• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Average PL Joe? Please check in:

Average PL Joe? Please check in:

  • I was so famous your (great)x? grandmother would've known me

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I was an average person who died in a well-known tragedy

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I was a famous person who died in a famous tragedy

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I was an average person who led a normal life

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wanted to be famous in my past life but never made it. Maybe this time around?

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    1

lagrima

It wasn't MPD after all!
:D I'm just curious as to how many of us had absolutely non famous, average past lives. There have been so many threads on here by well known PL people that I'm feeling lonely.

I was a boring Kentucky housewife at the turn of the century. And I wouldn't have changed that for anything ;)

How about YOU?
 
I was never a famous person nor do I think I ever wanted to be.

In one life I was training to be a dancer. I was so focused on dancing that I don't think I ever seriously thought about what would happen if I reached my goals. I was just doing something that I loved passionately. An injury followed by a war cut that dream short.
 
Thanks, but you know, I went on to discover a lot of new experiences and dreams that would never have happened had that dream not been cut short. The only regret I had in that life was not having a family of my own (that was my dying thought in fact), and I have that now.:)

Maybe in some future life I'll pursue that dream again. Who knows?:)
 
The only historic events I can remember are both World Wars. Fortunately, I wasn't famous. That would have been even worse.

I think it was on Star Trek, of all places, that somebody mentioned an "ancient Chinese curse"--may you live in interesting times. Whoever came up with that is right.
 
Great quote Dark!

I found out doing my research that I was a nurse during WWI. I don't have any memories of the war and don't think I left Kentucky during that time. But, it's nice to know I was a professional and educated at the university before I had kids- same as now. And that was rare back then.

I also lived during prohibition and have some experience relating to it. Very interesting times indeed!
 
So far

So far I haven't recalled any past lives that were truly famous people.
The piano player in the 1930-40s thought he wanted to be famous, but it didn't work out that way.

I suppose in that case the only real disadvantage to him not being famous is that it is going to be extremely difficult to find any recordings of his playing or singing.
They mostly performed in Carson City I think and occassionally in California.

I'm sure there are other lives that are the "average Joe" type that I just haven't discovered yet. I only really started looking a few months ago.
I highly doubt I was ever anyone famous in a past life. And that's fine by me. :)
 
In all the lives I remember, I was an average person. In fact, I often died before I reached adulthood.
I remember one lifetime in which I was an adopted girl in the Royal Family in Ancient Egypt. But I never made it to the history books, lol. In that lifetime I died at age 12. That is the closest relation to famous persons that I remember.
 
Hi. :)

Picking my most-remembered past life within this reality, I'd have to add an option to the poll, because I wasn't an average person who led a normal life. I was so unfamous that when I lived very few people knew or cared, the census didn't count me after I left home (and may not have counted me there, depending on when it was held, since I left by age nine). My friends were others who also fell through the cracks in society. I met two "famous" people in that life that I remember, but when I died nobody noticed. Not having a proper burial, and knowing that no one could ever find out I was dead or what happened to me, left me angry and upset and attached to that body.

I think I've seen quite a few "less-than-average-joe" lives described on this forum. Not all are upset or bitter about it, far from it. It just happened to be what happened to me, and my reaction to it.

But as I have recently found out, there are advantages to being angry and bitter and sad and wanting to remember everything. It might come in handy sometime when you meet an old friend who was as anonymous as you were in the past life but very important to you.
 
Angela, I voted "I am an average person who led a normal life" because for the vast majority of the lives I've had, that's the truth. I just decided to average it.

(Though part of me wants to say -- define "a normal life"!)

I've focussed on two lives in particular because they seem to be where a lot of current-life issues come from.

Fact is, past lives are past lives. It doesn't matter whether they were famous or not -- they still affect this life the same ways, and need to be dealt with the same ways. The traumas -- given or received -- reverberate across lives, whether they made the history books or not. I know two regression therapists who both believe totally that I was who my memories suggest, and thinking about this I realized why -- because I'm acting just like all their other clients do about all their past lives. Learning... releasing... healing... dealing with karma... finding peace, bit by bit. It's just the same, no matter who or what you were.

