• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Article: "The 13 Creepiest Things A Child Has Ever Said To A Parent"

kittenmommy

Article: The parents of Reddit posed the question: “What is the creepiest thing your young child has ever said to you?” The responses were bone-chilling.

For those who don't want to click, the relevant ones:

7. "Before I was born here, I had a sister, right? Her and my other mom are so old now. They were ok when the car was on fire, but I sure wasn't!"

And:

10. Getting our two and a half year old daughter out of the bath one night, my wife and I were briefing her on how important it was she kept her privates clean. She casually replied, "Oh, no one 'scroofs' me there. They tried one night. They kicked the door in and tried but I fought back. I died and now I'm here." She said this like it was nothing.

Hi Kittenmommy. Welcome to the forum, and thank you for the links. There used to be an old TV show called "Kids Say the Darndest Things." They weren't quite like that! :laugh:

I remember seeing this article, very interesting and likely PL related on some of them - the honesty that come out kids mouths. And a big LOL at #8, that one always cracks me up! :)

I was babysitting my niece one day (she was 2 or 3 at the time) and she said something like this. We were in the middle of playing a game when she suddenly stops everything she was doing and looked at me with this fear in her eyes and asked me "Is mommy going to die in a car accident?" I told her no, that her mom was safe and that nothing was going to happen to her. Then she asks me, "am I going to die in a car accident?" I told her the same thing, that she was ok and that nothing was going to happen to her. She said "oh, ok" then went back to playing like nothing happened.

BriarRose said:
There used to be an old TV show called "Kids Say the Darndest Things." They weren't quite like that! :laugh:
I wonder what Art Linkletter would have done if one of the kids had ever said something PL related? He was close to 100 when he passed away a few years ago. I wonder what he would say now?

BriarRose said:
Hi Kittenmommy. Welcome to the forum, and thank you for the links. There used to be an old TV show called "Kids Say the Darndest Things." They weren't quite like that! :laugh:
Makes me wonder if any kids did say PL related stuff, but that never made it onto the show...

kittenmommy said:
Makes me wonder if any kids did say PL related stuff, but that never made it onto the show...
They would have thought the kids were either making it up or imagining things. That's what most parents thought.

argonne1918 said:
They would have thought the kids were either making it up or imagining things. That's what most parents thought.
You're probably right. And if it were especially horrific, there's no doubt it wouldn't have made it onto the show!

kittenmommy said:
You're probably right. And if it were especially horrific, there's no doubt it wouldn't have made it onto the show!
Now that I think about it I wonder if that show was taped or done live? And I remember it was also on the radio for many years. Many TV shows in the 50's had started out on radio in the 40's or earlier. During the transition to TV many shows were on both radio and TV, but at different times. And there were a lot of 15 minute shows instead of 30 minute.

argonne1918 said:
Now that I think about it I wonder if that show was taped or done live? And I remember it was also on the radio for many years. Many TV shows in the 50's had started out on radio in the 40's or earlier. During the transition to TV many shows were on both radio and TV, but at different times. And there were a lot of 15 minute shows instead of 30 minute.
You know what? I bet it was live. So forget my theory! LOL

Blog posting: "creepy" things kids have said

Came across this blog posting about creepy things kids have said to their parents. Not surprisingly, several of them reference past lives. After the first post, more people wrote in and again, several more of them contained references to reincarnation.

http://www.danoah.com/2013/06/23-of-the-creepiest-things-ever-said-by-kids.html

A couple of examples:

1) My daughter said to me the other day, “when I was your age I used to take you to the beach, and vacation. We used to go out to eat and read. But, I’m not your age anymore, I’m little all over again and now you’re the big one.”

19)We were driving home one night and my 3 year old pointed out a building and said “I used to work there.” Turns out it was a building that my (deceased) father in law worked at 40+ years ago. When my husband asked her what she did when she worked there, she described the job that he used to do.

Several of the kids also talked about seeing ghosts and spirits, especially of deceased relatives. I wonder what stories school teachers could tell?

I didn't think it was this common, until I started considering reincarnation as a possibility 3 years ago. Since now I do pay attention to what people, especially children, I see that a lot of children have moments like "When I was big...". Those claims get disregarded quite easily, though. I wonder what percentage of kids claiming that when they were big... is actually imagination, and not pl related. We here mostly consider things from pl point of view, but I do believe that some of the statements are pure imagination or does not have any significance at all.

Back