , pain inflicted on me during my life are all very easy to be triggered and remembered in regression. THat makes me think that when our death is natural, we are not burdened with these overwhelming memories of how bad life can be when we are losing our bodies. SO it is not losing the body that is the trauma , it is the circumstances around it. ,,, and that bodily pain is maybe not ever replayed and brought forth into our future lives??
On the posts below , no one commented on the pain of it. Really quite extraordinary to me.. as pain has to be involved ... SOme commented they were bitter , an emtional reaction, but again no trauma associated with any pain of death.
I think we as a society do not see enough of the pain of a natural death. I just wonder if we should be more in tune with the pain of death... I do not think it was a good thing for me to be in such denial.. for me nor for anyone else.. Bringing me back to my fear of being a whimp... but arent we all..?? We may just not remember it... until faced with alot of pain. Or am I more of a whimp than others??
soulfreindly