I didn't mention the name in the "being beheaded" thread, because it isn't the point. The event, and the realization, and the re-visiting, and the resulting healing -- that's the point. Likewise the karmic rebalancing posts were about a process that any two people could do, when one wronged the other in a past life.

I once asked my spirit guides, "Is this an ego thing on my part?" And they answered, "Only if you make it one." I'd like to adapt that to this issue. The fame, or obscurity, of a past life only matters if you make it matter. Otherwise... it's just a past life like any other.

Warmly,
Karen
 
Lagrima,

What a great thread! I voted that I was just an average person- I don't have a lot of concrete memories, but I've had some past life memories that I know are past lives. After this experience, I was able to peice together that I had a life as an attorney (probably as crooked as you know what). It's interesting to me that I now work as a paralegal, my pet peeves are ethics and integrity, and no matter how hard I've tried, my path does not seem to lead to law school. Mmmmm

I believe I was an Indian at one time, as well...very ordinary.

I've never even known anyone famous in this life...don't think I have in other lives either.

I'm famous with my friends, family and cat, though..... :D :D :D :D
 
I haven't been regressed or anything, so I only have images and one very clear and distinct memory to go by!! Narrows it down a bit. From what I know of that one I was from a wealthy family in the late 1800's but drowned as a young girl. So I voted AvJoe as it kinda sums it up!! Not sure who the family were or anything, I've only ever worked from the memory of my last few minutes, but I know I know them now.
 
As far as I know I never made it into the history books of any country. Unless you count being one of a cast of thousands of American Civil War dead. That doesn't really count though I don't think.
 
I remember three other lives.

1. I was a craftsman/artist and very bitter because I thought my work ought to have been more widely known. I don't remember enough about that to know if I was looking for personal fame, or just wanting my work to be popular.

2. I was a servant, totally unknown, and very happy.

3. I remember that my mother was sort of well known, as in she was in the society pages a lot. As her daughter, my name was probably known to people who cared about that sort of thing, but I wasn't really famous.

(Current life: Unknown, and intending to stay that way!)
 
Originally posted by niamh


By the way, Artzab, I love your quote -- "A soul can't go by a name."

Thanks. :) It's just something I try to keep in mind when I try doing research on memories or when I think of who I might have been. I try to refrain from using a name and I just focus on personality characteristics and memories that could mean something.
 
Just an average "Joe"

I lived many lives but never as anyone famous. I was just an average person struggling to survive (and hold onto my sanity) but I did live through some extraordinary times...

Wars, prejudice, displacement, abandonment, sickness, disaster...etc., etc.


Ta...
 
I've had plenty of average lives. I mean, probably lots of people were once an Aztec human sacrifice, right? :) And I can't be the only cleaning lady in a palace of the Medici family there ever was. :) Or the only person in the Roman army who never did any fighting and did little besides paperwork... :) Etc., etc., etc...
 
In most of my past lives I died before reaching adulthood. I was never "famous" per se. My previous lives were a mixture of extremely poor to upper class. ;)
 
My last three life times, I was as average as average could be. They were tough times in human history the past 150 years.....but then - really, human history is filled with difficulties, personal and global.

It has always been the small details that have intrigued me the most about each of my past lives. I remember no one that was famous - except hearing of Hitler duing WWII. Never saw him in person -only heard his voice on the radio.
 
well i dont think many people were famouse people in past lives. i mean ok look at 1900 all the regular joes, all over the world, millions, billions, and how many famous people were there through out the history of the world. i often think famouse/well known people today may have been the well known people in the past. but who knows.

in my past life during the early part of the 20th century, i was just a common person, nothing special at all.

during my life during the 60s i was a hippy, if that counts as special? but whats weird is fashions come back every 20 years or so, remember bell bottoms coming back? i thought maybe that was becuase all the teenagers/young adults who may have died in the late 60s - 70s were coming of age again and carried over their fashions? and it just cuaght on with everyone. also could explain the hippy movement that reoccured during the late 80s.
 
I would like to see the members with "famous" life times voting in this thread. Not posting about their PL but voting so we can see the ratio's. It would make an interesting study. ;)
 
Hi Deborah!
I think that the title of the poll might make people with past life memories of being famous getting less likely to check in on the tread. 0% percent on the famous sounds definately too low, considering that many people here have that kind of memories. Maybe there should be a question about having more than one famous life too?

Lagrima, I didn't mean to critisise you, I just thought that if the poll should become more like a study as Deborah suggests, the title is a problem. Otherwise it's fine. :)

Veronica
 
I remember three past lives but I was not famous in any of them.

The past life I remember the most was dying at Auschwitz at at 13 as a French Jew. That one's had the most affect on me...clearly!

the other two I remember were living as a child in a poor town in Ireland, but I have no idea who I was, where we were...I just remember living in some sort of village by the sea with really green hills, large roaring sea and a big family. :)

I also remember living in New York Society at the turn of last century/Victorian/Edwardian period. I wasn't famous although possibly talked about akin to lesser known socialites who make it in the newspaper.
 
my memory is of being a completely ordinary 18 year old male who played soccer and hung posters of girls on his wall and lived in a horrible part of town in a cramped apartment with his parents and younger sister in the 1970's and committed sucide by jumping out of his bedroom window.
 
I was a farmer.I was in the Civil Civil war. I wasn't famous, but I was a good military stratigest. Even in this life I'm a good stratgest.It helped me move up in ranks. I do remember I was in a mounted regiment. I think I may have been a friend of Lo Armistead who was a famous Gen with Pickett's charge up the Little Round Top @ Gettysburg. I have a tremendous intrest in this man for no known reason. My heart even aches for him, because of his death from wounds he recieved at Gettysburg. Paula
 
I'm quite new to this, and have never been regressed (I have wanted it for years, but wouldn't know where to start), but I don't think I was any kind of household name or necessarily anyone you'd find in the history books. But I'm wondering if I was a shaman or mystic of some kind, probably in pre-Christian Britain (maybe Wales rather than England). I think you'd have to be pretty fabulous to have been one of those, even if "fame" back then was not what we think of as "fame" today. But I have an image of being watched by people in a wood or forest, and a sense of drums, and I get the impression of having once been someone that knew things and sorted things out. It's hardly royalty or actors or anything like that, but even so.

My other lives, I suspect, have all been astoundingly ordinary. If I really did have a life in Ancient Greece, it was probably as dull as ditchwater, since all the images I have from there are just "stuff". I also think I may have done some utterly boring things in some Germanic place at some point (a city life, I think). The most dramatic thing I've done, besides the mysticism, is fighting in WW1, but I don't even think I was any especially high rank in the army. Oh, and I was into partying quite heavily after that, and I think I would have been annoyed at being thought of as "normal" in that life, because I wanted to be incredible and admired. I wasn't, rather the opposite in some quarters. I think that life, probably my last one before this, wasn't terribly happy and in fact quite abnormally traumatic at points, for so many reasons. I really think I need to find out more about this, because I think this life holds the key to so much of me as I am now.
 
I have had many lives, but I do not feel I was famous in any of them. I don't yearn to be famous. I hope to be happy and loved.
 
I am a Certified Genealogist and have been for only two years but I can tell you, about 60% of Americans are decended from royalty and many of us have famous relatives so it is not that strange. Also, the population has grown so much AND it depends on what you call famous also. I am a direct decendant of the Younger Brothers who rode w/Jesse James. My family has relics of their lives and is proud of them but where they "famous" probably not. I am also a decendant through my great grandmother Della DeMoss of the DeMoss Noble French line and through my father's side, the King of Wales and a few princes after him. Now, today no one knows who they are but in their day, they were quite famous. However, I am very skeptical of people claiming they were Cleopatra or Queen Elizabeth and so forth because the likelyhood is phenominal (there are so many also!) Most of us were ordinary people. I personally have no idea who I was and am fine with never knowing.
 
Back
Top